Another attack on us by a scottish football player

scottyboyblue

A SHAMED football star was slammed last night for posting an internet rant against Rangers fans saying "kill all h***".

Ayr United player Scott McLaughlin, 26, admitted he'd been "really silly" to put the twisted comment on a pal's Facebook page.

And the midfielder's manager warned him he'll be SACKED if he does anything similar again.

McLaughlin wrote the twisted message on Wednesday night after Rangers drew 1-1 with Spanish side Valencia in a Champions League tie at Ibrox.

A Celtic-supporting mate had posted, blasting the home fans' chants during the game. McLaughlin replied "kill all h***" - a derogatory term used to refer to Gers followers.

The post from the ex-Airdrie and Livingston ace provoked immediate outrage.

Rangers Supporters Trust spokesman Stephen Smith said: "The phrase 'h**' is sectarian and is something we strongly object to. It is totally unacceptable."

And furious Ayr United boss Brian Reid - a former Rangers star - revealed he will be having showdown talks with McLaughlin over his post. The manager, 40, said: "I warn our players all the time not to go on these types of sites.

"I'll be speaking to Scott and the players again.

"If it continues, they'll be OUT of the club."

Last night contrite McLaughlin said: "It was really silly and I am really sorry.

"I can understand why it could upset people. I never meant to cause any offence. It was banter among pals.

"Loads of my friends are Rangers fans."

Two weeks ago Aberdeen's Michael Paton and Zander Diamond apologised for posting anti-Protestant comments on Facebook when the Pope visited Scotland.

scottish-sun@the-sun.co.uk

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3191583/Ayr-United-soccer-player-Scott-McLaughlin-in-kill-all-h***-rant.html#ixzz134LCgUBJ

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've a good mind to email britney about all these pro footballers and ask rhem what he thinks about their high profile secterian hatred of all things rangers. After all in the last 25 tears he hasn't heard one piece of secterianism crossing the divide between them and us. Well that is according to his own in depth docUmentary on the subject.

For a starter, that article is full of inconsistencies and typographical oxymorons. It states that the said author of the facebook entry was a shamed "Football STAR" and then goes on to say he actually plays with Ayr United. :anguish:

It then goes on to further describe the cretin as an ex-Airdrie and Livingston "ACE"...Somebody has got their leagues mixed up as well as McLaughlin's ability.

It also fails to mention the apology that would surely have came from the chairman and manager of that bastion of Scottish neutrality and anti bigotry,Aberdeen, regards the comments made from their two respected Catholic players, O'Diamond and Michael "Mick" Paton. :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker:

I can imagine the furore if the boot would have been on the other left foot. doh

Should the police not be involved? Especially if it is sectarian?

You could make representations to the procurator fiscal who can then decide whether it is worth taking things further. However one thing that could be done is to contact Ayr United, his club and complain like fuck.

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/contact.asp