Is Steven Davis a better player...

Ferguson put in some world class performances, he was not world class.

If he was world class, then how come he ended up at Blackburn (I thought I'd use that little line that people used to have a go at one of my suggestions :D)!!?? ;)

Pretty hard to judge the two of them. Different era's, Ferguson had better players around him, Davis isn't used in his proper position...

I'd say that Barry Ferguson in his prime was a better player than Steven Davis currently is. Steven Davis has worked on his consistancy and that's obvious to see through-out his performances this season. If he continues to do so, stays at Rangers, and up's his performances that little bit more, then there is a good chance he could be better, although it will still be hard to judge.

I'm glad both have played for the club, and I hope Davis continues to do so, because he is our best player, and the best in the league and country by a country mile!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance. Barry in his prime was world class.

Barry was good, but he was no where near Worldclass.

Aye he was. Did you not read the other posts? Perhaps not. but nae bother. (tu)

Nowhere near? doh

Ferguson for me in his prime he was superb hed grab games by the scruff of the neck and run the full midfield his passing and vision were on a different level tae davis who by the way i think is a good player but no a patch on fergie :uk:

Nowhere near? doh

You crack me up :lol:

You were the first to suggest Barry was Worldclass, and I responded to your outlandish claim that Barry Ferguson was Worldclass. :doh

If you are talking about putting in some very good performances then of course he did, but as a player he was no where near in the bracket of a "Worldclass player" for us. :doh:

World class; Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas...

When Ferguson was in his prime; Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Ballack, Zidane, Raul, Scholes, Nedved, Figo, Rui Costa, Viera, Mendieta, Gerrard, Keane... Ferguson couldn't look at those players!

Nowhere near? doh

You were the first to suggest Barry was Worldclass, and I responded to your outlandish claim that Barry Ferguson was Worldclass. :doh

If you are talking about putting in some very good performances then of course he did, but as a player he was no where near in the bracket of a "Worldclass player" for us. :doh:

lol I'm glad to provide you some entertainment.

Barry could have played in any team in the world -- easy. Your definition of World Class clearly excludes Barry.. that's fine.

Outlandish? Give me a break. And once again you use "no where near". No problem. Anyway, at the end of day, we arguing over whether a Rangers player was/is world class. Not a bad thing I'd suggest. (tu)

World class; Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas...

When Ferguson was in his prime; Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Ballack, Zidane, Raul, Scholes, Nedved, Figo, Rui Costa, Viera, Mendieta, Gerrard, Keane... Ferguson couldn't look at those players!

Spot on, but that's not saying that he was a bad player of anything like that.

Think to some if you don't suggest he was "Worldclass" then it's a slur on his ability as a player, which it ain't.

He was still the best Scottish player that has been produced in a while.

Nowhere near? doh

Barry could have played in any team in the world -- easy. Your definition of World Class clearly excludes Barry.. that's fine.

Outlandish? Give me a break. And once again you use "no where near". No problem. Anyway, at the end of day, we arguing over whether a Rangers player was/is world class. Not a bad thing I'd suggest. (tu)

That's why he left Rangers, the club he loved for the mighty Blackburn.

Barry Ferguson in his day was a cracking player, he put in some tremendous performances on the big stage but, he was not world class.

Nowhere near? doh

That's why he left Rangers, the club he loved for the mighty Blackburn.

Barry Ferguson in his day was a cracking player, he put in some tremendous performances on the big stage but, he was not world class.

Well, I think we all agree Barry was a cracking player -- and even this season has put in some great performances that for a guy, that's past it apparently... well impressive, indeed.

So.. I'll say world class is a bit hard for many to come to grips with -- I'll say he was.. others say he wasn't. That's fine. We can agree to disagree. (tu)

Oh, and Davis is a cracking player as well.. and still is nowhere near the player he can be imho. Consistency has improved.. but still a way to go. (Not slating him... he can just be better ..still).

Nowhere near? doh

No my definition of Worldclass is what it's meant to mean a Worldclass talent, was he in the top 10 Midfielders of his generation?

If you think he was then fine, but they were a long list of midfielders before we would get to Ferguson, and that's not a slur on his ability. It's just the truth, but as you say it ain't a bad thing debating it (tu)

Different positions. Barry was at his best as a holding midfield player. Davis is at his best centre midfield attack box to box. Completely impossible comparison. Compare a striker to a striker or a Centre half to a centre half but not two different players that play different natural positions.

According to Dick Advocaat,Barry was as good as any mid-fielder(of his time) in the world,and I for one,

whole heartedly agree with him.You guy's don't realize what the extraordinary talent Barry really was. :(

According to Dick Advocaat,Barry was as good as any mid-fielder(of his time) in the world,and I for one,

whole heartedly agree with him.You guy's don't realize what the extraordinary talent Barry really was. :(

I want whatever wee Dick was smoking. :craphead:

He wasn't as good as Scholes, Keane, Riquelme, Mendieta, Gerrard, van Bommel, Ballack, Veron, Nedved...

He wasn't as good as Scholes, Keane, Riquelme, Mendieta, Gerrard, van Bommel, Ballack, Veron, Nedved...

Totally disagree Muff,Barry carried some pretty ordinary Ranger teams on his back.I'd say Keane is probably the

only one on your list that could have done the same.

You know Muff,I've sat in lunch rooms,with football fanatical work mates from all over the world,and honestly,Barry Ferguson was more revered than Lampard,Gerrard,Scholes etc.

How the fuck did Ballack ever get on your list? <cr>

Totally disagree Muff,Barry carried some pretty ordinary Ranger teams on his back.I'd say Keane is probably the

only one on your list that could have done the same.

You know Muff,I've sat in lunch rooms,with football fanatical work mates from all over the world,and honestly,Barry Ferguson was more revered than Lampard,Gerrard,Scholes etc.

How the fuck did Ballack ever get on your list? <cr>

:lol:

The Michael Ballack who was excellent, and nominated for European and World POTY on a few occassions. One of the best midfielders from 2000-2005!