The Times ready to attack Union Flag display...

I asked him what the difference was between us waving Union Jacks, and Barcelona waving the Catalan flag, noting that both clubs were proud of their respective national identities.

He replied that he thought it was different because nobody had just tried to kill a football manager....

Christ, you'd think the way some of the mhedia are spinning this that Walter posted the fucking thing himself. When will they get it into their thick skulls that these bombs had fuck all to do with Rangers FC.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That guy is a tit.

It isnt a union "jack" its a union "flag".

it's not a crime to wave a union flag.

also, there were union flag's on alot of our merchandise in the past few seasons....maybe he'd do better to look into it.

I asked him what the difference was between us waving Union Jacks, and Barcelona waving the Catalan flag, noting that both clubs were proud of their respective national identities.

He replied that he thought it was different because nobody had just tried to kill a football manager....

Was this letter bomb wrapped in a union flag? Where's the evidence linking it to rangers or a union flag in any way?

Since when was waving a union flag the same as sending a letter bomb, this guy has dug a hole he can't get out of. His response to your question is totally irrelevant

That guy is a tit.

It isnt a union "jack" its a union "flag".

it's not a crime to wave a union flag.

also, there were union flag's on alot of our merchandise in the past few seasons....maybe he'd do better to look into it.

your signature was said by a top Journalist down south, maybe an email to him an expose the bull shit we are having to put up with here.

You see, you need to get a clue and so many in our club need to get a clue.

The Rangers is a British football club and is proud of it. A club which is proud to be British having its fans waving the Union flag shocker. It truly is amazing how people can knock that.

unless i'm mistaken, Rangers play in Scotland, no? yes Scotland may be part of the UK but we are a country in our own right, and i happen to be a Nationalist and would prefer to see us showing our countries flag flown.

unless i'm mistaken, Rangers play in Scotland, no? yes Scotland may be part of the UK but we are a country in our own right, and i happen to be a Nationalist and would prefer to see us showing our countries flag flown.

Just because you are a nationalist doesent mean we all are, you are more than welcome to fly the saltire if you want.

no one is holding you back.

It's a personal choice, but in the eyes of everything/everyone that matters, Scotland is no more of a country outright than West Dumbartonshire, Lanarkshire etc. The country is Britain. Not Scotland.

Check your passport. It doesn't say Scottish.

However, as I said - it's a personal choice.

If you want to class yourself as Scottish that's upto you. I'm British. A proud Brit from Scotland.

We have to even get special dispensation from FIFA to operate our own league assosciation's and have a national team compete in football for God sake.

I'm proud to be a Scot, but my nationality is British (tu)

This is the most obviously bias story I have ever seen in my entire life. It infuriates me that nobody at our club is going to defend ourselves against such an outrageous article. Bain or Johnston should be releasing a statement absolutley bollocking that "journalist" and demanding an apology. How a British newspaper can claim, on the week of a royal wedding, that union flags are suddenly a sectarian symbol while overlooking the tri-colour displays by our holier than thou counterparts is beyond me.

I personally would class myself as Scottish and would like to see more saltires at Ibroc but I am still proud of Rangers long ties with Britain and Scotland and our traditions as 'the quintessential British club' and would be proud to wave the union jack at a Rangers game as a symbol of Rangers more than anything else.

You see it's comments and thoughts like these that cause the problem.

Now the whole incident has been turned into attempted murder, AFAIK the polis have never said the package was capable of killing anyone,threatening yes, harming yes but killing no.

It's the classic method of bad jouno's and handwringers, take a story and twist it to suit the purpose

Your kind of missing the point though, I would rather fly the saltire but see no reason why people cant fly the union flag, because like or not we are part of the union at this moment in time.

And if it was all saltires flying about at Ibrox, those same journos would still find fault with that.

So, let's get this straight...

Union Jack: flag of the kingdom we currently reside in - bad.

Irish Tricolour - flag of a nation whose terrorists have murdered hundreds of our people = good.

That's the last semblance of any respect I had for the Times gone if they run with that tomorrow.

Exactly - no double standards in that piece of tripe, are there? That article is so transparently insipid and biased it's amazing it would ever be taken seriously by anyone; no small wonder he was scoffed at when bringing the matter up with the club. Whit a scoobied rocket.

I'm sure there's a post earlier in this thread showing the Bears holding the Union flag and the Saltire.

I see the idiot has said the Union flag has no place in football, so is it just the Union flag or all flags?

Do we ban them at the Olympics?

Why did you not take a flag along with you then. ?

When did I back down to boss, and what has that got to do with anything? I've got an opinion on most things, as I'm sure others will tell you.

You weren't included in the dig I was having at other Rangers men! (tu)

The takeover thread but as Boss has openly stated he never seen it that way, I shall shut my gob.

Yet another dig at the end though eh? I wish I was as clever as you think you are.

Is this reporter not being prejudist against scots who have a british identity, or is it a case of when we are playing the scum we have to pander to everything that some moron would find offensive, in the same way why not condemn the irish fans or scots who have never been to ireland and feel the need to wave the tri colour, im as confused as the reporter it seems, i wonder if he will cover the royal wedding and cast his badly formed opinions when that time arises or is it just scots he has an issue with in general having a connection to the union, seriously weird article.

If we commented on the tri colour in that way we would be slammed from every angle twice over, this is the kind of thing that needs mentioned on the news and the sports channel as im sure there would be many many more outraged at this piece

It's a personal choice, but in the eyes of everything/everyone that matters, Scotland is no more of a country outright than West Dumbartonshire, Lanarkshire etc. The country is Britain. Not Scotland.

Check your passport. It doesn't say Scottish.

However, as I said - it's a personal choice.

If you want to class yourself as Scottish that's upto you. I'm British. A proud Brit from Scotland.

We have to even get special dispensation from FIFA to operate our own league assosciation's and have a national team compete in football for God sake.

I'm proud to be a Scot, but my nationality is British (tu)

this (tu)