For all the Anti Smith fans

SteveJ

Please explain to me why the players on that park today are not the ones deserving the stick for that farse of a game?

I read on here 15 minuted before kick-off that most fans on here would agree with the line-up, so it is not that. Weir was clearly holding the defensive line further up the park than normal, so we were not sitting back.

You can blame Walter Smith all you like guys but these players are mince at the moment.

McGregor: Feck knows what he was doing when he palmed the ball back into the box but thankfully it was not a goal. He should have saved the Commons goal but KC should not have had the shot in the first place.

Weir: Showed his age today and could not cope with Hooper

Bougherra: More interested in getting one over the refereee and the Celtic players than the result

Papac: Far too bloody slow and I cannot wait until he goes

Whittaker: Scared performance

Diouff: Scared on the ball when Brown was present - Brown had him in his back pocket

Naismith: Playing with an injury and useless

Davis: A stint in the reserves might make this guy wake up and realise he is at rangers and not Berwick Rangers

Edu: ........

Bartley: Picking up a booking early on was just stupid and he could not make his presense felt there on in

Jelavic: Absolutely useless. I read a while ago that this guy played his heart out and I let that comment ride but this guy is a liability as a lone striker

Walter Smith: Forced to make the sub on Naismith and took too long to get Diouff off - but should have went attacking at 2-0 down.

All in all, the team were pish but it was a team we guessed would be on the park. No leader on the park and no leader available to Walter Smith.

Whittaker was at fault for their first 2 goals, way too high up the pitch leaving Boogie to cover and Weir exposed, Weir is just a sitting duck, every team knows this now, he's past it and thats that

Walter is supposed to be motivating the team and encouraging them on, giving them belief and pointing them in the right direction; because David Weir isn't doing that.

The players shouldn't need motivating against they gremlins though.

That's easy mate. He's the manager, and the buck stops with him. His tactics are awful, and his use of subs is mindboggling. As for the players not getting stick, have you read the match/aftermatch threads.

The players are getting the blame aswell.

But the management should get the blame for not getting them up for it.

Look at the fenians,everythime they went in for a foul they were winning it, & winding up Rangers players after it etc.

Rangers players lost the ball to easy didn't even try to win it back,just shitebags all of them today.

NEGA FUCKING TIVITY

WS has a mindset of hitting teams on the counter attack.We got played off the pitch for 90 minutes so were are these tactics going to actually pay off.

Fucking pathetic and the sooner you lose your rosy tinteed glasses the better. (tu)

Walter has chose to persist with Weir,we looked at Georgie Welcome and missed his team-mate who is one of the fenians best players.

We should have signed a centre half and Papac hads been nothing more than decent..is that good enough for Rangers?

Everytime Diouf got the ball he was screaming for support,did you see celt*c having a problem with that?

Well, the players definitely do deserve some stick, and they are getting it (Weir and Edu especially), but it isn't one or the other. Both Smith and the players are at fault. Awful all around.

Buck stops with the manager..... end of.

Why oh why does Smith stay up in the stand for 70-80 mins? I can't think of another successful manager that does this, especially when things are not going to plan.

Walter has done that for a long while and it was acceptable when we were winning.

I am looking forward to times without our manager spending that long up there and feel our manager should be on the ground with the players but I am not going to turn against him because of his methods.

What I am saying is that he gets ripped for setting his team up so defensive and when he sets his team up to sit forward, he gets beaten more convincingly and it is still his fault.

If we sacked Walter tomorrow, who would we expect to take the job? I doubt Ally McCoist would take the role, or Durrant, so we would have no caretaker. We would have to look outwith the club and quickly, yet with no money from the bank, we would end up with some fanny from the conference league who thinks FM 2011 experience is all that is required.

Walter has chose to persist with Weir,we looked at Georgie Welcome and missed his team-mate who is one of the fenians best players.

We should have signed a centre half and Papac hads been nothing more than decent..is that good enough for Rangers?

Everytime Diouf got the ball he was screaming for support,did you see celt*c having a problem with that?

In the world of Football Manager 2011 mate, yes, but this is the world of 'we have no fecking money' and in that time, we cannot sign players just because you think we need them.

If we cannot keep our two best goalscorers because each of them wanted £20k a week, how can we afford Kris Commons or any other Celtic target?

when your arguably first choice XI is playing badly, you get on the touchline and fuck them for it. when they go 1-0 down, or 2-0 down, you change it...before half time.

both players and management are equal blame.

I accept this as an argument - BOTH are responsible, not just the management team.