Celtic aiming to nick McGeouch

PaulRFC1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£3000 a week <cr>

I know a few people who watch the younger lads regularly and they were impressed with McGeouch. If he has indeed signed a contract with celtc, then that's his choice - fcuk him, I hope his career goes downhill.

Some of the comments that are being made of this young lad are just disgusting irrespective of what team he was raised to support or what team he eventually plays for.

This whole story just shows that players do cross the divide directly, even if youngsters, as he joined us from Celtic in a swap deal with one of our players going the other way at the time. He is now coming to the end of his contract with us and he has a big decision to make and hopefully he will make the right decision and not be swayed by his family influences.

One thing at least, if he does decide to sign for them then we will be due compensation from Celtic due to the investment we put into his development.

Couldn't really care, but i do wonder if he's so highly thought of why he wasn't offered a new contract by us before now?

I don't really remember any time in the past when we've got a player to sign a new contract until they're in their final year when playing as a youngster?

Especially in these recent times when we're not always sorting out contracts for senior players who are in their final year of their contract!

Some of the comments that are being made of this young lad are just disgusting irrespective of what team he was raised to support or what team he eventually plays for.

This whole story just shows that players do cross the divide directly, even if youngsters, as he joined us from Celtic in a swap deal with one of our players going the other way at the time. He is now coming to the end of his contract with us and he has a big decision to make and hopefully he will make the right decision and not be swayed by his family influences.

One thing at least, if he does decide to sign for them then we will be due compensation from Celtic due to the investment we put into his development.

That depends on what our contract offer was to him. If we didn't at least equal his previous terms, we'll get hee-haw. That said, I don't see that being the case as we were looking to keep him on.

That depends on what our contract offer was to him. If we didn't at least equal his previous terms, we'll get hee-haw. That said, I don't see that being the case as we were looking to keep him on.

It's got nothing to do with what the contract offer was to him, due to his age and going to another club within the same country then compensation has to be paid.

It's got nothing to do with what the contract offer was to him, due to his age and going to another club within the same country then compensation has to be paid.

Oh, my apologies. I understood that for players under the age of 24, compensation was only applicable if the player's current club had offered him a contract. :)