*** Wimbledon 2011 Thread ***

Jordo

Yeah, I'm not a subscriber to the theory that the English media only call him British when he's winning.

It's nonsense.

Murray really needs to find his rythym again. A good love-service game will help.

I used to think that as well

But last year I was on holiday during Wimbledon and had the English Sun the day before his last match and the day after and the difference was pretty funny

I used to think that as well

But last year I was on holiday during Wimbledon and had the English Sun the day before his last match and the day after and the difference was pretty funny

I dunno, I don't think it's as blatant as it's made out to be.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a difference, though, but I think that's just the nature of the British press. Rangers are always built up for a promising campaign in Europe and are then often shot down the following day by the papers.

Crowd are fucking shite today. Need to try and help Murray out a bit. Not doubt more snobby uptights in the crowd today compared to the matches I was at earlier in the week.

wasnt that when henman was british number 1 they got right behind him.and murray has achieved far more than that cunt already

Why is everyone saying Murray being a bottler? Nadal is absolutely incredible and is likely to over take Federer in grand slam victories at some point. Murray is a top player, but Nadal is better.

Why is everyone saying Murray being a bottler? Nadal is absolutely incredible and is likely to over take Federer in grand slam victories at some point. Murray is a top player, but Nadal is better.

The "he's not trying as hard as Nadal" remark is just rubbish. If anything Murray wants it more than anyone !

I feel sorry for the guy, he's trying everything ! Half way through the 4th set Nadal had made 7 unforced errors, that's unbelievable, you just can't compete with that.

Murray was on top until he missed that easy forehand early in the 2nd. He knows he should've got that and hasn't been the same since. He has bottled it from that point on.

Exactly. This isn't a case of two players playing to their best abilities and one simply being better. Nadal is brilliant but Murray had the upper hand, and the stats in the second half of the 2nd set and the entire 3rd show that Murray was defeating himself as much as Nadal was. Unless he has developed an injury that wasn't there in the first set, I can see no possible explanation for having a first serve percentage below 50%, as Murray did at one point in the 3rd, apart from bottling it.

He looked so focused too.