Mark Wilson lol

simon

Scotland defender Mark Wilson insists Celtic were not to blame for setting the tone for a highly-controversial season in Scottish football.

Rangers' Walter Smith was quoted as saying that it went downhill after Celtic challenged refereeing decisions.

Wilson was "disappointed" if Smith felt compelled to make the comments after ending his reign as Ibrox boss.

"I don't think he should be pointing the finger at any club," the defender said of the title-winning manager.

The 63-year-old Smith was quoted as saying he was glad to be leaving Scottish football after securing his 10th title with Rangers.

Wilson thought it was unnecessary to suggest that Celtic's contentious relationship with match officials and the Scottish Football Association overshadowed the whole season.

"If I won the league, I'd just be delighted my team had won the league instead of having a parting shot," said the full-back, whose side missed out on the title by a point.

It was the referees' problem. We were right to defend ourselves in the way we did

Celtic had a penalty controversially rescinded in their 2-1 win over Dundee United on 17 October and referee Dougie McDonald subsequently admitted lying to the Glasgow side's manager, Neil Lennon, and resigned.

Scottish officials were subject to heightened scrutiny and, in November, they opted to strike, upset at questions over their honesty and integrity.

Scotland's First Minister, Alex Salmond, called a summit with the Old Firm clubs and police in light of trouble surrounding a controversial Glasgow derby on 2 March and announced increased funding to tackle sectarianism.

Lennon, in his first full season in charge of Celtic, and two prominent fans were targeted by parcel bombs and the manager required heightened personal security as a result of death threats.

Controversy continued in the final days of the season when Lennon was attacked on the touchline by a fan during Celtic's win over Hearts at Tynecastle.

Wilson felt it was unfair for Celtic, who also successfully challenged a touchline ban on Lennon, to be deemed culpable for such events.

"It was the referees' problem," said Wilson, who will miss Scotland's forthcoming Carling Nations Cup games through injury.

"It's just unfortunate that it was our club at the centre of it.

"We were right to defend ourselves in the way we did.

"When you look back to it - I think Walter Smith will agree, everybody will agree - a referee lost his job for lying to the manager at Tannadice.

"That's what kicked it off and it went on from there with the referees' strike."

The Scotland international agrees the controversy surrounding referees would have been best avoided but believes Smith is wrong to lay the blame at Celtic's door.

"It was a poor part of the season, no doubt," he added. "We didn't like it, as much as any other team in the league didn't like it.

"Every club and manager is critical of referees when they feel they've got a point.

"I just feel the evidence has come out now that we were in the right at that time."

Haven't seen it posted yet. What a fanny.

"If I won the league, I'd just be delighted my team had won the league instead of having a parting shot"

A) You didn't win the league, so shut it.

B) That's fucking bull shit :lol:

C) The Rangers won the league.

"If I won the league, I'd just be delighted my team had won the league instead of having a parting shot,"

That's because you and your scummy club got your shots in early before you had a chance of winning it.

Who is he to take the moral hih ground anyway ?

Diving cunt.

Aye, right you are Mark :lol:

Celtic Supporters Question & Answer Session in Dundee on 25th July 2010With Peter Lawwell & Neil Lennon

Quote provided by Celtic Talk, The Home of Celtic FC Discussion

This quote from Neil Lennon was given more than two weeks before the football season has even started.

Question: Now that Rangers are in a bit more trouble than last season and given that the amount of "honest mistakes" that happened last season from the referees, will we do anything to combat the inevitable "honest mistakes" that will go against us this season?

Neil Lennon: Do you not remember me getting in Stewart Dougals face? I want to create a siege mentality, us against them, we are anti-establishment!

http://ifyouknowtheirhistory.blogspot.com/2010/10/celtic-manager-neil-lennon-targeted.html

I saw his interview on the STV news, there was a certain air of tragedy about it.

Gerry McCullough asked him why their support should renew their season tickets and he said 'you saw the stadium on Sunday. Even when Rangers were 4-0 up, they were all singing and dancing. You wouldn't get that anywhere else.'

Effectively, he's saying Celtic welcome deluded muppets who celebrate abject failure. Hilarious!

the funny thing is that they single digit IQ'd mongos that inhabit the piggery will no doubt lap this up and buy their ST's by the truck load

then when coisty has the measure of lennon next season it will be more of the same pish about tainted titles, biased refereeing etc etc

and again next year they mongo's will lap it up :lol: