Tomer Hemed

paul1964

Dont know what to make of this facebook page but it seems to me he is staying where he is. hope not

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tomer-Hemed/123554271023966

Of course the fan running the page is going to say "Tomer stay at Maccabi Haifa". I would counter that by asking them why he hasn't signed a new contract yet? :sherlock:

Israeli cup semi finals from a few weeks ago. Hemed scored the first goal for his team (no. 21, green). Amazing header. Also made the pass (maybe unintentionally) for the second goal. Just thought it's a goal worth watching..

BTW, there are very nice players playing there, such as south africa's NT left back peter masilela (those of you who play football anager probably know the name), who's due to leave the team for the next level (for me, he is right now one of the best left backs there are in a position with very little talent worldwide - fast, strong, accurate and has nice tecnical ability to go with it - can play at any level really). He's played for my team for a few years now, has had the highest assist numbers in the team almost every season, and i wish him all the best.

defensive moments:

some offensive highlights:

Tomer Hemed's agent has urged Rangers to decide quickly if they would like to sign the Israel international striker.

The 24-year-old marksman is also attracting interest from Serie A with both Cagliari and Bologna looking to bring him to Italy.

Hemed won his first cap for his country against Latvia at the weekend and scored goals for fun for Maccabi Haifa last season.

Scouts

Ibrox scouts were reportedly in attendance to see Hemed's international debut at the weekend where he set up a goal for Yossi Benayoun.

Hemed is available on a free transfer as his contract expires at the end of the month and agent Yossi Gaier has urged Rangers to make their move sooner rather than later.

"I'm waiting for a call about the plans of Rangers," explained Gaier.

"Cagliari and Bologna are interested so clubs will have to make up their minds quickly."

Already a thread on the guy but this is the latest. If he's on a free we should take a chance I reckon.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6967870,00.html?

Tomer Hemed's agent has urged Rangers to decide quickly if they would like to sign the Israel international striker.

The 24-year-old marksman is also attracting interest from Serie A with both Cagliari and Bologna looking to bring him to Italy.

Hemed won his first cap for his country against Latvia at the weekend and scored goals for fun for Maccabi Haifa last season.

Scouts

Ibrox scouts were reportedly in attendance to see Hemed's international debut at the weekend where he set up a goal for Yossi Benayoun.

Hemed is available on a free transfer as his contract expires at the end of the month and agent Yossi Gaier has urged Rangers to make their move sooner rather than later.

"I'm waiting for a call about the plans of Rangers," explained Gaier.

"Cagliari and Bologna are interested so clubs will have to make up their minds quickly."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6967870,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Is he any better than Lafferty, Beattie and Healy?

Well let's see:

- Beattie's pish

- Healy's pish (and as it stands he's not a Rangers player)

- Lafferty has never scored in an Old Firm game, has never scored in Europe, and in 3 years of playing for Rangers hasn't even been close to scoring 20 goals in one SPL season.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say Hemed is probably better than those three players but in all honesty, it wouldn't be hard (tu)

There's doubts over Lafferty's ability to do it over a full season (or in big games IMO). People either don't want Goodwillie because 'he's a ned' or the ongoing rape case against him. If Lafferty or Jelavic get injured Beattie would need to come in as he's our only other striker (as it stands). This Hemed lad is attracting attention from Serie A, he'll be on a free transfer, he's exactly the type of player we should be trying to land not the likes of James 'when did I last score a goal' Beattie.

There's doubts over Lafferty's ability to do it over a full season (or in big games IMO). People either don't want Goodwillie because 'he's a ned' or the ongoing rape case against him. If Lafferty or Jelavic get injured Beattie would need to come in as he's our only other striker (as it stands). This Hemed lad is attracting attention from Serie A, he'll be on a free transfer, he's exactly the type of player we should be trying to land not the likes of James 'when did I last score a goal' Beattie.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say Hemed is probably better than those three players

So you've never seen him play yet can say that he's exactly the type of player we need based on the fact he's getting attention from Serie A and is available for free?

Looks good on YouTube, which doesn't count for much. Although he looks strong and powerful in the air, two good feet with an eye for goal.

Ditch Healy, move on Beattie and get another striker or two in!

If we are interested in him, then it's time to get our finger out - maybe we have already acted!? I wouldn't believe a word printed by the gutter press.

LOL come on guys, take a step back and consider that these words are coming from the mouth of the players agent. It's his job to generate interest and get clubs making offers as soon as possible!

Sounds like you are the type of people who are rushing to DFS Sofas "while stock lasts".

We don't know for certain that Rangers should be signing him ASAP, perhaps we are weighing up our options, it's only the start of the summer after all.

So you've never seen him play yet can say that he's exactly the type of player we need based on the fact he's getting attention from Serie A and is available for free?

Firstly, When did I ever say I have never seen Hemed play?

I said Healy and Beattie are pish (which they are). Not that it matters in Healy's case as he's no longer contracted to Rangers. Beattie is just a complete joke of a player and probably Walter's worst signing since coming back to Rangers. Rather than spend money on 34 year old dud strikers who are injured, unfit and out of form I'd rather Rangers brought in up and coming players who are younger, fully fit, scoring goals and attracting attention from one of the biggest leagues in the world. (tu)