Walters not Retiring after Ibrox Exit..

djbroxybear

Good to see he's leaving and there's no talk of going 'upstairs'. Also hope he doesn't get that job with Scotland. What's needed is fresh blood and new ideas, not someone like Walter.

I think it's highly unlikely that Walter will return to management with the SFA and I would say with certainty that he will never be manager of another club side again.

He would be ideally placed being in charge of making decisions that would enable the game in Scotland to flourish at all levels of the game, from grass roots up to the SPL, so I wish him well no matter what he decides to do.

I'd like to see him manage in the epl again

the man city job he could do no bother

Whilst there's no doubt that he is a Rangers and a SPL legend, let's not make ridiculous claims about his capabilities

Everton were in a relegation fight in 3 of his 4 seasons in charge, despite the wealth of talent he had at his disposal

I think it's highly unlikely that Walter will return to management with the SFA and I would say with certainty that he will never be manager of another club side again.

He would be ideally placed being in charge of making decisions that would enable the game in Scotland to flourish at all levels of the game, from grass roots up to the SPL, so I wish him well no matter what he decides to do.

His record of grass root and youth development at club level hasnt exactly been anything to write home about so what makes you think he'd be suited to a role like that with the SFA presumbaly?

He's more suited to a diplomatic role in some capacity, he's well respected so I could even see him taking up an administrative role within UEFA or FIFA.

His record of grass root and youth development at club level hasnt exactly been anything to write home about so what makes you think he'd be suited to a role like that with the SFA presumbaly?

He's more suited to a diplomatic role in some capacity, he's well respected so I could even see him taking up an administrative role within UEFA or FIFA.

I think your last paragraph actually answered your first paragraph and is basically what I said in my post, which was...."He would be ideally placed being in charge of making decisions that would enable the game in Scotland to flourish at all levels of the game, from grass roots up to the SPL"

There's a difference between making administrative decisions that would help the game flourish and improve in Scotland as a whole, compared to him selecting young players for the first team squad or the first team side, because Walter hasn't much say in who is selected for youth training at Murray Park...They only come to his attention when he is made aware of their progress.

So we are basically saying the same thing, only posting it in a different way.