Boxing and MMA

IIRC punk has a martial arts background and was also a college wrestler. I think he might have what it takes, we really wont know till he takes his first few real hits to the jaw lol.

We might be surprised and he could end up doing a lesnar and being champ after 4 fights.

He's not a college wrestler and he's done Kenpo and BJJ on-off but he's nowhere near as accomplished as Lesnar. It's not even close. Plus Brock's a freak athlete, Punk isn't.

If the UFC wasn't desperate for draws, Punk would have been told to fuck off. I like him but his credentials leave a lot to be desired.

Has he? I didn't know that, all I knew was he had done BJJ for a while, if he has a wrestling background as well well that adds a different slant.

He will be trained like fuck before his first fight regardless but I'm skeptical

You're right about that though, some people just can't deal with being hit, he comes across like a really determined and driven guy though so it won't be through the lack of trying if he doesn't make it.

I'm sure I saw somewhere that Punk has actually done quite a bit of competitive sparring with Sonnen as well.

Lots of online chat about him taking on the green power ranger :lol: I think a pillow-fisted fighter with bad wrestling defence is more likely.

He's not a college wrestler and he's done Kenpo and BJJ on-off but he's nowhere near as accomplished as Lesnar. It's not even close. Plus Brock's a freak athlete, Punk isn't.

If the UFC wasn't desperate for draws, Punk would have been told to fuck off. I like him but his credentials leave a lot to be desired.

always though I remembered JR saying punk was a coligent wrestler. My memory isnt what it used to be lol.

I didnt even realise that UFC was struggling for draws. I blame the judges, some of the results have been enough to put me off watching

I'm sure I saw somewhere that Punk has actually done quite a bit of competitive sparring with Sonnen as well.

Lots of online chat about him taking on the green power ranger :lol: I think a pillow-fisted fighter with bad wrestling defence is more likely.

Yea I heard that chat about that Power Rangers cunt, I just know how serious the sport is and how hard people train and how long it takes to get to a decent level and I feel Punk is fucking light years away, his age is an issue as well.

It's brought a buzz back to it though, GSP is away, Anderson Silva isn't the same(don't feel he should be coming back). Luckily Jon Bones Jones has a fight coming up but it's deffo went a wee bit stale, that announcement has excited folk although when you pick it apart, he probably wouldn't make it out of the Ultimate Fighter house if he was entered.

Not like Dana to take this approach but it will sell PPV's over there.

always though I remembered JR saying punk was a coligent wrestler. My memory isnt what it used to be lol.

I didnt even realise that UFC was struggling for draws. I blame the judges, some of the results have been enough to put me off watching

Nah, he didn't go to college at all. Just went straight on the independent (pro) wrestling circuit.

Their PPV buys are way down (the whole PPV business is fucked) and they've lost guys like Anderson (although he's coming back), Brock, GSP, Rampage etc and they've been getting fucked with injuries for the past couple of years. They've got some good cards coming up so it should improve though.

Yep, some of the cards have been terrible. I've actually started getting more interested in the boxing cards of late because of it.

Saturday's card was great on paper. They should be having less cards and stacking them like this if they want to sell PPVs.

Hope Bones smashes Cormier!

Yep, some of the cards have been terrible. I've actually started getting more interested in the boxing cards of late because of it.

Saturday's card was great on paper. They should be having less cards and stacking them like this if they want to sell PPVs.

Hope Bones smashes Cormier!

Yeah, when you have 40+ cards a year the overall quality goes way down.

Mon DC!

Agreed, Polo.

I do love the sport but I'll admit to being a snobby bastard and only tuning in when it's a card that suits my taste.

Having one every couple of months or every 3 would benefit us but probably destroy their profits.

Hope Jones smashes fuck outta him.

(tu) spinning elbow to the temple!

He's coming across like a right vagina.

CM Punk has told Rolling Stone that he considers pro wrestling more risky than mixed martial arts.

“I definitely think pro wrestling’s more risky. The pro wrestler’s mentality, and it’s ingrained in them from the start, is you have to work hurt,” Punk told the magazine’s website.

There’s some truth in this, but it is also wholly ignorant of the rigours involved in MMA. Fighting in a cage where somebody is targeting to knock you out is obviously more risky than choreographing a blow in a wrestling ring.

Even outside of the cage, MMA training camps are famed for their physical difficulty. Mike Sempervive of f4wonline has already cast doubt on Punk’s ability to make it through a camp. The intense workouts often involve injury and physical exhaustion.

“If I step in the Octagon and I get knocked out, I don’t gotta keep fighting. If that was pro wrestling, and I slipped and I fell and something happened to me and I got knocked out and I woke up three seconds later, guess what: I gotta finish this match,” Punk added.

WWE aren’t going to be happy with that comment, as it is again undermining their health policy. Again, Punk is a little wrong on this one, as plenty of fighters have been known to fight through injuries. Ignorance like this is sure to annoy the already furious MMA fanbase who see Punk as nothing more than a fake.

Punk stated he was afraid to tell AJ Lee his decision to fight, but added that she’s completely supporting his choice. He also reiterated that he’d never return to WWE, not even for a WrestleMania main event.

In another quote, Punk backed up the idea that WWE is harder by talking about pro wrestler / mixed martial artist King Mo, “He’s been training to be a pro wrestler, and he was like, “Pro wrestling is harder.”

Not a fan of lawler but he would smash Diaz IMO.

In fact I highly dislike lawler for some reason I cant place. Probably his stupid fucking face.

^easy to say from thousands of miles away and protected by anonymity :lol:

Diaz has KO'd him already... although that was years ago. Diaz would out-work him and has decent boxing.

I expect Rory mcdonald to beat lawler in the next title fight but I'll be rooting for robbie.cm punk will be given low level fighters and ha picked opponents being good friends with rener gracie I expect his ground game to be sound but he made a cunt of it.he should have done a full camp before announcing his future