Clement

papaguy51

Now, I know a LOT of people hate his guts because of what happened after PLG left, but I ask you to just look at his playing merits before answering this thread.

Do we miss Clement in our midfield?

Im of the opinion we do. I thought he was a class act and was showing potential to (and I home I'm not exaggerating) go on to become a £8,9,10million pound player. Thought the guy was class, he was like a fast, skillful, sharper version of Hemdani.

Wish he was still here tbh. Let the Papaguy bashing begin :lol:

Honestly think we have a better player in Thomson and in time he will prove that.

Clement was good, sometimes he was nowhere to be seen and others he stood out. So in that case I say, no we dont miss him. Also seem's pretty injury prone.

Absolutely and uttely not. I still never saw what everyone else was crowing about regarding him, and was thrilled when he f*cked off.

He's a memory, and not a nice one.

I was glad when he left. No real pace, despite working reasonably hard. Never once saw a penetrating pass from him, nor did I see him beat a man. He was tidy in possession but nothing more - and Hemdani always looks like he has that little bit more composure as well.

I find it astounding that people were talking about him being worth £4 or £5 million - he reminded me of Bob Malcolm. I am convinced that if Clement had been Scottish he would have been hounded out of the team - that he was young, French and rated by PLG seemed to give him an air of invincibility. When we went on a bad run of results, he was injured and didnt contribute when he came back, so he was not the main man in that midfield.

evens

still think we should have held out for more money for him.

Agreed. We got F all for him. He was on a 3 year contract and would could've easily kept him until the end of the season.

We let go of a quality player for 700k when we could've kept him for a year at least then sold him for £2m+.

Then we spent £2m on Thomson ffs.

I was glad when he left. No real pace, despite working reasonably hard. Never once saw a penetrating pass from him, nor did I see him beat a man. He was tidy in possession but nothing more - and Hemdani always looks like he has that little bit more composure as well.

I find it astounding that people were talking about him being worth £4 or £5 million - he reminded me of Bob Malcolm. I am convinced that if Clement had been Scottish he would have been hounded out of the team - that he was young, French and rated by PLG seemed to give him an air of invincibility. When we went on a bad run of results, he was injured and didnt contribute when he came back, so he was not the main man in that midfield.

evens

He was rated by people other than PLG...hence he was the French U21 captain.

Miss what exactly? His solid defensive displays? His slide rule passing? Abundance of goals and shots on target? His ability to grab his team mates by the scruff when the chips were down?

Well lets look at the evidence.... Since Clement left we have dropped how many ??? 4 points, we have yet to lose in the league, we have out performed the champions elect and the guy playing in his position has picked up the clubs POTY award.....

No we don't miss him, the guy didn't want to play for the club he wanted to play for the departed manager ... glad he went so quickly

The best of a bad lot (PLG's signings) and no great loss to the team as results prove.

An average player with a very poor character.

(tu)

Well lets look at the evidence.... Since Clement left we have dropped how many ??? 4 points, we have yet to lose in the league, we have out performed the champions elect and the guy playing in his position has picked up the clubs POTY award.....

No we don't miss him, the guy didn't want to play for the club he wanted to play for the departed manager ... glad he went so quickly

(tu)