David Healy signs for The Rangers

dc1872

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It said on radio Scotland that it is a deal until the summer but not a loan. It was a free transfer! 6 months deal to see wot he can do......which I feel will be not very much at all but I wish him all the best and hope he proves me and many others wrong.

It said on radio Scotland that it is a deal until the summer but not a loan. It was a free transfer! 6 months deal to see wot he can do......which I feel will be not very much at all but I wish him all the best and hope he proves me and many others wrong.

I 'genuinely think that David Healy will try as fuckin hard for the rangers as I would (and would fuckin do ANYTHING for the rangers) and score plenty of goals

A new face in training might help the boys lift themselves.

It frees up Lafferty and Naismith to play in their best roles (IMO) out wide, which in turn lets Weiss off the leash and gives Smith the chance to put Davis back into the middle.

It's good that one transfer can free up so many options.

Not sure about having Lafferty out wide.

Apologies if repost

LIFELONG Rangers fan David Healy finally clinched his dream move today when he signed with the Light Blues until the end of the season.

The 31-year-old Northern Ireland international star has never hidden his affection for the club and always wanted to play for his boyhood heroes.

Now he has been given the chance after a deal was agreed with Sunderland to bring Healy to Ibrox to bolster Walter Smith's striking options.

It means he will join up with international team mates Kyle Lafferty and Steve Davis as Rangers bid to fight on all fronts in the final four months of the campaign.

Healy was on loan with Doncaster Rovers in latter part of the first half of this season and spent the second half of last season on loan at Ipswich Town.

The striker is Northern Ireland's record goal-scorer with a fantastic 35 strikes in 84 internationals,

And he also set a remarkable record of 13 goals in 11 qualifying games for the 2008 European Championships - the best ever in the history of the competition.

Healy began his career at Old Trafford in 1999 and played twice for the Red Devils. He was initially loaned to Port Vale and then Preston North End and the deal there became a permanent £1.5million agreement in 2000.

Healy did well for Preston but was loaned twice to Norwich City - then bossed by current Northern Ireland manager Nigel Worthington - and then moved to Leeds United for £650,000 in 2004.

He was joint top scorer twice at Elland Road but when Leeds fell out of the Championship in 2007 he moved to Fulham, reportedly for £1.5millon but found it hard to get into the side when Roy Hodgson took over.

Ricky Sbragia took him to Sunderland in 2008 but again when Steve Bruce took over Healy found his chances limited.

Is it a loan deal or what, it's not too clear in this piece?

Guest SandyWATP

You don't score a hat-trick against Spain if you're shite.

Moving to his dream club might just reignite that form. And he won't exactly be up against Puyol and Pique in the SPL.....

Aye, about 18 years ago.

this isnt a signing that is going to get me excited and feel he may be keeping beattie company, but that depends if walter will giv him a run of games and i do know if he will be in front og lafferty in the pecking order.

A new face in training might help the boys lift themselves.

It frees up Lafferty and Naismith to play in their best roles (IMO) out wide, which in turn lets Weiss off the leash and gives Smith the chance to put Davis back into the middle.

It's good that one transfer can free up so many options.

we will see ness and edu in the middle with Davis right and Naismith left when mcculloch is out.

Smith won't play weiss behind 2 strikers.

It's funny, I recall being on here when Davis signed, some posters were equally uninspired, underwhelmed or in some cases hadn't even heard of him!!! I suppose we're off to a better start with Sir David's arrival in that at least no one appears to be in the latter category!?!?

Let me tell you now folks, David Healy is every bit the striker Kenny Miller is...however unlike Miller he'll not jump ship at the first opportunity, when the team needs him most.

Healy's a confidence player. He needs to be playing regularly, in a system that suits his play, and then he will score goals. He's done it against some of the best defenders in the world, so SPL defenders ought to beware.

Welcome home David - live the dream - starting with No. 54 :uk: