Ally McCoist

WeeBlue

What's your opinion on Ally McCoist being the next Rangers manager?

Is he ready to take over from Walter?

Will he bring a new style of play to the team or will be a carbon copy of Walter?

Is he too friendly with the playing staff and should he keep more of a distance?

Who will/should he have working around him.. assistant coach etc?

Is he the right man for the job?

I've noticed from a few remarks that suggest some people aren't too enthusiastic about him becoming our next manager so I'd like to hear your opinions.

As a player and fan Ally is/was second to none but I worry if he's tough enough to become the manager. I won't judge him til i see how he does obviously. What do you guys think?

I'm not looking forward to him taking over. As has been said in countless other threads, he looks completely lost at times, and Walter comes down to the dug out to give a helping hand. He won't have that option next year.

I am dreading McCoist taking over. He is not cut out for the job and is far too friendly with Neil Lennon for my liking.

I said it last night but come the start of next season Smith will have left, Bougherra/Davis/Whittaker will all be entering the final 12 months of their contract, Papac and Miller will be out of contract, Weir will probably retire, McGregor will be in the shop window, McCulloch will become the next captain (I'm sure of that) there will be even less money available, probably no CL football... And McCoist and McDowall will be left on the touchline scratching their heads with no one to turn to.

Anytime McCoist has took charge of cup games (5-0 Hamilton and 7-2 Dunfermline) the exceptions, we have looked poor and he has looked lost and eventually has had to call on Walter to come down and take a look at his clipboard to see if it says the right stuff.

Walter should have gave him the reigns this year, and atleast gave him a shot with some funds and on the back of a Winning league campaign and up against a rookie manager in Neil Lennon.

Now he'll come in cold, with next to no budget, a lot of our players will be leaving and McCoist will basically have to rebuild a team. Plus the added fact of Lennon and his backroom staff having a year under his belt.

Personally I don't think he'll get the chance to become our Manager, but that all depends if a takeover does happen.

Dreading it. There is no denying the man is a legend as a player but it doesnt make you a good manager. And in effect we need a great manager. Someone of Walters stature. He relys too much on Smith even during the cup games when he is in charge. The players only seem to play when Smith comes down from the stand.

I think the club needs a fresh start at the end of the season. A new manager and give him the funds which can be made available. Build the team around Mcgregor, Davis, Jelavic and Miller.

When I first heard I was kind of excited but now I'm not so confident.SWS is going to be a hard act to follow and the pressure might get to him as we as a club demand that we win all our games domestically.

Also I hope this defensive approach to the games from kick off might of rubbed off on Ally and I don't want that.Pish to watch and it makes the atmosphere at Ibrox grimm.

Ally has done well at almost everything he has tried. He can be a hard bastard too and have no worries there.

He probably will be the next manager of Rangers, but nothing is certain.

If he is he will have my support initially anyway. He will have to earn our respect though as manager. He deserves a chance so let's see what he can do.

Dreading it. There is no denying the man is a legend as a player but it doesnt make you a good manager. And in effect we need a great manager. Someone of Walters stature. He relys too much on Smith even during the cup games when he is in charge. The players only seem to play when Smith comes down from the stand.

I think the club needs a fresh start at the end of the season. A new manager and give him the funds which can be made available. Build the team around Mcgregor, Davis, Jelavic and Miller, Fleck, Ness, Hutton, Whittaker, Bougherra, Naismith and Wylde.

(tu)

The nucleus of a very good team and squad is there, just a few quality additions and we could change the whole dynamics of the team.

Ally has done well at almost everything he has tried. He can be a hard bastard too and have no worries there.

He probably will be the next manager of Rangers, but nothing is certain.

If he is he will have my support initially anyway. He will have to earn our respect though as manager. He deserves a chance so let's see what he can do.

(tu)

Mentally - ready for it.

Tactically - Smith's saved him before in tight cup games (St Mirren final with nine men), how will he cope without the reassurance of the real gaffer sitting upstairs? Impossible to say, if that actually was a McCoist/McDowall game yesterday then I'm concerned.

(tu)

The nucleus of a very good team and squad is there, just a few quality additions and we could change the whole dynamics of the team.

bang on the money, we do have good players in the squad, regardless how many say the whole team is shit, we have shown what we are capable of now and again and your right a few quality additions to ease the burdon on others and we could have a cracking we mix here of young players coming through and a strong backbone in the team

Lennon had no experience yet won his first 15 SPL games and is currently top of the table

You really cannot judge how an assistant will fair as a manager. Brian Kidd was a wonderful assistant but woeful manager. Mourinho was a translator yet a wonderful manager.

bang on the money, we do have good players in the squad, regardless how many say the whole team is shit, we have shown what we are capable of now and again and your right a few quality additions to ease the burdon on others and we could have a cracking we mix here of young players coming through and a strong backbone in the team

(tu)

If Super Ally has been in charge for the League Cup matches then he's taken the team to three finals in three seasons, winning two, however the performances along the way have been rotten.

I am not convinced Ally has the experience or tactical brain required for the Rangers job, its not like over at the scum, you cannot buy your way out of trouble like a certain wee baw bag manager. If KMcD or ID werent there I'd try an get Archie Knox to assist him.

For me and this imo, If Ally is getting the gig next season while Smith is still there i would like McCoist to take charge with Smith for the rest of the season to see what he can do, if he cant win the league this season and then he can go with Smith at the end of the season. In that a mean Allys team selection and tactics to see what he can do.