The Times ready to attack Union Flag display...

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think his angle is 'you're not doing it out of British pride, you're doing it to get a reaction from Celtic, which you shouldn't do due to the week Lennon's had'.

Why do these journalist's think that everything we do is to annoy lennon or celtic, the world doesn't revolve around them.

why the fuck would we be doing this to get a reaction from c***ic??

does this wank not think we have our own history and traditions?

we live in Britain!!

more to the point,so fuckin what if we were doing it to wind them up,is that not what rival fans do.

this is beyond a fuckin joke.

Ludicrous argument and the club should be going after this journalist for that description.

They can't have it both ways - if Celtic's Irish theme park antics and their songs about "freedom" are simply an expression of their cultural identity then to complain about the British flag being waved at Ibrox is utterly ridiculous

Unbelievable, they can't have a go at us for sectarian singing so they have to have a moan at something else. How the fuck can you complain about our national flag ffs. Good to see that the club dismissed this nonsense.

This is unbelievable . When did waving the nations flag become offensive . Why wasnt he as upset about the irish flags being waved at the same game .I suppose though it is open season for all things anti-rangers . the sooner the takeover happens and we have someone to (hopefully) defend us against such allegations the better .

plus i liked the bit at the end

" so thas one manager driven away "

suggesting smith would stay on if it wasnt for this sectarian talk . These prcks cant be allowed to get away with this nonsense

FUCK ME what next the seats in the stands-there blue that must be bigoted.

Theyve got banners with some piss not in English on it,tri colours now thats not on the tims top is it,they can sing about the IRA what the fuck have they got todo with them eh? thats right fuck all.

We get the flags of our country wave them about and this twat jumps on the band wagon and has a go at our great club well the prick can fuck off and NO SURRENDER ya bass :uk::uk::uk::uk::uk::uk::uk::uk::uk::uk::uk::uk::uk:

Dunno if it's been mentioned but it's worth considering the ban on national flags that happened at Arsenals ground (was that lifted?).

If it can happen there it can definitely happen here so be ready to fight this together as one Bears.

Clearly we should have lay down to celt*c as someone threatened to kill their manager,that's really the way his arguments panning out if waving the flags are insensitive.

So taking a point from the match must make us a disgusting club given the circumstances.

Anyone get any replies from the paper?

I've been working then had the wee fella so not up to speed.

Absolutely shocking article! I proudly waved my flag at the ground on Sunday. I didn't realise I was making a religious statement and saying I wanted to bomb someone!

How stupid of me to believe I was showing support for MY team and pride in MY country!

Does the Union Jack not represent all British citizens whether Protestant, Catholic, Muslim, etc etc? Are we not allowed to have pride in the flag of OUR country?

It's idiots like the author of this apparent piece of journalism that creates issues where there are none.

Absolutely shocking article! I proudly waved my flag at the ground on Sunday. I didn't realise I was making a religious statement and saying I wanted to bomb someone!

How stupid of me to believe I was showing support for MY team and pride in MY country!

Does the Union Jack not represent all British citizens whether Protestant, Catholic, Muslim, etc etc? Are we not allowed to have pride in the flag of OUR country?

It's idiots like the author of this apparent piece of journalism that creates issues where there are none.

Good first post. Keep them coming.