Bothroyd and Given to Celtic ?

Exactly, there's no way they can sustain their current level of spending, never mind bringing in guys with very little sell-on value on huge contracts. I hope they do right enough, because the shit will very much hit the fan soon and they will find themselves in big trouble.

Indeed, how they can even think about this level of wage without champions league football in 3 years is beyond me!

Exactly, there's no way they can sustain their current level of spending, never mind bringing in guys with very little sell-on value on huge contracts. I hope they do right enough, because the shit will very much hit the fan soon and they will find themselves in big trouble.

their spending is a myth . their net spend over the summer was next to nothing . they have spent within their means are still have a biscuit tin mentality.

Have said it for ages that they will sign shay given this year.

Every year they feel the need to sign a hasbeen player (ljungberg, jobbie keane, roy keane, thomas graversen(sp?)) because when they do their fans are so stupid they believe all the hype.

given will go to them IMO because he is one of the unwashed mob, and i'm glad - hes shite!

TBH couldnt give a fuck if they sign Given.He WAS good but how good he is now is anyone's guess.A loan move doesnt make sense since City would have to buy a back up and we have already heard what Mancini thinks about the SPL.Fuck knows what he earns but it will be big and if the dhims want to spend megabucks on a goalie who may turn out to be close to finished then all the better for us.

their spending is a myth . their net spend over the summer was next to nothing . they have spent within their means are still have a biscuit tin mentality.

Net spend might have been next to nothing but with a squad of over 25 players, their wage bill would have been high. Guys like Ljubgberg, Brown, Commons and Samaras will be on roughly 20k each so there's no doubt they are spending. It's just hilarious that they are spending it on such rubbish!

I'd love Celtic to spunk their big wages on a 35 yr old goalie

GK is different from being outfield, their reactions decrease with age and given was brilliant 5 yrs ago , the last 2 yrs he has been average when he has played

Please let this happen as he will be out injured half the season

Oh , and give Freddie L a contract again please

city will probably only loan him out unless they spunk mega money on another keeper

Nah, Mancini doesn't like the SPL :rolleyes:

I'd be pissed if they got Given on loan and they didn't let us have Weiss for another season. You could argue the age difference, but I don't see a future at City for Weiss.

Given's a top keeper. Surprised at those who think otherwise.

Only reason he's been kept out of the team as they have a top keeper in Joe Hart and want to play him so he can fulfil his potential.

Would be pretty annoyed if they signed him.

Bothroyd, ah who cares another striker who will cause unrest due to others being dropped.

Givens a great shot stopper, but the rest of his game is quite weak.

That's why he played for Newcastle for the best part of a decade and why he was quickly ousted as Man City's number 1.

(tu)

I'm sure we've talked about this before.

He's especially weak at commanding his area.

Givens a great shot stopper, but the rest of his game is quite weak.

That's why he played for Newcastle for the best part of a decade and why he was quickly ousted as Man City's number 1.

Exactly. He does not seem as if he is able to organsise the back four and get his point across.

Jay Bothroyd would be a good signing though.

This whole thing about them spending loads is definitely a myth.

They may have signed quite a bit, but didn't actually spend that much. Did someone on here not calculate it at 10M? They got that on McGeady alone ffs. Given would be a good signing. They won't have Lurch next season so it's just basically a like-for-like signing. Bothroyd, I've never really seen, so can't comment.

I'd imagine they'll be shifting a decent number of players out this summer too.