Wayne Drummond, 18 Year Old Keeper From Millwall

Stu1993

Alexander is to good to be sitting on a bench IMO. would be a great addition to the arsenal team

Agree mate, he could walk into a good few clubs down in the premier league and get a first team game week in week out.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been a great player for us. hasnt moaned about him being second best to McGregor, always steps in when called upon and is realy realiable. would rather see him play first team football too but, he deserves to be playing football.

Alexander is to good to be sitting on a bench IMO. would be a great addition to the arsenal team

Agree mate, he could walk into a good few clubs down in the premier league and get a first team game week in week out.

Absolute nonsense! He wasn't rated by top teams when he was a regular starter in the championship.Went to Ipswich on a free and we rescued him to come in as a back up keeper a role which he has filled admirably. A decent keeper whose career transfer fees are less than £300k and is ranked below even Marshall and Langfield in the Scottish set up.

• 4 weeks later...

Wayne Drummond has been signed to play for the youth team, where i believe he will compete with Gary Inglis for the keeper's jersey. Both Scott Gallagher and Grant Adam will be back up to the first team, with one of them possibly going out on loan.

Don't know much about him, but if he's signed for us then I hope he really does well, and according to this article he is a Rangers player.

NORTHERN IRELAND UNDER-19 SQUAD: Wayne Drummond (Rangers)

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/yb/145064069

As for talking about other players, we need 3 goalies who could be first team players, say for example McGregor or Alexander got injured or suspended then you would need that third goalie as a back up, and I'm not too sure but I think there is a ruling that you have to register 3 goalies for Europe.

Gallacher or Adam will go out on loan, and if you're looking to the future then by the time Alexander and McGregor retire we could be looking at either Drummon, Gallacher or Adam being the first choice goalie.

As for saying Alexander should leave, that is just stupid for what I've stated above, and Alexander has already mentioned in the past that he would love to sign a contract extension with Rangers and apparently there has been discussions already with Walter regarding this.

I think Tuffey's contract might be expiring this summer. Would be good to snap him up on a free. Correct me if I'm wrong though

You're correct, he is a free agent from the 1 June, Caley Thistle are being linked with him at the moment.

Would like to see him come in as a free, decent back-up

I think Tuffey's contract might be expiring this summer. Would be good to snap him up on a free. Correct me if I'm wrong though

You're correct, he is a free agent from the 1 June, Caley Thistle are being linked with him at the moment.

Would like to see him come in as a free, decent back-up

I don't think we need him, if both McGregor and Alexander stay then even though they haven't had proper first team football I think either Gallacher or Adam are good enough as third choice.

Would only consider Tuffey if either Alexander or McGregor were to leave even though I would prefer the Hamilton keeper over Tuffey.

Wow we may not have enough cover for most positions but at least we have about half a dozen goalies doh Hope we get some "better" signing news soon as this one and also that lad from Man City (Mitchell?) are hardly going to get the pulses racing :lol:

• 2 months later...

Aye it is on VB from a respected poster. No reason to doubt it so all the best to the lad, here's hoping he can be a success at Rangers.

Comes from the Shankhill. (tu)

No He DOESNT !!! Come from the shankill wayne was in my high school class in ashfield boys high school :) and hes actually from Newtownards Road EAST BELFAST ;)

Herd from a friend whos on The VB forum that someone posted on Vangaurd Bears he has signed for us, comes from Northern ireland. anyone else herd this ? im sure Frankie use's that forum too.

shankill road rangers fan along with his whole family and yes he has signed

millwall wanted to keep him but like us they are potless they offerd him the same contract and when rangers matched it he dove at at

Aye it is on VB from a respected poster. No reason to doubt it so all the best to the lad, here's hoping he can be a success at Rangers.

Comes from the Shankhill. (tu)

No He DOESNT !!! Come from the shankill wayne was in my high school class in ashfield boys high school :) and hes actually from Newtownards Road EAST BELFAST ;)

and where is his family from

mate loads of shankill road born kids went to that school also which team did he come from and where