Fleck

Allanger

Anyone got any idea what has happened to young Fleck? A couple of seasons ago he was our wonderkid yet he didn't even make the bench last night. I had really high hopes for him but have been told that he has a bad attitude.As I said anyone got any info?

I still have high hopes for him. Don't look into missing the match last night too much.

Let's not forget he is the same age as Ness and Hutton and they are only just making a name for themselves so time is still on his hands.

I too still have high hopes for him but i think Smith is deliberately keeping him out the limelight for two reasons.

Firstly to get away from all the media hype and tension surrounding it and Secondly to teach young Fleck a lesson in humility and hard work.

I think Fleck believed all the hype and thought he had made it when he quite clearly hadn't.

If Smith is making him work harder behind the scenes to make sure he is ready then it can't be a bad thing.

I still have high hopes for him. Don't look into missing the match last night too much.

Let's not forget he is the same age as Ness and Hutton and they are only just making a name for themselves so time is still on his hands.

Hope your right gary. Bringing youth through the ranks seems the only way ahead for us in our current situation

To be fair to Walter Smith, Fleck hasn't showed much any time he's played. He's quiet and in-effective more often than not.

You can argue that he's not getting played in his right position often enough, but he still needs to show more wherever and whenever he plays.

Walter can't keep playing someone for the sake of it.

He has time on his side. As someone said, maybe when we can get squad numbers back up and a few signings - he can go out on loan somewhere.

Far too much hype when he was 16/17. 'Wonder-kid', 'next Wayne Rooney', 'potentionally worth '£15m+'... absolute nonsense.

He's only made 35 appearances for the club in all competitions, 21 starts. Injury in pre-season hasn't helped.

I don't know where he fit's in, because he's not very good on the right or left. Still, plenty time for him to get his chance.

Hope your right gary. Bringing youth through the ranks seems the only way ahead for us in our current situation

I think maybe his biggest problem is that we don't really know his best position. In bounce games he seems to be palying CM but if that's his position then he is not going to get games before Davis, McCulloch, Edu, Ness and Hutton.

If his position is just off the striker then Naismith is our best option for that. Then we he actually gets a game in the first team he gets shunted out on the left.

I'm sure Walter and Ally came out and said they have been impressed by his attitude in training and are just struggling to fit him into the team.

We've put too much time and effort into Fleck just to let his talent go to waste. He will get his chance and I hope he takes it because I don't think anyone is really doubting his natural ability. Most are just doubting whether he will show it when his chance comes along.

wheres all this shit coming from about his attitude ?? usual believing everything in the paper, the wee man couldnt be more dedicated to us if he tried...could almost guarentee that if we do get rid o him he will be a starman elsewhere in his own position.

I still think he will come good. Imo his performances haven't been that bad for a player of his age. I think too many people expected him to go on 40yard runs and put it in the top corner which unless he was the next messi that was never going to happen. If he sorts a few things of his game out especially decision making he will be fine and imo still our best youth player.

The thing i noticed about fleck is thatin his first few games for us he looked the part , full of confidence always lookibg to run forward wit or without the ball . And last season after playing well in 2 or 3 games he would get dropped for 3 months completly , thats bad managment imo

This season however apart from pre season where he was excellent , he has been out on the left and really short of confidence .

A young player like Fleck has to be playing all the time, not just bounce games or coming of the bench for a few minutes, so I guess he should go out on loan for a few months and then we can judge him

Got injured in pre-season and is still playing catch up.

Rumour has it he has been offered the chance of going on loan to Motherwell until the end of the season, but not sure how much truth is in it.

Even though we're sort on numbers.

That might not be too bad a move for him.

Got injured in pre-season and is still playing catch up.

Rumour has it he has been offered the chance of going on loan to Motherwell until the end of the season, but not sure how much truth is in it.

I know we don't have the biggest of squads, but Fleck is a player we could afford to send out on loan, and I think we should look to send him out, with a call back clause inserted.