** Rangers Captain Davie Weir Appreciation Thread **

WilliamFyfe

194 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Davie Weir to stay on another year?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say yes. Davie Weir legend. Maybe he can not withstand a level of Rangers, but SPL rivals can be like a football player. But for the play in Europe need another defender. But would still, I say - yes Davie Weir!

He has been caught out a few times this year i personally think if he is looking to play another year or 2 then it should be at a lower level.

There is no way we can go into the CL next year with Weir at the back as he will get caught out to many times

i certainly wouldn't play him in the champions league next year.

i don't know what the pitch was like tonight but i wonder if given his build a greasy surface has ever suited him ... and at this point in his career it just makes him show his age

Who knows, a bunch of people said last year that another season would be too much for Davie, but he's coped very well IMO. If his heart is in it, then why not?

I'll say what I said at this time last season.If he is up for it,then absolutely yes.He's still the best at what he

does in the SPL,and another year of nurturing young Wilson is an ideal situation,as far as I'm concerned. (tu)

give him a coaching job, but still registered as a player, so he can play if needed. he's 41, but still faster than robbie keane

Nothing is faster than Robbie Keane. Not a speeding bullet nor Celtic's draining finances week by week after his signing.

I said no.

A Bougherra - Wilson partnership would be just as good in my opinion. If we aren't going to renew his contract then I hope they tell us before the final home game so we can give him a good send-off. A potential Hall of Famer.

If people didnt know his age they would be delighted if he stayed on. Really how many bad games has he had for the Gers? That is how he should be judged, not by his age.

if weir stays i wont be renewing my season tickets! we defend far too deep becoz of his lack of pace and while we just about get away with it in the spl we get punnished against the better side in europe,and if celtic get there act together in the summer i fear they cud hurt us also.in saying this though he has been a great signing and is a credit to both the club and himself.the future has got to be with webster,wilson and if he stays bouggy.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

If people didnt know his age they would be delighted if he stayed on. Really how many bad games has he had for the Gers? That is how he should be judged, not by his age.

if weir stays i wont be renewing my season tickets! we defend far too deep becoz of his lack of pace and while we just about get away with it in the spl we get punnished against the better side in europe,and if celtic get there act together in the summer i fear they cud hurt us also.in saying this though he has been a great signing and is a credit to both the club and himself.the future has got to be with webster,wilson and if he stays bouggy.

This post reeks of ass.

Voted NO, he's been great this season but it's time for us to focus on the future.

Wouldn't mind him taking up a coaching role though.

I agree got alot to offer the young boys

FFS Ye make that sound like he should be at the piggery.

bougie is prone to going awol late returns etc so we need someone who can work with wilson to coach him through the games webster might be the answer but i have my doubts so i voted yes to another year

I'd like him to stay as a coach but I've noticed his pace is deteriorating this season and it's getting to the point where I don't feel as defensively secure despite his great ability to read the game.