Weiss wants City stay.

PaulRFC1

Didnt see this posted anywhere.

VLADIMIR WEISS has vowed to fight for his Manchester City future – after being frozen out at Eastlands.

The Slovakian winger, on loan at Rangers, celebrates his 21st birthday on Tuesday knowing the present he really wants is a place in Roberto Mancini’s team.

But Weiss – the star of City’s 2008 FA Youth Cup-winning side – knows it is becoming harder than ever for young stars like him to break through

Weiss was looking forward to a bright future under former boss Mark Hughes and signed a new contract committing himself to the club.

But three days later Hughes was sacked and replaced by Mancini who sent the winger on loan first to Bolton then Ibrox. Weiss said: “It’s too early to say whether I will be going back to City but I want to. It is the club where I grew up and I love the place.

“But they have got a lot of top players now and there will probably be even more arriving.

“Although I haven’t spoken to Mancini this season I don’t feel forgotten because the club have been in touch and I hope that’s a sign that they want me.

“I don’t see the move to Glasgow as the end for me at City. They had offers from clubs wanting to buy me in the summer and I hope the fact they turned them all down suggests I have a future back there.

“I had been playing a few games under Mark Hughes. Then Mancini came with his own ideas, brought a few players in and sent me on loan.

“They told me to get some experience at Rangers and come back a better player. I want to go back even though it’s going to be a massive challenge getting into the first team.

“It’s obviously harder and harder for players to come through the youth system at City because they can go out and pay whatever they want for established stars.

“And once a club has paid big money for big stars then they are obliged to play them. That’s tough for lads like myself but I suppose that’s the challenge as well.”

He is a Man City fan so im not shocked but he has also said he is loving it here and wouldn't rule out staying.

Really hope he stays with us.

Quality wee player.

Went on a City forum to see what they thought and they were saying he is better than Adam Johnson and SWP.

They were also saying pish like Miller is a league 1 level striker and Blackburn are better than us. :lol: :lol:

I seen someone say he is better than Adam Johnson, don't think so. He has been average for us so far... Can't see him being in Mancini's plans.

fair enough him saying he wants to go back. as has been said he will struggle though to get in their first team but its up to him. To be honest im not falling for all the hype about him so far. He looks like he could be a very good player in the future but with the team we have at the moment i think we need someone a bit more experienced in that area. I think the hype about him is down to the fact we have not had that type of player in a while.

and drop edu or mcculloch or davis when fit

how fucking dare you, that is blasphemy :pipe:

-------------Shagger-------------------

Whittaker---Boogy----Weir------Papac

Davis------Edu-------Binman--------Naismith

------------------Weiss-------------

------------------Miller---------------

Everybody's happy ;)

You cant begrudge the lad for wanting to go back and fight his way into the Man City team, it will come to the point where Man City cant go out and spend spend spend and will have to bring some players through and they will look to players like Weiss, who will have gained good experiences after his loans at Bolton and here. I think Weiss gets it a little tough from some of our fans, he does try a little bit too much at times but we have nobody else who is capable of picking up the ball and doing what he does with it im willing to put up with the odd misplaced pass or over hit cross when he keeps on going and going.

Although its obvious he has bags of potential i have been a little dissapointed with Weiss so far. I think to see the best of him he has to play on the right and i would start him there every day of the week. My question is would we actully take him as our 'big money' buy next summer if the opportunity arose? Would we accept this lad to be our major signing, as Jelevic has been this season?

Id like to see weiss play down the right IMO better on that side

Formation id like to see in the SPL

--------------Shagger-------------------

-----------------Edu---------------

---Weiss----------------------Naismith

---------------Davis-----------------

---------Miller-------Jelavic------

Id like to see weiss play down the right IMO better on that side

Formation id like to see in the SPL

--------------Shagger-------------------

-----------------Edu---------------

---Weiss----------------------Naismith

---------------Davis-----------------

---------Miller-------Jelavic------

Agree with the Formation but Edu in Defensive Midfield isn't too convincing. Looks far more effective when he gets into more attacking positions in my opinion.

On Weiss I really can't see him flourishing here. A young Winger needs others to look up to and there's nobody at Rangers who can tutor him at this moment in time and it seems many will be more concerned if he can track back and defend, he shouldn't even be playing in our own half and should be playing in an advanced role where he do damage. Can't blame him for wanting to go back to City, thats where he's spent most of his time and is entitled to have a soft spot for the club.