War of Words erupts

Seen this this morning;

OLD Firm bosses Walter Smith and Neil Lennon were last night locked in a bitter war of

words after Smith launched an astonishing verbal attack on Celtic's Andreas Hinkel.

Following his side's stormy 2-1 derby defeat at Parkhead the Ibrox gaffer angrily hit

back at Hinkel's pre-match claim that Celtic are a better side than the Rangers team

who've won two successive titles.

However, Lennon then leapt to the defence of his full-back, launching a stinging

counter attack on Smith and insisting: "It's not Walter's place to criticise my

players."

The bosses' bust-up was an explosive finale to a supposedly meaningless derby that

resulted in a red card for Lee McCulloch, nine yellows and Lennon's seventh straight

SPL victory thanks to goals by Lee Naylor and Marc-Antoine Fortune.

Smith prompted Lennon's fury when he said: "If Hinkel analyses what he's said he has

to ask himself why Rangers have won six domestic trophies and reached a European final

over the last two years.

"Why would that happen if Celtic were the better team? Celtic have only won two

trophies over the same period, so there must be something wrong."

Smith also slated the Hoops' professionalism and said: "If the Celtic team had shown

the same kind of attitude they showed in the first half against us over the course of

the last couple of years they might have been in a better position.

"I have to ask Hinkel if he's been proud of the way his team's played over that period.

"I know I'm proud of my players and how they've done. We've got something tangible to

show for our efforts this season with the championship trophy and the Co-operative

Insurance Cup.

"If Hinkel's going to make comments like that about us then he should have a look at

himself first before he opens his mouth.

"It's patently obvious that Celtic are not a better team than Rangers and that 's

because our approach and attitude have been better than theirs.

"You can see the difference that Neil Lennon's started to make for Celtic where that

aspect is concerned. But where have the players been for Celtic up until now?"

Lennon then responded to the Rangers manager 's after-match volley with a furious

response of his own. Celtic's derby victory enhanced the Northern Irishman's chances

of landing the job on a permanent basis.

And the caretaker boss was quick to turn on Smith as he celebrated the biggest scalp

of his seven-week reign.

After being told of Smith's damning assessment of his players Lennon snapped back:

"That's not Walter's place. He's not the Celtic manager and not affiliated with the

club.

"Those comments would be best left for someone at the club to say.

"Did I not make my views quite clear after Ross County? It was my place and I said it

at the time.

"I asked the boys to prove me wrong and we've set about doing that. But I don't

comment on Rangers and never have.

"Not as a manager anyway - I think I've been quite gracious towards Rangers and the

way they've dealt with things and their mentality this season.

"It's not Walter's place to criticise the Celtic players. He should leave that to

people such as myself."

Lennon is a fucking dobber, it's okay for his players to talk down rangers and slag us off but when smith responds it's not his place? Gtf!

Of course he is going to stand up for his team, not a surprise at all. He hasn't said anything bad about us recently, his players have. Can anyone say Walter was wrong in what he said? Nope.

Marty, I just spaced it out a bit because I was struggling to read it. Nightmare of a hangover today. (tu)

Hinkel has not learned that when you come 2nd and not win ANYTHING then you should just shut yer mouth until you do actually win something before you mouth off.Winning 1 game against your biggest opponents in a season doesn't make you a better team.

Heard walter's comments for for first time on the radio this morning gracious in defeat as always well thought out points he made about the game and as for the attack on hinkel 100% correct without lowering himself to their level the beggers cannot argue against a thing he said it is all spot on and great to see him give his players that level of backing take a bow walter that was a masterclass in statesmanship.

let the little ginger rat say what he wants, his team are shite and even at that the best players in said shitey team are getting to fuck at the end of the season. Sir walter will see him off next season like so many before him when he is exposed as just being a torn faced, tactically inept, bitter wee cunt.no surrender :uk:

That wee tattie picking beggar would argue black is white, he is living on planet janet if he thinks that his comments actually mean anything. What else do you expect from a man who gets battered about about by wee students every other weekend down byres road. I think he should be the full time manager as i will hate celtic even more and as wee all no the more we hate they begging bastards the better it feels when we look in the mirror and a good Rangers fan looks back

He says it isn't Walter's place but he doesn't refute any of the comments the gaffer made. Plain and simple because Walter was absolutely spot-on.

