Marco Negri or Michael Mols

166 members have voted

1. 1. At their peak, who would you rather have?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah the Smiling Assassin or the Deadly Sulker!

Both were absolutely fantastic players, and both had off the ball movement like few others - Mols never stood still and was always making runs or coming short looking for the ball, and Negri constantly shaking off markers and getting himself into space.

Negri was a real finisher, like Boyd that was the main part of his game and everything he did was geared towards scoring, but having come from the Serie A you could see he had a bit of class about him - he was intelligent, very quick over short distances and had an excellent touch.

Mols however had that turn! He was the more complete striker as folk have said, very skillful, quick, strong, equally good holding the ball up or running at defenders, a brilliant shot on him and he could turn any defender better than any player i have ever seen in the world.

For me it's Mols hands down, but god how i would love to see someone of either one of their class back at Rangers again drool.gif

Mols.

In fact, can anyone tell me what actually happened to Negri? I was only what, 8 or 9 years old when he was there so I don't remember much apart from him being amazing then suddenly disappearing for no good reason.

He was shagging Porrini's missus.

Mols.

In fact, can anyone tell me what actually happened to Negri? I was only what, 8 or 9 years old when he was there so I don't remember much apart from him being amazing then suddenly disappearing for no good reason.

I remember a Celtic fan told me he hated our fans cause of our attitude towards catholics and that's why he left. But I thought that sounded like a load of shite.

Mols.

Never seen another player with his style of play. Anywhere.

Sad how he couldnt regain his prior form after the injury, but was still good to see him make a contribution before he left. A guy who really enjoyed playing for us and who has great memories.

Negri was good, but didnt do anything after his fall from grace except pick up his wages. Seemed to be similar in style to McCoist without the consistency or longevity.

If you had to choose between these two guys at their peak who would you rather have in your team?

I'd go for Negri. 23 goals in 10 games. That should be illegal.

if negri hadnt of taken the huff then it would of been 10 in a row .eye injury my ass .

Mols, without question. To play for Rangers you have to have the heart to play for Rangers and many players have come with all the talent and failed and many of moderate ability have come in and been a success. Negri did not have the heart to play for Rangers, three months isn't even nearly enough to show those credentials, and so he was in no way a great Rangers player-he was nowhere to be found in hard times etc. Mols is different. He played himself back from a very serious injury, and though he was not the same player, won a championship and was all heart. Mols every time.

Mols.

How do you know this ?.

both together

:)

gazza, laudrup, albertz, gio and gattuso in behind them

gough, bougherra and cuellar in a back 3

and goram in goal

:lol:

(tu)

mols and negri - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I'd happily have paid any amount to see that team take to the park. (tu)

I said negri, the goals he produced were phenomenal, he could not stop scoring and what a 6 months!!

Mols showed great quality and the sad thing is I don't think he had reached his peak and his career was ruined.

The key to te question is 'at their best' if Negri stayed at that level we would have walked the league every year he played. It may not have lasted we'll never know.

Mols had the world at his feet and khan took it away from him, he could have gone on to be our greatest ever player, and I don't say that lightly.

Mols for me.

He'd be remembered in the same way as Laudrup, Gascoigne, Larsson etc if it wasnt for that injury. I've never ever seen a striker that could turn like that in my life :drool:

Sad what happened to Negri as well tho, the 2 biggest blows to us in the 10IAR season were his injury and selling Gascoigne. :(