Lee McCulloch

GOAT

The midfield was poor today. Too slow and created little. Good pass to Miller, but that apart?!

You really surprise me NV, This guy didn't put a foot wrong all day(he rarely does)maybe he should change his name to Boyd :lol: :lol:

To get some unwarranted respect eh? :rolleyes:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

You really surprise me NV, This guy didn't put a foot wrong all day(he rarely does)maybe he should change his name to Boyd :lol: :lol:

To get some unwarranted respect eh? :rolleyes:

Lee McCulloch rarely puts a foot wrong?

Lolz

I'd say you are incredibly unfit (you usually are though),to make such a judgment call. doh

PB, I'm all for debate and and differing opinions, but the disrespectful and patronising way you enter to into a debate and make your point is incredibly annoying. It's as if a differing opinion from yours isn't even worth considering, when the point of a healthy debate is too give some thought what the other person is saying and then say why you feel differently.

Little bit of respect is due to fellow fans.

I'd also need to ask PB when was the last time that he actually saw McCulloch play in person, given the issues with his location?

I sometimes go to a game and think that he's been shite or excellent, only to watch it on the telly and have a totally different opinion.

Not a fan of LMC and thought he was no more than decent today.

Gives away far too many cheap free kicks.

To progress we have to have players in the midfield who are both comfortable in possession and also mobile enough to cover the distance between our defence (which due to DWs selection sits too deep) and the forward/forwards who can be isolated at times.

Agreed. Naismith ran him close. Weiss got the predictable new guy MOTM award. No really great performances today but Mcculloch was rock solid today, far better in that role than Edu IMO.

At last a couple of guys who actually watch what is happening on the park.I can't believe the negative shit against McCulloch.

It's unbelievable,I honestly think big Lee is the best at his position in the SPL (ask Steven Davis)He will probably end up player

of the year in the SPL this season.You can laugh at my prediction right now,I'll laugh at the end of the season when I'm

proved right,once again.Go for it big Lee,there is quite a few of us who truly cherish your worth to our club. (tu)

The problem with McCulloch is that he doesn't have the brains to play defensive midfield. He doesn't know how to close space down or cut out a players options, he's first thought is too charge into the player and give away stupid free kicks which put us under pressure.

He chases the ball too much instead of cutting out attacking players options. A player who did this well was Hemdani. Now I wasn't his biggest fan but he knew how to play this position really well. He would never dive in or chase the ball like a bulldog but what he did do was cut off all options for the attacking player then judge his the timing of his interception really well.

Unlike Hemdani, Lee charges towards the player, then when he gets beaten it leaves the attacking player a free run at our defence.

Terrific assessment! McCulloch runs around in circles, points a lot without making any sense and dives in when he does manage to get close to an opponent.He can,however, make a simple pass but for me the time and space he gives away to the opposition makes life so difficult for his fellow players.

I'd also need to ask PB when was the last time that he actually saw McCulloch play in person, given the issues with his location?

I sometimes go to a game and think that he's been shite or excellent, only to watch it on the telly and have a totally different opinion.

WTF is going "live" to a game got to do with anything <cr> I can't go live, cos I'm 7,000 fucken Miles away ffs.

I watch every(and I mean every)game Rangers play.I watch them live,I watch them a couple of hours later,I watch the main hi-lights

over,and over(on Rangers TV)throughout the week.there is nothing I miss,believe me.Yet I have people who on game day are jumping

about on RM asking for a link to the game,telling me they know better than I do? Get a life. <cr>

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

WTF is going "live" to a game got to do with anything <cr> I can't go live, cos I'm 7,000 fucken Miles away ffs.

I watch every(and I mean every)game Rangers play.I watch them live,I watch them a couple of hours later,I watch the main hi-lights

over,and over(on Rangers TV)throughout the week.there is nothing I miss,believe me.Yet I have people who on game day are jumping

about on RM asking for a link to the game,telling me they know better than I do? Get a life. <cr>

Wow, calm the fuck down :lol:

All he is saying is players look different on Tv, from when you see them live.

I'm simply making the point that a game live can look different to how it looks on television.

You seem to be under the impression that you're an absolute know-it-all on all things Rangers, you're totally and utterly disrespectful to people who form their opinions on seeing players live week in, week out.

I think you're completely out of order, totally condescending most of the time. Why can't you debate normally?

There is nothing you miss from a game on an internet stream? Really, I beg to differ.

I distinctly remember last season or the season before in one of the many Boyd threads, Muff was being very negative towards Kris Boyd and PB was praising him to high heavens for being a brilliant and intelligent poster.

A while later Muff said something about a different player in a thread, can't remember who, which PB disagreed with and then developed into an arguement which consisted of Muff now being called an idiot and PB being 'surprised' at him, simply for having the audacity to disagree with him.

Spot on mate. I would go as far as only smith would consider him a player.

Funny, he comes back inti th eam and we play shit and struggle in midfield.

Eh? we played worse against Newcastle and Kilmarnock with Edu in the same position.

Terrific assessment! McCulloch runs around in circles, points a lot without making any sense and dives in when he does manage to get close to an opponent.He can,however, make a simple pass but for me the time and space he gives away to the opposition makes life so difficult for his fellow players.

Yep, that's my opinion of him as well. There is so much more to playing defensive midfielder than running around like a headless chicken and giving away free kicks.

Now he did have a fairly good game today but that was all. It was St Jonhstone we were playing against, if that was Man Utd Scholes and Co would be playing one two's round him all game making him look like the piggy in the middle.

If people think charging players and diving into tackles is all that is required from a defensive mid then McCulloch is the best in the world at it.

I thought he played okay, he wasn't the best but he wasn't the worst. Certainly better than Davis although that wouldn't have been hard.

I do think a lot of people on here overrate him big time though. He's been average at best his whole Rangers career.

Yep, that's my opinion of him as well. There is so much more to playing defensive midfielder than running around like a headless chicken and giving away free kicks.

Now he did have a fairly good game today but that was all. It was St Jonhstone we were playing against, if that was Man Utd Scholes and Co would be playing one two's round him all game making him look like the piggy in the middle.

If people think charging players and diving into tackles is all that is required from a defensive mid then McCulloch is the best in the world at it.

Yopu clearly weren't at the game today then, because he gave away very few fouls considering it is the one position you are liable to do so from. Interesting you mention Scoles though. Wonderful player in his prime and having a great season so far too. Have you ever seen his tackling?