Bougherra!

LegendofCoop

I know we shouldn't really be looking for negatives from tonight....but my point doesn't just relate to tonight.

I think he causes a lot of our problems with his silly long runs. He'd knocked his pan in by the 70th minute and was starting to jump into tackles & lost. His positional sense was poor at times, and Papac & Bartley were sucked in to the middle to make up for him being awol. Also noticed him causing a few probs for the midfield as no one was sure who was to go for the ball. Seemed to just be running around like a headless chicken at times.

I love the big man, but at times I just wish he'd stick to running the back line than trying to do too much!

What does everyone else think? :)

I know we shouldn't really be looking for negatives from tonight....but my point doesn't just relate to tonight.

I think he causes a lot of our problems with his silly long runs. He'd knocked his pan in by the 70th minute and was starting to jump into tackles & lost. His positional sense was poor at times, and Papac & Bartley were sucked in to the middle to make up for him being awol. Also noticed him causing a few probs for the midfield as no one was sure who was to go for the ball. Seemed to just be running around like a headless chicken at times.

I love the big man, but at times I just wish he'd stick to running the back line than trying to do too much!

I said this months ago, and was laughed at :rolleyes:

Drugs?? think you meant cakes

The problem is i think he says himself as one of our best creative players. During his 1st two seasons i felt the same but this season his runs have just not came off for him with it looking bad when he screws up then we have 3-4 players running at our 3 players at most left at the back with him on his arse in there half.

I'd like to see him concentrate more on defending and take the forward runs down a notch, he's became a bit of a reliability in a few games. He kept turning side on when players were coming at him with the ball tonight and got beat every time he did so.

I mentioned in another post that he's starting to remind me of Konterman. They need to rein him in. No way should your centre back be trying to dribble the ball out of his own penalty area. He has been poor this season and IMO that's one of the reasons DW has been exposed. Not the player he was last year.

Glad I'm not the only one who's thinking like this then! :)

To be fair, if we had another mobile CB then Boughie could go on his runs. However, with Weir the way he is, it's just too much of a liability. Stick to going up for corners only big man and our defence might be a bit more settled! ;)

Sure i saw somthing in the Daily Rhebel earlier on the season,Bougherra sayin he was goin tae stop his mazy runs,basicly saying he was knacered as has been playing straight football for past 3-4 years (world cup,african nations etc.)