So we have 5 million to spend

MisterC

According to the press in the past week we have 5 Million to spend, I know its not a lot but its better than last year and if we sell players Walter gets the money too. If we were to say, sell Boogie and shagger and got 10 mil or so for the pair of them would that be enough to replace those players and bring in others of similar quality? If thats the case, I'd like us to maybe get a bosman or 2 and get in one or two players who will cost a few mil. Either way we need more quality and not players who are going to warm the bench, we have enough in the squad I would class as good squad players and that is not what we need.

I know quality costs money but I hope to goodness we can uncover a gem from somewhere. I just hope the money doesnt get wasted and we end up buying players 'for the future', buying players with potential is all well and good if you have a lot of money and we dont. Its vital the signings that are made will improve the team, no point in signing 'cover' players.

We need at least one pacy wide player, a decent centre back and a striker who can get goals. We are only 3 or 4 players away from having a very good team that may do something in the CL next season, its vital we get it right this time and not sign luxury players or those who may just warm the bench.

We should try to sign players like :-

McArthur from Accies for £750k

Goodwillie from Dundee Utd £1.25 M

Joe Ledley on a free transfer

We need to bolster the squad with young players with potential, who will develop over the next few seasons. Minimum risk, maximum gain.

We need to start planning for the future. Players like Petrov etc are good short term, but ultimately will be the downfall of our team.

I agree we need a striker who can not only score goals in the SPL, but also in Europe - not wasting it on the likes of Lee Miller. We also need someone pacy on the left, preferably someone like Joe Ledley rather than Conway. We should also be looking to take advantage of bosmans and frees - some great players out there (Koren, Ledley etc)

I agree about not signing the likes of Petrov. Where will his motivation be, he's in the twilight of his career has been around big leagues in Europe and would cost a lot in wages. I want us to sign players approaching their prime and are hungry for success not players just wanting one last decent pay day.

Our budget dictates that we cannot purchase top quality finished article players so therefore we must look to acquire potential. Walter and his coaching team are expert at getting the best out of limited ability and resources and that is something that stands us in good stead.

Pace is something we lack and that cannot be taught so that should be the biggest asset of the players we bring in. I think we all expect that we will sell another player or two yet so that income along with any monies we may or may not get from selling the likes of Wilson will inflate the budget to around 10 million or so.

Departures from Ibrox will dictate exactly what we need to bring in but IMO we need 1 maybe 2 Centre halves, 2 creative/winger type players and a striker or 2. I'm confident that Walter will use his funds wisely and we'll be well prepared for the defence of our title.

Just hope as I mentioned he shares the view on the need for pace?

Bring in players with a sell on value.

Play them in their right positions.

Give them a chance to flourish.

It sounds pretty easy, but it's not something we've done well in recent times.

would like to see us sign lovenkrands and use him as a striker this time,goodwillie would also be a good buy,gary kenneth from utd and a wee cheeky bif for scott mcdonald would get it right up the micks and if we got him would score hunners, am pretty steaming so might b talking pish,watp!

We shouldn't be buying in young players, thought that was what murray park was for. We should have never let novo go, bags of energy wether he be on for 20 mins or the full 90. As for buying players i'd be happy with someone who doesn't get injured so easily.

Guest therabbitt

£5m according to the press... :rolleyes:

The only people who know how much money we have to spend are the ones at Rangers!

I've heard it on pretty good authority :)

would like to see us sign lovenkrands and use him as a striker this time,goodwillie would also be a good buy,gary kenneth from utd and a wee cheeky bif for scott mcdonald would get it right up the micks and if we got him would score hunners, am pretty steaming so might b talking pish,watp!

Steaming at 10.20am. Either it was a good Sunday night out or your one of them ;) ;)

Bring in players with a sell on value.

Play them in their right positions.

Give them a chance to flourish.

It sounds pretty easy, but it's not something we've done well in recent times.

This is the sensible way to do business.We far too often pay big money on guys who are nearing the end of their career and it is dead money when their contracts finish.

Playing guys in their proper positions would save us a fortune, as we have got Central defenders playing as full backs, ( Papac & Broadfoot ) We have Whittaker as a R/B who should be playing R/Mid because he couldn't defend properly to save his fucking life...We have had front men who are playing L/Mid, Fleck, Lafferty, Naismith,Novo etc! and we have more midfield men than you can poke a fucking stick at sitting in the stands or on the bench. Lunacy.

No matter if we have 5 million or 15 million to spend in the coming season, we can't afford to waste this money on squad players who get put here there and everywhere, so we better make it count with what we REALLY need....More quality, less quantity is the way forward.IMO.