Boxing and MMA

Price KO2 Skelton. Skelton ate some big shots from Price right but took them well and there was a lack off agression from Price following them up - perhaps weary of coming in and rushing it.

Catches Skleton with a sickening left hook to the body though near the end of the round and Skelton retreats to the ropes - Price bangs another 2 solid left hooks in on the same spot & Skelton crumbles, can't get up, and the towel comes in.

No talk of Tyson Fury tonight...? I just switched it on. Seems a pretty tame fight; usually Fury's fights are entertaining in some way or another.

He certainly looks like he trains a lot harder these days as opposed to the earlier days:

Mick_Hennessy_and_Tyson_Fury.jpg

"You're a big man but you're out of shape..."

Fury's fight was never going to be entertaining tonight. Kevin Johnson is as negative as they come.

Hopefully Cotto vs. Trout later tonight will provide a bit more entertainment, but it's highly possible that fight will be lacking in entertainment as well.

Take a bow Austin Trout. Wins a UD against Cotto in Madison Square Garden. Excellent performance and fully deserved win. 117-111x2 and 119-109 are a fair reflection of how the fight went IMO.

119-109 is a fucking disgrace. Most of the pundits ringside had Trout by 2 rounds - which is how i had it too. I know there was alot of clsoe round which could easily have went to Trout for a greater margin, but 119-109 is a joke. Some judges are just shocking.

And btw, Oscar DeLaHoya tweeted he had Cotto winning!

I had 117-111 for Trout. Honestly, I don't have much of a problem with 119-109. There was some really close rounds and if the judge gives them to Trout then it's easy to arrive at that score. It was a bit wide, but I've seen a lot worse scorecards than that.

119-109 is a fucking disgrace. Most of the pundits ringside had Trout by 2 rounds - which is how i had it too. I know there was alot of clsoe round which could easily have went to Trout for a greater margin, but 119-109 is a joke. Some judges are just shocking.

And btw, Oscar DeLaHoya tweeted he had Cotto winning!

HA! Oscar is funny on twitter. He also said that Peter Quillin vs. Winky Wright was 'fighting at its best' so I wouldn't take much note of what Oscar said. Complains about Top Rank mismatches as well then goes and puts his 'Golden Boy' in with Josesito Lopez.

I have a hunch Marquez will win tomorrow.

You'd have to say from the 3 fights, he's pretty unlucky to be sitting at 0-2-1.

A couple of differences of opinion and that could easily of been 3-0-0, and it would be hard to argue with.

he's "luckier" not to be 3-0 down considering the judge that scored it a draw later admitted to fucking p the first round scoring it 10-7 & not 10-6.

depending on what you consider luck i guess.

but sure, a different set of judges and he couldve picked up maybe even all 3 wins.

cant wait for this fight tomorrow, Pacquaio has maxed out the 147 limit, with JMM coming in at great shape a very lean 143.

Quite a lot of boxing on tonight.

Barker v Hope on Sky Sports which is followed by Brian Magee vs. Mikkel Kessler.

James DeGale on Channel Five from 10pm.

And then the Pacquiao-Marquez card in the early hours.

(tu) good night of boxing.

no doubt it won't be till about 6am the marquez - pac fight is on? if so think i'll get up early for it, never usually make it and end up falling asleep otherwise :lol: