Refs vote to go on strike

tangledupinblue

well i think they are right to do this...... but surely the ceptic board are gonna get sick of lemmons antics and constantly bringing their club in the spotlight, watch this space he will be gone b4 the end of the season......

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an interesting one as I understand completely why the SFA cannot come out and just openly state this is about Celtic, but as someone said, everyone knows it is.

I would LOVE it if someone would just leak the list of demands made by the refs, or leak the "grievances" at least.

Interesting times ahead - just hope we get a reasonable picture of the range of grievances, the reasons for them and the demands made.

Anyone know someone in the know??!!??!!

evens

Do something about it then Peat.

Celtic FC, their manager and Gary Hooper must all be brought to task.

Exactly. Rather release long winded statements of fluff, get off your arse and DO something, hammer the whiners and hammer them hard, where it hurts.

There is nothing at all wrong with asking why a referee gave a decision, everyone questions them at times and we know they do get it wrong. But it is quite a different issue when clubs and managers come out and say that refs are cheating because that then brings the whole game into disrepute and something MUST be done now, otherwise the game in this country is going to fall apart.

The SFA IS Scottish football and guess who makes the rules and regulations? The clubs.. they can no longer sit on their hands, twiddling their thumbs and burying their heads in the sand. Bring in the harshest of penalties for any club whose manager or players calls any referee a cheat or implies such. Do nothing, and they only have themselves to blame when they cannot have football matches, because no-one on their right mind would want to be a referee in this country in the current situation and how long could you rely on getting foreign ones? Not to mention the cost.

well i think they are right to do this...... but surely the ceptic board are gonna get sick of lemmons antics and constantly bringing their club in the spotlight, watch this space he will be gone b4 the end of the season......

Seriously doubt they will, considering they actually agree with what he says and does?

Tonight Reporting Scotland has Craig Thomson surrounded by Rangers players to exemplify the kind of pressure a ref is under, as were some other clubs featured in the report, but refs are not going on strike because they are surrounded by players in a high pressured game- this was not the reason for Mr Peat's comments. Typical BBC, scared of the main culprit in this argument

Within the UK, Celtic are immune to strong criticism and practically untouchable. They are looked after by some very important(bigot wankers) but important people nonetheless in this country.

This goes way beyond just a game of football.

Time we ALL woke up!

They will never suffer the same lies we have had to suffer in the press and they will never have to suffer the same embarrassment and shame through the mhedia we suffered because of Manchester.

If they mention Celtic, they need to mention Aberdeen as well. Mark McGhee has been at it all season.

With due respect i think criticising referees is part of the game that can go to far sometimes.

But celtic are blatently questioning referees integrity which is completely different.

I have watched several interviews mostly on bbc sport i.e. Brown, Paatelainen, especially Dougal and Peat.

Why oh why does none of them mention celtic directly for the reason the refs are going on strike.

Even the refs themselves have stopped short at mentioning the name celtic.

They have consitently undermined and undervalued scottish football for years especially this season

where there ingrained bitterness and misguided suspicions have made us a laughing stock in other countries.

For me its time to call a spade a spade. F*ck you celtic either put up or shut up. I'm sick of your constant bleating. There bitter in victory as well as defeat.

I know they wont but they should have the book thrown at them for bringing the game into disrepute but the sfa havent got the balls to do it.

Now is the ideal oppotunity to fix this for ever. Ask celtic to prove their innuendos and conspiricacy theories. If they dont (which they obviously cant) give them a final warning that any more bleating without foundation sanctions (fines and points deducted) will be brought against the club.

I totally agree, the SFA and the referees need to grow a fuckin backbone and name them, celtic don't hold back, and for years there fans have continually threatened refs and their families everytime something happens in a game they don't like, i have followed rangers for nearly 40 years and by fuck we have countless big decisions go against us, as have every other club, but only one group of fans have attacked and threatened refs, this has to stop

I'm glad thats off my chest.

Your thoughts

Thr Ref's they ask should take a stand and say no way your ref's are on strike so we dont want to do any games, i think ref's should stick together on this one.

Remove the scum for the league and thats it sorted, let them join the league of ireland, f**k off scum we dont need you lot in this league.

Tonight Reporting Scotland has Craig Thomson surrounded by Rangers players to exemplify the kind of pressure a ref is under, as were some other clubs featured in the report, but refs are not going on strike because they are surrounded by players in a high pressured game- this was not the reason for Mr Peat's comments. Typical BBC, scared of the main culprit in this argument

Noticed that myself, why show Rangers players instead of the scum. The BBC have showed their true colours once again.

If they mention Celtic, they need to mention Aberdeen as well. Mark McGhee has been at it all season.

When did McGhee say the officials were deliberately cheating or that they were involved in a conspiracy?

Other clubs should make it public that they are distancing themselves from this affair. Especially Rangers who, as someone mentioned above were featured on Reporting Scotland complaining to the ref. That's not what this is about and the BBC knows it. They just can't bear to point the finger at celtic......unless they are forced to like they were in poppy/banner coverage.

I remember a few years back they fined levein for constantly slagging refs. They drew him over the coals and fined him which he refused to pay and they came out with all sorts of bullying statements to him.

Yet they wont address they elephant in the room. I think the refs might have done scottish football a favour in the long run but the real issues have to be addressed now. Over the last few weeks their support, manager, players and chairman have questioned referees integrity.

The sfa should strike while the irons hot.

The SFA seem unwilling, or too afraid to strike at all.

For example why has Hooper not been hauled in front of a committee to explain his comments regarding referees being biased against celtic? Instead he continues to win points for them on the pitch.

I caught a bit of a BBC MW radio channel tonight, in which they were fairly ripping into celtic BTW, and they were calling for the rest of the SPL clubs to gang up on celtic because the SFA wont act.

Noticed that myself, why show Rangers players instead of the scum. The BBC have showed their true colours once again.

The storys been on Sky News all day

This afternoon 3 clips were shown while some English burd read her script.. all 3 involving Celtic (players surrounding ref, Lennon going nuts in the officals face) although they were not mentioned by name during the report

This evening the report has been redone, with basically the same script (exept the English cow learns to pronounce Dougie) but with 6 or 7 different video clips this time, 2 of which feature Rangers players surrounding the ref

Strange? i thought so

I can see why the SFA dont come out and name the filth, but ex refs like Clarke and other journo scum should be telling it how it is

I think the differentiator here a la McGhee et al criticising refs is that this is an orchestrated attempt form the celtc Chairman on down. It isn't just about criticism after a heated match which we all understand.

celtc as a club are poison from head to toe. It's pretty clear who peat is going on about. When does a chairman of a Football club demand a ref resign? ffs. does every call go against celtc? Oh aye, forgot it does. Silly me.

I think the differentiator here a la McGhee et al criticising refs is that this is an orchestrated attempt form the celtc Chairman on down. It isn't just about criticism after a heated match which we all understand.

celtc as a club are poison from head to toe. It's pretty clear who peat is going on about. When does a chairman of a Football club demand a ref resign? ffs. does every call go against celtc? Oh aye, forgot it does. Silly me.

Absolutely correct, the letters sent prior to recent Old Firm matches were clearly cynical attempts to influence the referees; to say nothing of distracting from the club's failings on the pitch.

Isn't it ironic how Dr John Reid, the man so reviled and rejected by celtic fans upon his arrival, now has them eating out of his hands like house-trained rodents.

Within the UK, Celtic are immune to strong criticism and practically untouchable. They are looked after by some very important(bigot wankers) but important people nonetheless in this country.

This goes way beyond just a game of football.

Time we ALL woke up!

Wink wink........... It`s Opius Dei that you speak of

The storys been on Sky News all day

This afternoon 3 clips were shown while some English burd read her script.. all 3 involving Celtic (players surrounding ref, Lennon going nuts in the officals face) although they were not mentioned by name during the report

This evening the report has been redone, with basically the same script (exept the English cow learns to pronounce Dougie) but with 6 or 7 different video clips this time, 2 of which feature Rangers players surrounding the ref

Strange? i thought so

I can see why the SFA dont come out and name the filth, but ex refs like Clarke and other journo scum should be telling it how it is

To be fair to Clarke he does specifically mention Celtic on the BBC web report about it.

And as ma big Mate reminded me today WHY? is nobody mentioning the thug lennons threat covered in all the newspapers when he got the job ''I want my team in the referees faces.'' SHOCKING ! This city is being run by councillors and gangsters who all frequent the phiggery ? :sherlock: