Worst Gers Team Ever

kplfishtank

Ive been listening for a wee while now from folk mostly non bears but some bears telling me that this is the worst Rangers team ever

well im getting fed up with this as i honestly believe its not even close , so i decided to have a wee look at our league stats from 1991-2 season till 2002-3 season(thats all my books go to)

YEAR WON DRAW LOST

1991-2 16 3 4

1992-3 18 4 1

1993-4 11 7 5

1994-5 15 5 3

1995-6 17 5 1

1996-7 18 3 2

1997-8 14 6 3

1998-9 15 5 3

1999-00 17 5 1

2000-01 16 3 4

2001-02 15 6 2

now lets fast forward to the present season

2009-10 16 6 1

ive been long enough watching the bears to know that this is nowhere near the worst gers team ever , maybe the poorest in money terms since the Souness revolution

And as for all these folk who follow other teams how the hell can you tell me how bad Rangers are when your watching your own teams faillings as the GERS go marching on...................

There was a brilliant sketch on Only an Excuse over the New Year which highlighted this.

Interview with a Rangers fan saying this was the worse side he's ever seen and the interviewer then constantly kept reminding him of poorer sides before this year. Ended up him going well apart from that year and that year and that year then then this is the worst Rangers side I've ever seen.

Seriously though it does annoy me when I ses Tims going on about failing to beat one of the weaker sides in Rangers history. Astounds me when you look at the facts that this side have done tremendous this season.

I actually never hear that from the mouths of other teams fans, usually hear it bandied about on forums when I am doing a bit of scouting around on the beeb and such. It is a myth, this side are nowhere near as bad as the scum would have you believe. We are solid from back to front when we have a full squad and the when they clutch at these kind of straws it does give me a chuckle.

Next season might be a worry but I am just enjoying the ride now as noone knows what is round the corner in football.

Thing is, the older you get the more the memory plays tricks, I for one have supported The Rangers since the sellick were doing 9IAR, then I suffered through the 80's, now we are in the present, and of those 3 difficult times I have often said I wouldn't pay money to watch this Rangers team. so why was I willing to watch those earlier sides?

Couple of reasons I think.

1: the late 60's side were still ok to watch Greig, D.Smith, Henderson, Stein, wee Bud etc. They always seemed to bust a gut for the Gers so you could forgive them, also sellick were a very good team at that time,[that hurt to say that]

2: in the 80's I was still relatively young and looked forward to my weekly sash-up, it also helped that the manky mob were rubbish as well, although apart from Davie Cooper I can't think of any class players from that time in a blue shirt, and even DC had his shitty moments [tin hat on] but then I always maintained that he was always 2-3 moves ahead of any of his teamates and that they made him look stupid at times, and then he would go into one of his moods, still loved the man though :praise:

3: in this era, although the recent/present team are not to pleasing on the eye I personally think that the lack of atmosphere in Ibrox is a major contributary [sp] factor in being blaize about watching the Gers, stats will show that they are not the worst but then again the opposition is nothing to look at either.

IMO though the worst sides I watched were the early 80's they were brutal and it was an endurance test staying the course with them, or then again as I said at the top of this post, maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me again.

Forever Rangers.

Not the worst in history, just the worst in my memory of the last 10 years. And I mean individual player skill.

Did you not watch us under Mcleish in his last season or when {PLG was in charge?? Much worse players and team than we have now.

Ive been listening for a wee while now from folk mostly non bears but some bears telling me that this is the worst Rangers team ever

well im getting fed up with this as i honestly believe its not even close , so i decided to have a wee look at our league stats from 1991-2 season till 2002-3 season(thats all my books go to)

YEAR WON DRAW LOST

1991-2 16 3 4

1992-3 18 4 1

1993-4 11 7 5

1994-5 15 5 3

1995-6 17 5 1

1996-7 18 3 2

1997-8 14 6 3

1998-9 15 5 3

1999-00 17 5 1

2000-01 16 3 4

2001-02 15 6 2

now lets fast forward to the present season

2009-10 16 6 1

ive been long enough watching the bears to know that this is nowhere near the worst gers team ever , maybe the poorest in money terms since the Souness revolution

And as for all these folk who follow other teams how the hell can you tell me how bad Rangers are when your watching your own teams faillings as the GERS go marching on...................

They can call them whatever they want

I'll just call them championeeeeeeeeeeees championeeeeeeees

I think the PLG side was the worst I can remember.

Hard to compare sides from different times though, you have to take into account how good the opposition is/was.

But then again, we were fantastic in Europe (Livorno away!!!)

probably the team consisting of mo ross, s thompson, eggen, emerson, capucho, andrews, ostenstad, nerlinger, vanoli, jeffers and the like

poor Eck, he ended up working with pure dross, now that was a shite team, i happen to think todays team have loads of potential

probably the team consisting of mo ross, s thompson, eggen, emerson, capucho, andrews, ostenstad, nerlinger, vanoli, jeffers and the like

poor Eck, he ended up working with pure dross, now that was a shite team, i happen to think todays team have loads of potential

thats the team that instantly springs to mind when i think of the worst rangers team i have watched

thats the team that instantly springs to mind when i think of the worst rangers team i have watched

yep, it was shocking, it wasnt anti-football or anything, it was just so inept at everything

utter shite

(tu)

The 03/04 team with Ostenstad, Capucho etc were fuckin dire. How can a team thats won the championship once on course for 2IAR, reached a UEFA Cup Final and won 5 out of 6 domestic cups be the worst side in our history?

They have it in them to play some really good football, but even when we're not playing teams off the park we keep winning. The squad has a steel and resilliance about them to get the job done, no matter the situation. It's fantastic. I also happen to think we do actually have some good players to, despite what some would lead you to believe.

I think back over the last ten years and how I was never confident that we could come back from going a goal down. Now, I'm always confident we will turn it around if we start losing a game. You look at Hearts at home, Stuttgart away, Hibs away to name just 3 this season where we've been in a losing position against decent teams and we've come back. Before Walter came back, I was never confident our teams could do that.

They have it in them to play some really good football, but even when we're not playing teams off the park we keep winning. The squad has a steel and resilliance about them to get the job done, no matter the situation. It's fantastic. I also happen to think we do actually have some good players to, despite what some would lead you to believe.

I think back over the last ten years and how I was never confident that we could come back from going a goal down. Now, I'm always confident we will turn it around if we start losing a game. You look at Hearts at home, Stuttgart away, Hibs away to name just 3 this season where we've been in a losing position against decent teams and we've come back. Before Walter came back, I was never confident our teams could do that.

Forgot the scum game :uk:

Forgot the scum game :uk:

He was talking about games against decent teams :pierre:

Worst rangers team, you should have seen some of the teams 1968 to 1970 heart breaking some of the lowest crowd's in our history,Me I never missed a game home or away,I was just a daft boy of 20, but still supporting them now . Live the through the valley of the shadow of death (their 9 in a row ). But my father would always say:" Courage Bother do not stumble though the road be dark as night there's the Star to guide the troubled trust in G_d and follow the Gers " .