Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

And from where I'm standing, a fee has been agreed between the two clubs and it's up to Jelavic.

As far as I can see, he's the one stalling. Was it not reported that a fee of around £4.2m had been agreed some time last week?

Fair enough if Jelavic is trying to get as much out of Rangers/Rapid as we can, but I would not like our club to be held to ransom by anyone.

You are speculating that Jelavic is stalling over more money from either us or Rapid. If he is genuinelly owed money from Rapid then he is more than entitled to ask for it. I doubt we have even got round to discussing personal terms with him but given that he is on a small wage at the moment, I do not see that being a problem. You cannot accuse this guy of messing us around as no one knows what is going on. It could be the agent, it could be Rapid, it could be us, no one knows. The sooner this gets resolved the better, and hopefully it ends with Jelavic as a Rangers player.

You are speculating that Jelavic is stalling over more money from either us or Rapid. If he is genuinelly owed money from Rapid then he is more than entitled to ask for it. I doubt we have even got round to discussing personal terms with him but given that he is on a small wage at the moment, I do not see that being a problem. You cannot accuse this guy of messing us around as no one knows what is going on. It could be the agent, it could be Rapid, it could be us, no one knows. The sooner this gets resolved the better, and hopefully it ends with Jelavic as a Rangers player.

The reports coming from the Austrian press (who I think I'll believe on this one) suggest that the stalling has come from Jelavic claiming that he's owed a six figure sum from Rapid before he leaves.

I didn't say he was messing us around. All I've seen is quotes from him saying how much he wants to play for us - what I'm suggesting is that if he really DOES want to play for us, surely he could forego that fee and be happy with the £2000 a day he'd make at Ibrox.

Some of the papers have said for over a week now that a fee has been agreed and Jelavic has agreed on £15,000 a week wages. The only thing holding the deal up was the pay off from Rapid which they were refusing to pay.

Now IF that is true then surely it is just a matter of Jelavic getting on a plane to Glasgow to undergo a medical, have a look at Ibrox and Murray Park and then sign a deal.

The reports coming from the Austrian press (who I think I'll believe on this one) suggest that the stalling has come from Jelavic claiming that he's owed a six figure sum from Rapid before he leaves.

I didn't say he was messing us around. All I've seen is quotes from him saying how much he wants to play for us - what I'm suggesting is that if he really DOES want to play for us, surely he could forego that fee and be happy with the £2000 a day he'd make at Ibrox.

If you are owed money from previous employment, would you not demand it? Even if this story were true (which, like i say, no one knows), then this does not mean for one second he is messing us around. He has said himself he wants to join us, and from what i gather he certainly hasn't changed his mind. If he is owed money, Rapid should pay him, and i don't blame him for keeping on at them. No, it's not ideal for us as we basically just want the player, but at the end of the day there is nothing we can do about it, and IF it's true and he actually decides to let it go to join us then that basically proves even more so his determination to join us.

My point is, don't speculate over stories in newspapers with no substance or quotes at all. Austrian press, Croatian press or Scottish press.

The most recent quotes we have had on this situation is both Ally and Walter saying this deal is "on the back burner". As the window is closing soon i'd imagine Jelavic will want to join us, or knock us back, sooner rather than later.

If you are owed money from previous employment, would you not demand it? Even if this story were true (which, like i say, no one knows), then this does not mean for one second he is messing us around. He has said himself he wants to join us, and from what i gather he certainly hasn't changed his mind. If he is owed money, Rapid should pay him, and i don't blame him for keeping on at them. No, it's not ideal for us as we basically just want the player, but at the end of the day there is nothing we can do about it, and IF it's true and he actually decides to let it go to join us then that basically proves even more so his determination to join us.

My point is, don't speculate over stories in newspapers with no substance or quotes at all. Austrian press, Croatian press or Scottish press.

The most recent quotes we have had on this situation is both Ally and Walter saying this deal is "on the back burner". As the window is closing soon i'd imagine Jelavic will want to join us, or knock us back, sooner rather than later.

Personally mate, I'd give up any money I was owed to sign for Rangers for £15,000 a week, £60,000 a month or £2000 a day, depending on how you look at it.

Jelavic isn't a fan, we can't expect him to think like one either. I can understand why he's doing it if that's what you mean.

Personally mate, I'd give up any money I was owed to sign for Rangers for £15,000 a week, £60,000 a month or £2000 a day, depending on how you look at it.

Jelavic isn't a fan, we can't expect him to think like one either. I can understand why he's doing it if that's what you mean.

You answered your own question there mate. Yes, you or I would chop off our left bollock to play for Rangers. Jelavic does want to sign for us and appreciates how big a club we are, but that isn't going to blinker him if he is actually owed money from his current club. If, for example, the roles were reversed and Kenny Miller was owed money from us but wanted to sign for another club, do you think he would just leave it be to sign for them? This is the professional footballer 2010. Not saying Jelavic just wants money, but in this (if true) situation then I feel he is more than entitled to ask for this money.

Like i say though, it could be Rapid ripping the hole here and trying to keep hold of him for their Europa game to mess everything up, which could also be a good sign for us IF these reports are true that Jelavic wants to wave the money owed to him as he knows he could end up playing during the week which i can't imagine he would want, knowing he could possibly have CL football soon.

Someone who has a good source on FF says hes on his way :) same guy who told everyone a day before the papers reported mendes was leaving, great news if true also the timmy board reporting its done there saying it came from someone who works near the physio (tu)

If he was going to sign, it would be after the matches against Villa. Rapid would want the added income that qualification would bring.

I can imagine that happening as that would cup tie him for the Champions League!

Someone who has a good source on FF says hes on his way :) same guy who told everyone a day before the papers reported mendes was leaving, great news if true also the timmy board reporting its done there saying it came from someone who works near the physio (tu)

Mmm any of these sources a Portugese taxi driver ? :sherlock: