Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

This is starting to do my head in, I'd give it til tomorrow if he agrees personal terms with us but us fighting Rapid for money then he should do what Stefan Klos did and take his club to court

Rapid Vienna striker Nikica Jelavic remains hopeful of joining Rangers after revealing he wants to eventually play in the English Premier League.

Rangersspacer.gif have seen a £3.5million offer for Jelavic rejected and Rapid are currently reluctant to sell the Croatiaspacer.gif international.

Talks are reportedly ongoing regarding a potential deal and Jelavic is keen to step up a level by leaving Rapid to move to Ibrox.

"The Scottish league is stronger than the Austrian league and Rangers are a great club," said Jelavic in the Daily Record.

"But I've always been honest and I've never hidden my desire to one day play in the English Premier Leaguespacer.gif because it is the best in the world.

"At this moment I remain a Rapid Vienna player and a professional.

"I want to do the very best I can for this club until someone tells me otherwise. That's all I can say at this time."

Unsure

However, the Austrian club's sporting director Alfred Hoertnagl remains uncertain about whether Rapid will agree a deal to sell Jelavic to Rangers.

Hoertnagl said: "There are still too many points that are open, even from the player's side.

"I don't want to make any comment about sums or fees.

"I'm not sure if a deal can go through at all. As long as the transfer window is open these issues and themes will always be on the table

Thats the sky report whats up with that?

Check sky sports text/website. I'm on my phone and can't post the link, its not lookni good.

It's not really saying anything new:

Rapid Vienna striker Nikica Jelavic remains hopeful of joining Rangers after revealing he wants to eventually play in the English Premier League.

Rangers have seen a £3.5million offer for Jelavic rejected and Rapid are currently reluctant to sell the Croatia international.

Talks are reportedly ongoing regarding a potential deal and Jelavic is keen to step up a level by leaving Rapid to move to Ibrox.

"The Scottish league is stronger than the Austrian league and Rangers are a great club," said Jelavic in the Daily Record.

"But I've always been honest and I've never hidden my desire to one day play in the English Premier League because it is the best in the world.

"I want to do the very best I can for this club until someone tells me otherwise. That's all I can say at this time."

Unsure

However, the Austrian club's sporting director Alfred Hoertnagl remains uncertain about whether Rapid will agree a deal to sell Jelavic to Rangers.

Hoertnagl said: "There are still too many points that are open, even from the player's side.

"I'm not sure if a deal can go through at all. As long as the transfer window is open these issues and themes will always be on the table."

My link

Rangersspacer.gif have seen a £3.5million offer for Jelavic rejected and Rapid are currently reluctant to sell the Croatiaspacer.gif international.

"But I've always been honest and I've never hidden my desire to one day play in the English Premier Leaguespacer.gif because it is the best in the world.

Unsure

"I'm not sure if a deal can go through at all. As long as the transfer window is open these issues and themes will always be on the table

Thats the sky report whats up with that?

Thats dosent fill me with confidence TBH

Walter said he wanted this deal stitched up by Monday or early Tuesday at the latest...and it's now midday in Austria and nothing has happened.

I'm always the born optimist but I'm starting to think this proposed Jelavic deal will end as a case of Goodnight Vienna :anguish:

Walter said he wanted this deal stitched up by Monday or early Tuesday at the latest...and it's now midday in Austria and nothing has happened.

I'm always the born optimist but I'm starting to think this proposed Jelavic deal will end as a case of Goodnight Vienna :anguish:

I wish i could speak Austrian :P

The Rapid director is a dick and talks pish (tu)

Even the Rapid fans have been saying so. He lies to them about every deal saying they wont sell the player etc then out of the water hes gone.

I wish i could speak Austrian :P

It's easy mate! it's a piece of apple strudel tbh (tu)

According to the Austrian sports magzine "Sportzeitung", which can be regarded as one of the most reliable ones in our country, Nikica Jelavic's move from Rapid to Rangers is fixed and concluded.

This can already be found in the title page and in a shorter as well as a longer article in the magazine, which always comes out on Tuesday.

However, there is still one question, which might be the reason why the clubs have announced nothing yet: Will Jelaviv move before or after Rapid's games against Aston Villa? - "Sportzeitung" also have the UEFA rules in their main article about Jelavic which are about a player's availability for two teams in one season in European competitions. As these rules are far more complicated than it has been assumed on this messageboard so far, the clubs have been trying to figure out wheter Jelavic could play for Rangers in the CL after he had played for Rapid against Aston Villa.

This is not possible, and therefore the "Sportzeitung" claims that it is far more likely that Jelavic will not play for Rapid again.

http://www.sportzeitung.at/default.asp?id=53048&tt=SPORTZEITUNG_PORTAL

Good first post, thanks for the update (tu)

According to the Austrian sports magzine "Sportzeitung", which can be regarded as one of the most reliable ones in our country, Nikica Jelavic's move from Rapid to Rangers is fixed and concluded.

This can already be found in the title page and in a shorter as well as a longer article in the magazine, which always comes out on Tuesday.

However, there is still one question, which might be the reason why the clubs have announced nothing yet: Will Jelaviv move before or after Rapid's games against Aston Villa? - "Sportzeitung" also have the UEFA rules in their main article about Jelavic which are about a player's availability for two teams in one season in European competitions. As these rules are far more complicated than it has been assumed on this messageboard so far, the clubs have been trying to figure out wheter Jelavic could play for Rangers in the CL after he had played for Rapid against Aston Villa.

This is not possible, and therefore the "Sportzeitung" claims that it is far more likely that Jelavic will not play for Rapid again.

http://www.sportzeit...TZEITUNG_PORTAL

Good first post, thanks for the update 00000042.gif

Just checked out a few austrian sites and they say it will go through. Fuck knows tho