Madjid Bougherra

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any increase on £10m for an injury-prone, albeit talented, SPL defender?

Exactly mate.

If we can get back double the amount that we paid for him we will have done well.

Anymore than that and we will have done really well, although I expect people will still slate Bain and say we have been "done"

If Barcelona are interested then 7 million would do me nicely.

If they aren't then it's back to 5 million.

I'd probably settle for a swap deal, most of their first team would be acceptable.

with the exception of messi who is the worst player ever

:craphead:

Too lightweight for the SPL. Wouldn't make it. :sherlock:

We got around 8-10 million for Boumsong, Hutton and Cuellar, I think Bougherra should be going for about the same fee or close to it as he is just as good as the three of them.

if the right price comes up 4 him id defo sell him... hes good enough 2 play for all those teams get the cash in for him and buy some players 2 replace ie. boyd, novo,....... as they will probs leave in the summer!!

It's all going to depend on how he, and Algeria, perform at the World Cup. If he has 3 good games and Algeria qualify from the group then i can see him being a target for the top clubs like Barcelona and Sevilla. He'd fit their criteria being a composed, footballing defender.

A bad World Cup though and he will probably end up in France for a reduced price.

He said: “I have two years left on my contract at Rangers and, as I’ve said before, I am happy to stay. If I leave it is because of destiny, not because I am desperate to go.

“If a big team comes in and Rangers accept an offer for me, that is destiny. But I have had a great time here on and off the pitch and I am still enjoying it.”

Bougherra added: “I have played here for two years and won two titles. The last two seasons have brought four trophies to Rangers.

“It has been fantastic for me. I need to give everything for Rangers because Rangers have given me this opportunity.

“I am Madjid Bougherra now because of Rangers. I have done my job now for two years and have always given 100 per cent on the pitch.

“If I need to go one day I will go with my head held high and will never forget my time here.

“I am playing for a big club, I’ve played in the Champions League and I’ve won titles.

“My popularity has gone up in Algeria and Scotland – and everything has come from being at this club.”

Doesn't seem to desperate to leave from reading that.

Cracking player, but I don't like his attitude. He's struggled with injuries this season, and tends to miss the bigger games, which is no use. You need your better players for the bigger games!

French teams won't pay too much for him - their wages will also be lower than what the Spaniards or English can offer.

£10million is spot on. Wouldn't accept anything less, let's hold these clowns to ransom! If they don't want to pay it then tough, he's in contract. Simple as that, he publically said he was happy about a dozen times.

Cracking player,He's struggled with injuries this season,

not really your fault if you get injured is it?i don't think he enjoys it as well,,,,

anyway back to the thread,sorry to disapoint you all(money hunters ;) )but HE HAS DECIDED NOT TO LEAVE RANGERS,UNLESS THEY DON'T WANT HIM THERE.....

this is accordind to a very reliable and trusworthy newspaper(echouroukonline).

it sells up to 2 million copies a day in algeria,so basically speaking,it doesn't tell lies(well not that often anyway)so i think it's good news for the club....or is it? <cr>

Cracking player,He's struggled with injuries this season,

not really your fault if you get injured is it?i don't think he enjoys it as well,,,,

anyway back to the thread,sorry to disapoint you all(money hunters ;) )but HE HAS DECIDED NOT TO LEAVE RANGERS,UNLESS THEY DON'T WANT HIM THERE.....

this is accordind to a very reliable and trusworthy newspaper(echouroukonline).

it sells up to 2 million copies a day in algeria,so basically speaking,it doesn't tell lies(well not that often anyway)so i think it's good news for the club....or is it? <cr>

Cuellar said the exact same thing and then Villa invoked his buy out clause and he left that quickly it even took Walter by surprise!

If a decent bid came in for him from a team like Barca (if rumours are true), then Boogie would say thanks for the memories it's been great playing for Rangers will always love the club and then sign for Barca.

common sense would be that clearly because there is no world cup next year he would be playing more games for the gers,but to let him go for the simple reason that he has been injured would be in a way selfish and stupid.60 games in 2 years is not bad at all considering that the majority of top players play average of 68 games for the same period that's if they dont get injured at all,so clearly it's not that bad

me think :pipe: