Liverpool defender Glen Johnson has launched an outspoken attack on Paul Merson

Boab

Johnsons a cunt , i hope someone breaks his legs , he is probably full of himself because he thinks he has made it because he plays for liverpool and is england 1st choice RB 1hich looks good on paper but if you actually look at the state of both teams then its nothing special .

I like merson , him and mat le tissier ( really dont know how to spell his name ) are the best on ssn . This is the 1st im hearing of his drug problem though ,

what actually happened re the drugs ? , cant check as on my phone and internet slow

I hate Paul Merson he's one of the worst pundits around.

I remember betwen Christmas and New Year they were talking about Tevez and how modern players attitudes & the like are terrible and he was on about how the worlds best players "would rather go and play against teams like Levante because it's easier than playing in the Premier League"

Clown.

Would you have brought up his drug problems though?

Johnson's a cunt. Truth hurts, sure, but if you're going to retort then stick to the fucking subject. He should call Merson a shite player all he wants but there's no need to bring up personal stuff.

He's a big boy, and he's had his problems in the past...

But when you attack someone personally, as he did with Johnson, you've got to be prepared for a response...and if you've been a junkie, alcoholic, with a gambling addiction, who had a breakdown in TV, you should maybe think twice about 'personally' attacking anyone..regardless of your chosen career....Otherwise they might hurt your feelings. :(

Football wise johnston and quite a large percentage of today's players wouldn't make a patch for Mersons arse. To many like johnston nowadays likes to mince about looking good and contributes fuck all to the game. Fuck knows where the system has went wrong but it has, the game is full of ponces and parasites. To many getting cuts from transfers from the scouts to the managers. Merson is correct ! :sherlock:

He's a big boy, and he's had his problems in the past...

But when you attack someone personally, as he did with Johnson, you've got to be prepared for a response...and if you've been a junkie, alcoholic, with a gambling addiction, who had a breakdown in TV, you should maybe think twice about 'personally' attacking anyone..regardless of your chosen career....Otherwise they might hurt your feelings. :(

Saying someone can't defend and isn't worth 18million isn't attacking him personally.

Its a guy doing his job, he is a pundit and was asked a question.

What Johnson done was attacking Merson personally while anyone with dignity would not have even bothered to respond and just try and improve on the pitch.

No need for that whatsoever.

Johnson has been awful this season!! against blackburn he was a complete bombscare he has been at fault for so many goals this season!!

Although its obviously hard to get these things said about you so openly so i think ost of us would bite back in that situation!!

As for the twitter debate i love hearing about what players have to say on twitter it should be up to the club if the players have twitter or not!

Saying someone can't defend and isn't worth 18million isn't attacking him personally.

Its a guy doing his job, he is a pundit and was asked a question.

What Johnson done was attacking Merson personally while anyone with dignity would not have even bothered to respond and just try and improve on the pitch.

No need for that whatsoever.

Of course it was a personal attack! He referred to Johnson personally, mentioning his attitude as much as his technique.

I really don't see why mentioning Merson's drug abuse should be taboo. He chose to bring it into the public-eye..and he chose to take a job criticising football players.

He questioned Johnson's professional integrity, gloves are off IMO.