Marco Negri or Michael Mols

166 members have voted

1. 1. At their peak, who would you rather have?

Mols to me was the complete striker. Put a shift in, scored goals and had that extra spark to make something out of nothing. Negri was fantastic at what he did, but much like Boyd, it really wasnt enough.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two very different type of players.

Negri was the most clinical finisher i,ve seen in nearly 40 years watching us who did all his work in and around the eighteen yard box.

Mols IMO could ,if not for his tragic injury have equaled or come close to Negris total but offered more in other areas of the park.

Mols for me although what would we give to see players of this calibre at present.

Negri was a ridiculously prolific goalscorer and not much else. Mols was a joy to watch, a real footballer, who seemed like he was going to be pretty prolific too. In short, I'd have them both up front together.

Mols, if he never had that injury he'd have put Larsson in the shade every year he played. I'll always remember his goals and demolition of Motherwell. I'd liked to have seen Negri in his second season.

I remember watching negri train with the kids and i mean kids at great western road training ground a couple of years after his scoring spree and and they were doing this training exercise were bomber brown would kick the ball from the wing and the lads would have to meet it on the volley at the edge of the 18 yard box the kids were trying it first and they were missing it shining it skying it the lot then negri comes up ist time hits the ball sweet as into the top corner of the net it was something else seeing that type of quality strike in a park situation and not in a stadium environment.

...aaaaaaand breathe

Mols for me - such a waste of a career though with that horrible injury. Was such a coup when we signed him.

Could you imagine the both of them, in their top form that they showed, playing together up front? A partnership that dreams are made of.

Mols.

In fact, can anyone tell me what actually happened to Negri? I was only what, 8 or 9 years old when he was there so I don't remember much apart from him being amazing then suddenly disappearing for no good reason.