***The Official Dundee United vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

the problem with diouf against united i believe is the lack of pace, urgency etc shown by diouf

united play at a high tempo all game, we need players like naismith, wylde etc to match this tempo

Sign of the times really, we shouldn't have to change our style based on how they play, it SHOULD be vice versa. :disappointment:

i think that with boughy back it would be good to exploit the fact that whitty can also do a half decent job at CB. both should chop and change and bomb down the right flank while the other covers. with davis starting to show a bit of form down that side as well i think that this could be lethal.

i think that with boughy back it would be good to exploit the fact that whitty can also do a half decent job at CB. both should chop and change and bomb down the right flank while the other covers. with davis starting to show a bit of form down that side as well i think that this could be lethal.

I'd play;

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:Naismith: :davis: :ness: :wylde:

:jelavic: :healy:

Rangers 1-0 Dundee Utd

Jelavic

Not too confident about this one, however, this and the game on Sunday will decide this league, must win games!

Let's do it Rangers, show everyone why we're champions, and will still be come the end of May.

NO SURRENDER!!

This like all other games now is a must win game. The last time we played DU at home we had a chance of going top at Ibrox and blew it. Can we be better this time? Sure hope so. We need an up tempo game. Go hard at them from the very start. That to me means players with pace and urgency.

Diouf is too slow and soft. Lafferty is so bad at times. Edu has been horrible. Wylde has been awful recently. Foster is not good enough and Papac has been far too casual. Yet our squad is limited.

My team then would be McGregor, Whittaker, Bougherra, Weir, Papac, Naismith, Davis, Hutton, Ness, Lafferty and Jelavic.

Rangers simply must win. No excuses.

Drop any points here and the league is as good as Celtic's to lose.

:mcgregor:

:whittaker::bougherra::weir::papac:

:Naismith::davis::ness::lafferty:

:diouf:

:jelavic:

Any winning X1 will do me but a 4-2-3-1 with the usual back four, Ness and Hutton behind Naismith, Davis and Wlyde and the big man leading the line would be my preferred line-up. Alexander, Diouf, Healy, Lafferty, Kerkar, Edu and Foster on the bench or if not available anyone else we have............if we have anyone else.

If the last few games are anything to go by, then this is going to be gruesome to watch.

If Rangers do take the lead, they'll sit back, and back...and back until the 90 minutes are up.

I hope they prove me wrong.

Edu, Foster and Lafferty, 3 players who aren't good enough to play for Rangers imo, shouldn't start but it's a cert at least 2 of them will :disappointment:

Who would u play in there place?

Absolutely anyone (including Neil Alexander) before Edu.

Whittaker at RB with Bougie back at CB.

Wylde wide left with Healy up front.

If the last few games are anything to go by, then this is going to be gruesome to watch.

If Rangers do take the lead, they'll sit back, and back...and back until the 90 minutes are up.

I hope they prove me wrong.

I said to the taxi driver who took me to the game yesterday that we would, no doubt, be nervously holding onto a 2-1 lead or something in the 90th minute and I was correct. Embarrasing when at home to St Mirren.

Away to a decent Dundee Utd side I will, in a way, happily watch us defend a 2-1 lead in 90 mins. Its better than chasing a win or a draw in 90 mins.