Skint Liverpool pull the plug on Wilson move,

pcbear

I hope he leaves now because he does not want to play for Rangers in the long term and we will end up losing him for next to nothing come January.

Sell him now for £3m or lose him for nothing in 6 months time. I know what I would prefer.

The club has gad lots of stick for letting players go on the cheap in the past so good on you Walter. Liverpool can get to fuck. They're pish anyways.

Spot on Gid.

Yeah they are that pish they have won the European cup 5 times doh They are going through a tough time at the moment but to be fair so are we. People in glass houses..and all that ;)

The club has gad lots of stick for letting players go on the cheap in the past so good on you Walter. Liverpool can get to fuck. They're pish anyways.

Spot on Gid.

Yeah they are that pish they have won the European cup 5 times dohThey are going through a tough time at the moment but to be fair so are we. People in glass houses..and all that ;)

Exactly they are as skint as us, however we have a realistic chance of winning leagues and cups with 6 teams better or equal to them at present it is worrying times being a Liverpool fan I know I'd rather be here than shitty anfield

Hope the boys head isn't in the bin after this ... he will be disappointed at missing out on the EPL.

Did I read that correctly that Liverpool are supposed to move back into the top 4 with only a 5 million quid transfer budget? <cr>

Spot on Gid.

Yeah they are that pish they have won the European cup 5 times doh They are going through a tough time at the moment but to be fair so are we. People in glass houses..and all that ;)

Do you think Celtic are still a European superpower as well then?

I don't care what Liverpool were, they are an average team with two world class players now. Without Torres and Gerrard, they are no better than 9th place.

Spot on Gid.

Living in the past much ? he didny say Liverpool were a club with little history, he said they were a club which with their current crop of players are awful, and if it wasnt for gerrard and his loyalty they wouldnt have had their 5th CL.

It is public knowledge that the player will not be signing an extension and teams can wait for a year and get him for peanuts in comparison. The fact that he plays in the SPL doesn't have a positive effect on his value.

Correct - and if nobody comes up with the 5 million for him, he shouldn't even be playing in the SPL.

If it was me, I'd stick him back with the young lads at Murray Park until he realises just how fuckin lucky he is tae be playing for the Rangers.

If he wont sign a new deal he should be sold with only a year on his contract. For me that should be the rule for any player in that situation. I dont think we're in a position to threaten a year in the reserves unless a new deal is signed as somebody has suggested - our squad is just too small at the moment and we will probably need him, especially considering Weir's age and Webster's injury record. If he had 3 years on his deal we'd be in a position to be demanding silly money for a promising but unproven youngster. Despite the good performances last season that is what Wilson is at the moment.

There are loads of examples of players who have failed to live up to early expectations, and im not overly concerned about him leaving. Right now it's a balancing act where we need to get as much money as possible for him while also bearing in mind that if we are too intransigent he can sign a pre-contract in 6 months and we'll get a pittance for him. If he is determined to go, the best solution for me would be to get a decent price and also include some loan deals from the buying side. Clubs like Spurs and Liverpool have loads of talented young/fringe players who could be very useful for us this season.

There are loads of examples of players who have failed to live up to early expectations, and im not overly concerned about him leaving. Right now it's a balancing act where we need to get as much money as possible for him while also bearing in mind that if we are too intransigent he can sign a pre-contract in 6 months and we'll get a pittance for him. If he is determined to go, the best solution for me would be to get a decent price and also include some loan deals from the buying side. Clubs like Spurs and Liverpool have loads of talented young players who could be very useful for us this season.

fuck that, we have our own players we should be giving chances to, not helping other teams young players

fuck that, we have our own players we should be giving chances to, not helping other teams young players

If they are good enough then our young players will get that chance. But most of them won't be. The overwhelming majority get released without ever making any kind of impact. I dont see what the problem is in taking guys who are good enough on loan from other teams if possible.

If he doesn't want to sign a deal then he should be sold - I'd rather lose him for £2m than for nothing!

If he doesn't sign a contract then he doesn't want to play and be at Rangers, and he shouldn't get a game. At this moment in time I'd imagine Weir, Webster and Bougherra are all ahead of him.

At this moment in time I'd imagine Weir, Webster and Bougherra are all ahead of him.

The only problem putting him in the reserves is that out of the three defenders 'ahead' of him, one is 41 and the other two are amongst the most injury prone players in the league.

Liverpool obviously fancy the player and know whatever they pay, they are getting him on the cheap.

If they wait til he's available on a free, they might lose out to another club.

They are bound to know it won't take much more to get him, so I reckon they will up their offer a wee bit. Honour will be satisfied and Walter will let him go.

No point keeping somebody who doesn't want to be there, and it means he doesn't go for nothing later. I just hope they remember to include a "sell-on" clause this time as we never seem to get money from them.

We are paying the price now for not being able to get these players signed up earlier. They'd be worth a lot more now as clubs know their contracts are almost up. Incredible shortsightedness by the banks in not allowing that to happen. We keep hearing how they want their money, but they don't half go about it strangely.

Smith, Bain and whomever should sit down with Wilson and his agent today and put both of them straight.

Sign an extension now - if not we accept the first decent offer we get for him and continue to do so (Liverpool excluded) with every offer, meanwhile he'll play in the reserves until, A: He's sold or B: His contract runs out.

Fuck him.

Exactly mate. (tu)

They've offered £2M and we want around £5M.

Unfortunately we are not in a position to play hard ball.

All we can do is reach an agreement (probably around £3.5M with a sell on clause or extras dependant on appearances) and let him go sooner rather than later.

He doesn't want to stay and i don't want him to stay.

He is a Celtic fan, said ages ago he wants to play for them one day?

Where did you read/hear this? Any interview I have read in the RN he has said what an honour it is to play for his and he certainly looked pleased when he scored against Hearts <cr>

Who give a fluck who he supports, if he is wearing the shirt ... he gets my support until he isn't, after that ... i could care less where or who he plays for.

I would be overjoyed if Wilson stayed with us for another 4yrs, then we moved him on but as he is entering the last year of his deal, it is likely he will be sold for £2-3m or we risk losing him for nothing in January when he cans ign a pre-contract agreement with another club (which isn't legally binding btw !!)