Kyle Lafferty turns and snarls at Neil Lennon

alistairr_1

People fail to understand, that Fans like a hero/cult hero. It has been that way for years. I remember guys like Graeme Roberts, Terry Hurlock, Bomber Brown, Fergie, Shota, Dado, nacho and even fukin sebo was a hero to some fans.

People connect to Kyle because he talks like one of us and despises them. Nothing wrong with that IMO. Some on here really need to get off their high horse and let others have an opinion.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I have to laugh at all the posts saying "can't stand the Lafferty love in, he can't do a thing wrong around here just because he's an Ulsterman".

I have hardly ever read a single word in praise of the man. The most unfairly maligned player in our entire squad. If there's a love-in, it has totally passed me by because all I ever hear is criticism of him, which is amazing considering he's been better than half our team this season, including certain untouchables like Davis.

Don't expect us to win every game, made that clear over the seasons and in about 4 threads today.

But becasue I have said that, I am negative. The people who are moaning are the ones who expected us to just turn up and slaughter celtc, 3-0, 4-0, 5-0...

If I expected us to win every game, then I'd say so. I expect us to win the league, and it was/is always going to be a battle as it's tow mediocre sides against each other. People expected us to coast to the league title - was never going to happen, I've been saying so since the summer - shit, does that make me negative?

Said it on many occassions that when we up our game, take it to the opposition and look to kill them, we are unstoppable. When we sit back, to deep, give them too much respect and time, we struggle.

Walter Sith is too cautious at times. Sunday is yet another example. 1-0 down, no sub, 2-0 down, 15 minutes to go and we've still got one up front, one man in the box when a delivery is made.

celtc scored, Smith didn't know what to do. He kept it the same, tried to keep it tight, not concede, and look to equalise. We didn't, and went 2-0 down. No plan b.

After 15-20 minutes of the game, where we were pretty good, we fell away. At half-time I said to papaguay that we'll be happy with a draw, certainly seemed that way after watching the 2nd half.

How do you know we won't coast it? Could easily win it by 6-7 points or it could even take 2 points. Doesn't matter really.

No its not, but if half the players showed an ounce of what lafferty showed when he can on we would have won that match.

The main point I am trying to make is that when the players step out against them they should do so with fire in there bellies and evil in their eyes.

What did Lafferty do when he came on ? passed the ball once or twice along with whining like a wee bitch ? Aye, that's inspirational <cr>.

To be honest I have to laugh at all the posts saying "can't stand the Lafferty love in, he can't do a thing wrong around here just because he's an Ulsterman".

I have hardly ever read a single word in praise of the man. The most unfairly maligned player in our entire squad. If there's a love-in, it has totally passed me by because all I ever hear is criticism of him, which is amazing considering he's been better than half our team this season, including certain untouchables like Davis.

I agree to some extent.

People are quick to forget that Lafferty 2 years ago scored the winning title goal which set up the team to go on and win 3-0 to secure the league.

People fail to understand, that Fans like a hero/cult hero. It has been that way for years. I remember guys like Graeme Roberts, Terry Hurlock, Bomber Brown, Fergie, Shota, Dado, nacho and even fukin sebo was a hero to some fans.

People connect to Kyle because he talks like one of us and despises them. Nothing wrong with that IMO. Some on here really need to get off their high horse and let others have an opinion.

(tu)

In days like these when the footballing quality of the entire squad is very slight, we need characters. I like Lafferty as a person. That's justification enough for me.

I agree to some extent.

People are quick to forget that Lafferty 2 years ago scored the winning title goal which set up the team to go on and win 3-0 to secure the league.

He also scored the title-winning goal last season.

People always talk about how Novo wasn't the most talented player but loved the club and scored important goals. When exactly will it be ok for those of us who like him to start giving Lafferty credit for the same thing?

What did Lafferty do when he came on ? passed the ball once or twice along with whining like a wee bitch ? Aye, that's inspirational <cr>.

He showed heart and a willingness to get in amongst it, more than the rest put together.

Its just my opinion, I am entitled to it the last time I checked.

He also scored the title-winning goal last season.

People always talk about how Novo wasn't the most talented player but loved the club and scored important goals. When exactly will it be ok for those of us who like him to start giving Lafferty credit for the same thing?

Lafferty has played a big part in our season up to now and is one of our best players this season. Credit where credit is due.

He showed heart and a willingness to get in amongst it, more than the rest put together.

Its just my opinion, I am entitled to it the last time I checked.

Didn't say you weren't :lol: But I'm entitled to disagree, last time I checked :rolleyes:.

Heart and willingness ? Fuck :lol:.

because what the picture doesnt show is lennon refusing to shake laffertys hand and giving him abuse. ill post a picture later on when im home on the pc

Im just reading the quote from Willie Vass, its hard to tell what happened from that picture but if Willie said he refused to shake Lennons hand im sure he did.

Thats what everybody should be doing.

Refusing to shake that bastards hand, I fucking love big Kyle and he is a must to start.

Wee ginger bastard, well in Kyle.

Spot on mate that wee ginger fucker would do the same, I'm beginning to like big Kyle hope he starts to get a good run in the team and show's the fans that he can play a bit, I dont mind him refusing to shake Lemons hand but he'll need to start doing a bit of growing up. :uk:

Spot on mate that wee ginger fucker would do the same, I'm beginning to like big Kyle hope he starts to get a good run in the team and show's the fans that he can play a bit, I dont mind him refusing to shake Lemons hand but he'll need to start doing a bit of growing up. :uk:

He will need to do more than playing "a bit" to convince me after the price we paid for him. Showed glimpses of what he is about but most of the time he has been no where near good enough. All this twittering is utter sillyness, I would prefer he go got the head down and concentrate on his football rather than trying to score points over a social networking site doh

He will need to do more than playing "a bit" to convince me after the price we paid for him. Showed glimpses of what he is about but most of the time he has been no where near good enough. All this twittering is utter sillyness, I would preferred he go got the head down and concentrate on his football than scoring points over a social networking site doh

You know what I meant Shanks, I reckon if he got a good run in the team he can show IF he can cut it playing for the Rangers sometimes I think he tries too hard to please the fans with some of the stupid things he does, it doesn't impress me I just want to see him do the biz ON the park and the twittering shit and talking about houses, cars and girlfriends should stop we dont want to hear all that crap I've never been a fan of Lafferty but I want to see him do well, still think him ignoring Lemon was right I'd do the same to the ginger cunt. :uk: