Bougherra or Boyd

Pedro

264 members have voted

1. 1. Boughy or Boydy

• Bougherra
    • Boyd

Why not both?

Anyway it's toughy but i'll go for Boyd as the defence coped perfectly well without Bougherra, even if he has looked great since his return but Boyds goals speak for themself.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd every time!

If(more like when) we sell Bougherra i have no doubts that Smith will find another good defender for £2-3m as he seems to an eye for a good CB, where as if you look at the striker/forwards he have signed only 1 has really proved there weight imo.

Boyd for me.

Not a very hard decision for me as Bougherra is a quality player and a few levels above Boyd for me and our best player by some distance.

Boyds attitude has improved, although he has been back to his old self in the last few games imo and i still think he wont be missed as much (if at all) as a lot of guys think, Again on Sunday there we were a far better team when he went off for me as we are very one dimensional and limited with him playing for me.

Bougherra, no question.

The fact an average player like Whittaker, largely from full back, can bag 10 goals in around 20 appearances, illustrates that scoring a number of goals alone does not make you a crucial player. What makes you a crucial player is delivering when it really matters, big games.

For example, Old Firm game in 2 weeks. Bougherra being fit and available makes an enormous difference to us. Boyd, with 1 goal in 9 Old Firm starts......meh.

I see your point but stats, like form, means nothing in an Old Firm game. You can have someone thats not scored against a certain team for years, doesn't mean the next time we play that team the player isn't going to score. I reckon Boyd will score against them in a few weeks time

I thought we played better when Boyd went off after the pen on sunday, but then we were 2-0 up. Without a creative strong player up top with him Boyd is useless, Miller is the magic that makes Boyd tick imo.

A strong defence is everything, look at the mhanks scoring 4 at sheepville but letting in 4 as well. Boogie and Davis are the best players in the SPL, but due to Boyds contract situation then would have to say Boyd. The thought of losing him for nothing doesnt bare thinking about. He is a player that has came on leaps and bounds, although still not convinced against a better defence, he was lucky not to get sent off on Sunday. He has to learn to stop grabbing at players needlessly, it could cost us. Fir park should us how invaluable he is to us just now though.

Six months ago I never thought I would say this but Boyd. I think Bougherra is a better player but in the next couple of years we have a outstanding replacement coming through in Danny Wilson and I can't see us replacing Boyd's 30 goals a season

Six months ago I never thought I would say this but Boyd. I think Bougherra is a better player but in the next couple of years we have a outstanding replacement coming through in Danny Wilson and I can't see us replacing Boyd's 30 goals a season

that is a good point. i never used to rate boyd at all, infact i used to slate him...cant imagine me doing that now!!

im sorry boyd :anguish:

Boyd for sure.

If we sell Bougherra it wont be so hard for WS to find a good replacement, but we will hardly get another goal scoring machine like Boyd.

That is it in a nutshell. WS can get a CB relativley cheap & fit him into his team, to find a goalscorer capable of getting the amount of goals Boyd gets would be out of our reach financially. Also the "Boyd never scores against ra cellic" argument gets on my moobs, do we not need to beat other teams? Do we not need Boyds goals in these games? Of course we do!

boogie still got 2 yrs to run, so obviously it would be boyd

Just what i was about to say, Bougherra's contracted till summer 2012 and will leave at some point regardless of if he's given a bigger contract or not, Boyd's is done in a few months. Why would anyone have to chooses between one or the other?