Madjid Bougherra

wansheet

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's leaving the first chance he gets. I get the impression he's a bit big-headed and maybe thinks he's too good for us.

We accepted a bid from Bordeaux (rumoured to be around £5.8 million) in the summer of 2009 but he rejected it because he wanted to stay at Rangers for another year

Laurent Blanc confirmed this less than a month ago

I genuinely believe him when he says that he is happy here. Although I certainly wouldn't begrudge him if a big team came in and he wanted to go. He's had a few good seasons with us, and I'd be happy if we at least get a decent transfer sum for him rather than him leaving for zilch.

I think he's leaving the first chance he gets. I get the impression he's a bit big-headed and maybe thinks he's too good for us.

Couldn't agree more! His performances this year whilst being good have been lacking in concentration. Although id still say he is easily our best defender he has made some serious errors which fortunately haven't cost us since were able to out score most teams in the SPL this year. Like mmrfc1873 mentioned i believe he is big headed and thinks he's to good for us/or rather the SPL.

The Other point to note is that he has already knocked back a new contract offer which i quote Sir Walter as saying something along the lines of "and that's the end of the story" meaning he's unlikely to sign any sort of contract offer from our club.

Personally id love him to stay for many years but just cant see it anymore. I also think we should sell him come the summer to avoid the Boyd scenario.

Couldn't agree more! His performances this year whilst being good have been lacking in concentration. Although id still say he is easily our best defender he has made some serious errors which fortunately haven't cost us since were able to out score most teams in the SPL this year. Like mmrfc1873 mentioned i believe he is big headed and thinks he's to good for us/or rather the SPL.

The Other point to note is that he has already knocked back a new contract offer which i quote Sir Walter as saying something along the lines of "and that's the end of the story" meaning he's unlikely to sign any sort of contract offer from our club.

Personally id love him to stay for many years but just cant see it anymore. I also think we should sell him come the summer to avoid the Boyd scenario.

When was this and do you have a link? I hadnt seen this interview

If he hasnt signed a new deal by Xmas THIS year, we have to sell in January, or else we get to the summer, 1 year left and lose a £10m player for less than half of that, maybe even struggle to get our money back on him!

Its critical he is signed up asap!

Leaving other players deals goto the last year was ok for squad players and players during our turbulent last few years but now we are financially sound and need to tie down our assets. The Thomson and Boyd sagas should be lessons learned, never again should a top scorer and top player leave for a pittance, in KBs case, for FREE, its criminal!

Bougherra, Bain, you know what needs done!

Davis is in same boat too! We need to tie down our main players, long term.

In fairness Walter did try to cash in on Boyd but he refused to go, our loss.

Your right though Bougherra should be moved on as I am in no doubt that a new contract has been discussed and Bougherra is keeping his option open at this stage.

In all fairness Rangers is Bougerra's level, he's not good enough for a Bayern or an Arsenal, thats as good as he is. The only problem is he could get offered double his wages playing for some team like Bolton.

No one has trusted him since the second he put pen to paper :lol: What makes everyone think he wants out so much. Lost count how many times he's said "I'm very happy here." Not saying he'll stay forever, but he's not even been linked with a move in months. He'll be here for a while yet.

Yes he'll be here for 18 months then leave for nothing, happy?

The reason for this thread is we want to protect our asset.

Understand?

If we sell him now we can get a replacement with the cash.

If he leaves for hee haw the replacement costs us 4 million quid.

Get the picture now?

Yes he'll be here for 18 months then leave for nothing, happy?

The reason for this thread is we want to protect our asset.

Understand?

If we sell him now we can get a replacement with the cash.

If he leaves for hee haw the replacement costs us 4 million quid.

Get the picture now?

simmer down tiger. all he is saying is since the day we signed boogie we have been told by our own fans hes off

Is there a link mate?

New France coach Laurent Blanc has spoken out over his confusion at Madjid Bougherra’s decision to turn down a move to Bordeaux last summer to stay at Rangers. The Algerian defender was subject to a near £5 million move last July but turned down the opportunity to switch to the then Ligue 1 champions.

