Boxing and MMA

Groves should win but I reckon Johnson tests his chin. Will be close for the first 8 or 9 rounds before Groves pulls away and Johnson gasses. Nice step-up for Groves - while Johnson is faded I don't think he's necessarily done.

Looks like Shane Mosley is going to fight Malignaggi. Man I wish Shane would stay retired. Shame on the WBA and athletic commission if they sanction this.

Hopefully Khan gets back on track this weekend and we get to see him and brook at some point.

You're right mate. I've been a keen follower of Khan, as well as Haye, and it would be utterly disastrous if Amir lost tomorrow night. He shouldn't lose and shouldn't have lost v Peterson (we know what happened there), but against Garcia he failed to heed the early warnings and that cost him.

I really hope Khan is prepared for tomorrow and that he comes out fighting. It's definitely make or break time and if that is playing on his mind it could be costly.

You're right mate. I've been a keen follower of Khan, as well as Haye, and it would be utterly disastrous if Amir lost tomorrow night. He shouldn't lose and shouldn't have lost v Peterson (we know what happened there), but against Garcia he failed to heed the early warnings and that cost him.

I really hope Khan is prepared for tomorrow and that he comes out fighting. It's definitely make or break time and if that is playing on his mind it could be costly.

Just watched the behind the ropes documentary on youtube, khan seems much more focused on this fight. I think he knows this is it, 1 more ko and im gone.

I think moving trainers from roach to hunter is a great move, hoping he can get his career back on track! :5536:

Just watched the behind the ropes documentary on youtube, khan seems much more focused on this fight. I think he knows this is it, 1 more ko and im gone.

I think moving trainers from roach to hunter is a great move, hoping he can get his career back on track! :5536:

Definitely mate. He can't afford a defeat. Really looking forward to it.

Should be a good fight if all goes to plan, hoping we don't feel the disappointment experienced v Garcia.

What I found amazing when watching behind the ropes is that after, what, 4 years? with one of the best trainers in the game in FR at the Wildcard .... Khan was learning about footwork and balance from Virgil Hunter. After all these years of training from he was a kid he's still learning the basics. Maybe not the basics but an advanced basic if you like. Still astounded me all the same.

Suppose with anything you never stop learning eh.

He should have changed trainer a long time ago IMO.