Minutes silence if tims reach the cup final ?

Should Celtic reach the Cup Final we understand a request will be made by the club that will rock this greatest little country in the World to its very core so much so that many masks will undoubtedly slip. Weve been informed the club will make a request to the SFA to hold a minutes silence in memory of the millions who lost their lives during the Irish Famine following on from the inaugural minutes respect held last year against Hibs. With this season ending earlier than normal due to this summers World Cup in South Africa the Scottish Cup final falls on May 15th a day set aside throughout THE WORLD in remembrance of those souls who through no fault of their own were starved to death mainly due to decisions taken by the Westminster Government. With the precedent being set last year we understand the club is 100% certain to make this request and all hell will break loose if the SFA do not offer a supportive response. With the eyes and ears of all countries around the globe on Scotland once the request is formally made this has the potential of being explosive should Celtic reach the final.

Jebus......

I know this is a moot point as they won't reach the final but still.... (this was taken from a sellck site cant' add quote tags due to IE)

Just a point I have to ask? is this event really recognized throughout the world, [or is it just their world] the reason I ask is I've never heard anything about it here in Canada, although I may be wrong, just don't think so, the first time I ever heard about it was last year in their game against Hibs [by the way was that not a coincidence] given their opponents.hmm!!

If they don't make it to the SC final get ready for a rescheduling date against us at the piggery.

The really are a reprehensible organization, go home the lot of you.

The only time I'd heard of Famine Memorial Day or whatever it's called was when they played Hibs last year. America loves everything that's Irish but I've not seen it advertised or talked about ever here.

Surely they mean a minute's applause? :wink:

Many's the true word spoken in jest.

If applause is appropriate to mark conflicts in which hundreds of millions died - and that's ra shellick's position, why would it be silence for the famine?

Personally if they have silence at the Final and we're in it I would respect it, silently standing in the pie queue.

If applause is appropriate to mark conflicts in which hundreds of millions died - and that's ra shellick's position, why would it be silence for the famine?

Personally if they have silence at the Final and we're in it I would respect it, silently standing in the pie queue.

Potato pie?

(tu)

Would be interesting to hear what Liewell had to say on the matter should this come to fruition.

it would not be well observed by us.

i would hope we would have more class than to disrupt a silence for thousands that died in such a horrible way.

singing TFIO is different than disrespecting thousands of lives.