Are We Signing Players For Too Long?

I'd agree on McGregor, even though a 6 year contract is quite rare, it's great for us.

Whittaker 5 years & Davis 5 years? Really?

I mean they are both good players but in 5 years I'd like to see some new players in and around Ibrox. Surprising that Whittaker would sign for 5 years considering what has been reported.

I think 3 years would have been fine for both.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye but is not really a year shorter i.e. 5 & 4 years as they can talk to clubs, well you know the score. :rolleyes: and as we've seen with Goodwillie it give us the ability to set a decent fee if a club wants them. :thumbup: it also saves us the hassle of going through all of this again in 2 or 3 years.

Not having a go at the club at all.

They have done well signing them up. I do worry about the wages though. I'm glad we have signed them up. I just think Whittaker on a 5 year deal is too much, given that he is probably on 20k a week or something, i've rather not have commited to paying a player over 1 million for the next 5 years.

Contracts don't really mean much.

We have basically guaranteed a good transfer fee should any of these players leave in the future.

To be honest, I think it's the main reason we have given these players such long contracts. I can't see them staying for 5 years.

Regardless of the personalities involved, what has been killing us recently has been losing players for peanuts/free. We need to have a long term plan in place to allow us to take advantage of the transfer market when it suits us.

The only downside to it is if the manager continually buys shite players who then need tp be paid off or sit in the stands draining the finances. A difficult balance to find, but fingers crossed that it works out.

I'd agree on McGregor, even though a 6 year contract is quite rare, it's great for us.

Whittaker 5 years & Davis 5 years? Really?

I mean they are both good players but in 5 years I'd like to see some new players in and around Ibrox. Surprising that Whittaker would sign for 5 years considering what has been reported.

I think 3 years would have been fine for both.

Looking at the age of the players being given the lengthy contracts, you do make a good point.

However, we all know contracts don't really mean fuck all nowadays, so if anything, it'll get us a decent fee if any of them decide to move on at a later stage in their careers.

Do you think, given McGregor's age, he'll be here permanently, or forever?

Oh ffs doh:lol:

The club cant win!

:anguish:

These long term deals protect the club believe it or not. All players coming into their prime. Naisy, Davis, Greegs and Whitts.

Brilliant business.

very happy we got 2 players signed we need davo signed now