Bougherra, who continues to be subject to reported interest from clubs across Europe, is with Walter Smith’s side as they approach the end of a three-game trip to Australia. But Blanc, who left Bordeaux in the summer to take up the role as Les Bleus coach, says he had to reassess his spending last year after the 27-year-old rejected the opportunity to return to France.

“I know Madjid Bougherra because he failed to come to Bordeaux last season,” Blanc told Le Buteur. “I thought of him before I signed Michael Ciani.

“But for some obscure reason he decided not to come. We had to make do because these are things that can happen sometimes in football.”

When asked whether he felt Bougherra was worthy of playing at a higher level, Blanc responded: “I think so, in France or elsewhere.”

New France coach Laurent Blanc has spoken out over his confusion at Madjid Bougherra’s decision to turn down a move to Bordeaux last summer to stay at Rangers. The Algerian defender was subject to a near £5 million move last July but turned down the opportunity to switch to the then Ligue 1

champions.

Bougherra, who continues to be subject reported interest from clubs across Europe,is with Walter Smith’s side approach the end of a three-game trip to Australia. But Blanc, who left Bordeaux in the summer to take up the role as Les Bleus coach, says he had to reassess his spending last year after the 27-year-old rejected the opportunity to return tFrance.

“I know Madjid Bougherra because he failed to come to Bordeaux last season,” Blanc told

Le Buteur. “I thought of him before I signed

Michael Ciani.

“But for some obscure reason he decided not to come. We had to make do because these

are things that can happen sometimes in

football.”

When asked whether he felt Bougherra was worthy of playing at a higher level, Blanc responded: “I think so, in France or

elsewhere.”

Cheers mate not read this before ;)

As long as he doesn't go in January, which I don't think he will, but you never know in football!?

To lose Bougherra halfway through the season would be criminal. We wouldn't be able to replace him and we don't have anyone at the club to come in.

We should be looking to tie him down, and bringing in someone to partner him, as this has to be Weir's last season!

I'm not too sure who would be interested in Bougherra?

He is overrated. Can't make a 10 yd pass, runs forward with no end product? He thinks he is too good for the SPL. (Good defender though, as one would expect from a Walter signing).

I'd sell him In January. Walter must have some other defenders in sight? Love him or not, Walter has an eye for a quality CB. And ... Big Sasa could easily go back to his natural position.

Losing 'Magic" is not an issue for me at least.

Sell him. See how he fares down south. Charlton IS his level. Not The Rangers (this year anyway). He is not a 10 million pound player. We take 5 and make a few quid.

He is overrated. Can't make a 10 yd pass, runs forward with no end product? He thinks he is too good for the SPL. (Good defender though, as one would expect from a Walter signing).

I'd sell him In January. Walter must have some other defenders in sight? Love him or not, Walter has an eye for a quality CB. And ... Big Sasa could easily go back to his natural position.

Sell him. See how he fares down south. Charlton IS his level. Not The Rangers (this year anyway). He is not a 10 million pound player. We take 5 and make a few quid.

In some respects I agree with you.He was Mr Nobody at Charlton and it is only through us he has made a name for himself but the real question is who fancies him.Plenty of rumours but I have yet to see any club come in with a firm offer - Bordeaux included despite what Blanc says.The only thing in a move for Bougherra is MONEY and we shouldnt just assume that he can get more or that will be the only factor in his decision making.How many Clubs can offer him the same status he has Rangers and actually want him?

He's by far the best defender in the SPL and he has shown on numerous occassions that he's good enough for Rangers - so the Charlton is his level, is complete and utter bollocks. No Charlton player could put in a performance in the World Cup, African Nations and Champions League!

You'd sell him in January and replace him with who? We don't have any money (well the money to bring in a quality replacement), a replacement and taking apart the centre of defence at that stage in the season would not be a wise thing. You say Papac, well he is our first choice left back, and that is his position now (has been for numerous seasons) - would also mean playing either Whittaker or Broadfoot at left back, and that is a disater waiting to happen.

Weir is on his last legs, losing Bougherra half way through the season would be one of the worst things that we could do. You don't sell your best players just before the buisness end of the season.

Anyone who thinks that Bougherra is not one of our best players has problems.