Nacer Barazite

Rangers will tonight give a trial to Arsenal reserve Nacer Barazite in Belfast when they take on Glentoran in a glamour friendly at the Oval.

And Light Blues coach Ian Durrant, who will bring the squad this side of the Irish Sea says the club have been tipped off as to the talents of the Dutch winger from an unlikely source.

One-time boss of Old Firm rivals Celtic, Liam Brady who is now head of the Gunners’ academy has given a glowing recommendation to Gers and they will run their eye over the 21-year-old, who spent last season on loan at Derby County, at the home of the Glens.

The Rangers team will ultimately have an unfamiliar look to it, with many of the star turns on international duty, but as Durrant explains, it will be full of players who will be involved in first XI action at some stage this season, as the cash-stricken Glaswegians are forced to put more of an emphasis on youth than they have had to for some time.

“The squad will be mostly made up of reserve players but it is still very strong and there are players here who have already, or will this season, play in the first team,” Durrant told the Belfast Telegraph.

“We will have a young lad on trial for us called Nacer Barazite who comes to us from Arsenal and was highly recommended by Liam Brady and that will be a good opportunity for us and the Rangers fans in Belfast to have a look at him.

“Another boy to look out for is a Polish lad, Kamil Wiktorski who is only 17 but he has a great future.

“There are other lads who have been in and around the squad like Jordan McMillan and Kyle Hutton who will be there and it’s great for

us to get a tough test against Glentoran.

“These boys are the future of Rangers. It used to be that we would throw the cheque book about and buy players when we felt like it, but that’s not the case anymore, and that means that these young lads will have a great chance of breaking into the first team.”

And Durrant isn’t taking the game lightly, with Glentoran’s new 4-3-3 formation seemingly even making waves over in Scotland.

“We had them watched by our scout at the weekend against Distillery and had a look at their formation, so we’ve done our homework,” he added.

“It’ll be a great night for us and for Glentoran hopefully and I personally always love going to Belfast.

“We know we have a massive support in Northern Ireland and it’s important that we come over because so many people make the trip over to watch us so often.”

Tickets for the game are still available priced at £20 for grandstand, £10 terracing and can be purchased at SS Moore, Chichester St Belfast; Glentoran Superstore, Connsbrook Shopping Centre; The Lane, Orangefield Lane; Spar Ravenhill Rd, Belfast; Westbourne GSC, Newtownards Rd, Belfast; Dawson's Newsagents, Belmont Rd Belfast; Maxol Frances Street Newtownards.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/local/glentoran-get-a-glimpse-of-future-rangers-stars-14902904.html

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally, as soon as i see the word "winger" i think "sign him please!", even if it's some unknown signing for scunthorpe on sky sports news.

how desperate i am to see us play a match with 1/2 natural wide players is quite sad.

Barazite is an outstanding player, a player I've seen on a couple of occasions in person.

His touch and ability to go past a player is superb and he's an excellent finisher. He won't be bullied in possession either.

I'd like to see this happen.

Barazite is an outstanding player, a player I've seen on a couple of occasions in person.

His touch and ability to go past a player is superb and he's an excellent finisher. He won't be bullied in possession either.

What would the fee be on him? I'd imagine a bit pricey

I think it would be more than reasonable.

I don't think his deal has that long to do, and he probably won't break into the Arsenal team this season.

I don't think his deal has that long to do, and he probably won't break into the Arsenal team this season.

He's a good talent so I'm hoping he impresses tonight, is he on trial for one game though <cr> I'd have liked him to spend at least a week here and get to see what a great club we are.

He's a good talent so I'm hoping he impresses tonight, is he on trial for one game though <cr> I'd have liked him to spend at least a week here and get to see what a great club we are.

Agree tommy