More of the same next season Rangers and we'll bury these bastards once and for all!!

"Not as a manager anyway - I think I've been quite gracious towards Rangers and the

:lol: We all know what this means.

Sir Walter is simply telling the truth , something that lot and their followers should try more often , regarding what Walter said , after telling the german the truth , and simple facts , Walter actually showed some respect to Lemmon , regarding his team ethics, then the ginger one gets fired into Walter , fucking who does this INTERIM manager think he is , I really hope if that rhat gets the job , that Walter and anyone else from our GREAT CLUB does not show any such respect to that lot or anyone from that club , Lemmon is simply appeasing the fans , with his antics , and no doubt his board will shit on him from a great height if they find their new messiah , who no doubt Walter will defeat yet again , i really hope Walter is re -energised by Lemmons rhant , 53 won, , WE WELCOME THE CHASE

Seen this this morning;

OLD Firm bosses Walter Smith and Neil Lennon were last night locked in a bitter war of

words after Smith launched an astonishing verbal attack on Celtic's Andreas Hinkel.

Following his side's stormy 2-1 derby defeat at Parkhead the Ibrox gaffer angrily hit

back at Hinkel's pre-match claim that Celtic are a better side than the Rangers team

who've won two successive titles.

However, Lennon then leapt to the defence of his full-back, launching a stinging

counter attack on Smith and insisting: "It's not Walter's place to criticise my

players."

The bosses' bust-up was an explosive finale to a supposedly meaningless derby that

resulted in a red card for Lee McCulloch, nine yellows and Lennon's seventh straight

SPL victory thanks to goals by Lee Naylor and Marc-Antoine Fortune.

Smith prompted Lennon's fury when he said: "If Hinkel analyses what he's said he has

to ask himself why Rangers have won six domestic trophies and reached a European final

over the last two years.

"Why would that happen if Celtic were the better team? Celtic have only won two

trophies over the same period, so there must be something wrong."

Smith also slated the Hoops' professionalism and said: "If the Celtic team had shown

the same kind of attitude they showed in the first half against us over the course of

the last couple of years they might have been in a better position.

"I have to ask Hinkel if he's been proud of the way his team's played over that period.

"I know I'm proud of my players and how they've done. We've got something tangible to

show for our efforts this season with the championship trophy and the Co-operative

Insurance Cup.

"If Hinkel's going to make comments like that about us then he should have a look at

himself first before he opens his mouth.

"It's patently obvious that Celtic are not a better team than Rangers and that 's

because our approach and attitude have been better than theirs.

"You can see the difference that Neil Lennon's started to make for Celtic where that

aspect is concerned. But where have the players been for Celtic up until now?"

Lennon then responded to the Rangers manager 's after-match volley with a furious

response of his own. Celtic's derby victory enhanced the Northern Irishman's chances

of landing the job on a permanent basis.

And the caretaker boss was quick to turn on Smith as he celebrated the biggest scalp

of his seven-week reign.

After being told of Smith's damning assessment of his players Lennon snapped back:

"That's not Walter's place. He's not the Celtic manager and not affiliated with the

club.

"Those comments would be best left for someone at the club to say.

"Did I not make my views quite clear after Ross County? It was my place and I said it

at the time.

"It's not Walter's place to criticise the Celtic players. He should leave that to

people such as myself."

Lennon is a fucking dobber, it's okay for his players to talk down rangers and slag us off but when smith responds it's not his place? Gtf!

Its hardly a war of words! 2 sets of reasnoble comments each defending thier own - pish article trying to sell papers.

Fuck off lennon get a grip of your own players and get them to shut there traps walter was only defending his team and spoke the truth

exactly. am sick ay hearing their fans and players go on and on about winning fuck all and bein bitter about it.

end of the day, when you play scott brown as captain you aint goin no where!