Boyd, Novo and Broadfoot to decide on future this week

I would like Boyd to stay but that is looking increasingly unlikely.

I am not too fussed about Novo and Broadfoot moving on.

I also think that if Walter Smith stays David Weir will stay.

so if all 6 going that leaves

gk shagger, alexander

rb whittaker little

cb bougherra, wilson, webster

lb papac, wylde

rm davis

cm edu mcculloch, thomson

lm naismith, fleck

cf miller, lafferty, velicka

maybe some og the other youngsters like ness, hemmings

personally i don't think we should keep any of them except for boyd. novo is an enigma for me though, scores cracking goals, but i don't know about another contract. On the other hand the squad will be so thin and no guarantee the youngsters can make the step up, can we afford not to sign them up as theres no money for replacements at the moment unless we sell ours stars making the squad even weaker and thinner and even less quailty replacements.

I hope Broadfoot decides that his future lies elsewhere, although he should be flattered that we're even offering him a deal.

Not good enough for our club IMO.

Disagree Papa,Broadfoot can play anywhere along the back,and if you can appreciate the likes of McCulloch(like Walter and I do)

Then you have to make the same case for big Kirk,as a steady versatile SPL player.They are worth their weight in gold,

and with the situation the club are in right now,we should be very happy to have him. (tu)

I hope Broadfoot decides that his future lies elsewhere, although he should be flattered that we're even offering him a deal.

Not good enough for our club IMO.

Disagree Papa,Broadfoot can play anywhere along the back,and if you can appreciate the likes of McCulloch(like Walter and I do)

Then you have to make the same case for big Kirk,as a steady versatile SPL player.They are worth their weight in gold,

and with the situation the club are in right now,we should be very happy to have him. (tu)

As you say, if you rate McCulloch as a footballer, then Broadfoot is a must have player.

dont care if all three go, as long as walter stays.

(tu) I agree Stu.

Although if I had to pick one out of all three of those players to sign with us for another few years it would be Novo.

He may not get anywhere near as many goals as Boyd but he scores some important one's and he loves the club and you can see it when he plays.

Obviously i'd prefer if Boyd didn't leave but he comes with constant speculation on his future, he can be very lazy at times and he moans like a child when he isn't playing every game.

As long as DaMarcus Beasley is not at the club come the start of next season - a complete and utter waste of wages, and a jersey!

As long as DaMarcus Beasley is not at the club come the start of next season - a complete and utter waste of wages, and a jersey!

Amen to that, I can't see any justification in renewing his contract

Amen to that, I can't see any justification in renewing his contract

Spends more time falling over, giving the ball away, or rolling about, than actually doing anything of note.

Good player on his day, oity it doesn't happen all that often, and 4 good games a season doesn't wash with me.

Time he was moved on.

This season has shown Broadfoot would not be missed and that Nacho changes game tempo and results with his effort and important goals.

Nacho is one of the lowest earners and it would be very worthwhile keeping him.

Giving Boyd the £8k a week increase that he wants is still far cheaper than buying the quality of striker who may or may not score half the goals that Boyd does.

Nacho is one of the lowest earners and it would be very worthwhile keeping him.

Nacho has a great work rate -- and pressuring defenders can bring rewards without even touching the ball. But when it comes to 'touches', Nacho is one of the worst professional football players on the planet. Yes, some important goals, but how many misses.. how many crap 1st touches.. how many poor passes.. how many wasted chances.. how many 'clueless' moves does one man have to make?

An enigma to be sure. But I guess it's ok for some since he has 5 stars tattooed on both arse cheeks.

Not good enough for The Rangers. Like his effort.. just not his 'skills'.

Is he still alive???? If he is fit and as good as people think he is, how come I haven't seen hide nor hair of him in god knows how long?

Get shot of him IMO, and I would keep Broadfoot rather than Novo.The wee man has had his time in the Sun and now it's time to leave.

Broadfoot might not be the greatest thing I have ever seen at Ibrox, but if you have a game where you need a DEFENDER, then Broadfoot is a far safer bet than Whittaker, who is a disaster as a full back when it comes to actually defending.

If we have a better young fella already there to step in to R/B then get rid of KB. If not, keep him for SPL games if need be.

Boyd goes....We get another one to replace him,just as we have done down the years and will continue to do so.Does the name of Jim Forrest ring a bell with anyone?

For those younger ones who don't know, he was the guy who replaced the legendary Jimmy Millar and then went on to score 145 goals in 163 games, scored 57 in the 1964-65 season which is still a record to this day, was our top scorer in 1966-67 ( I think ) and we got shot of him because of the Berwick cup tie.

Life will go on without them all if they don't wish to stay.

broadfoot gets a bad press, he is solid at the back and good going forward, has played some brilliant games for rangers and has kept wee gayday quiet on more than one occasion, def good enough for the spl, maybe a bit out his depth at Euro level.

Wee Nach is a good squad player and lifts the atmosphere when hes coming on so keep him if only for a year.

Fear Boydy is already away so Lafferty, Fleck etc need to step up to the plate next@season.

W

Personally would rather Novo stays, Boyd & Smith already planning the next part of their careers, Broadfoot is a good defensive back up. More concerned whether the club are going to re-sign McMillan as he'll be a quality back up for Whittaker in time. Same with Perry & Wylde.

Can sadly see Shagger, Wilson & Boogie being punted on though.