Murray Davidson

Broxi1872

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St Johnstone have signed Sandaza today.

I would think his wages would be a bit pricey for a club with little or no money to spend.

Perhaps they are banking on a player leaving in the next few days to make up the deficit ;)

Would you take Davidson at The Rangers. I don't see were he fits in tbh.

Is he better than what we have already IMO he is not

Dont forget 400k for Miller and 400k for Raul Rodriguez!

Exactly, Mr Whyte has stepped up to the plate, its now time to convert some of those targets to confirmed signings. (tu)

that's roughly £10m!

although, can we count Miller and Rodriguez, because the money from them will have went into/come from the Goian/Goodwillie bids ;)

still about £10m, you can't deny Whyte is willing to spend

Would you take Davidson at The Rangers. I don't see were he fits in tbh.

Is he better than what we have already IMO he is not

I dont think he is better than what we have but i think he is a different type of player a bit more attacking than what he have got. Has potential and adds some depth aswell

i just don't understand this bid..he is a central midfielder, an area where we have the best in the country (davis) two internationals in jig and edu, and up and comers in the likes of ness, hutton, bendikson..add this to the fact that bedoya plays centrally as well as wide, and it would appear we have more than ample cover...i would have thought a left side midfielder was more pressing..

IMO Davidson is one for the future and unless ally plans to buy 2 more CB's, a striker, and another wide man, PLUS Davidson, OR gets rid of EDU, it would seem an odd buy

I can't believe that anyone who has watched the team over the last year or so thinks that we don't need to strengthen in central midfield. Other than Davis we have players who are either always injured or not good enough

I can't believe that anyone who has watched the team over the last year or so thinks that we don't need to strengthen in central midfield. Other than Davis we have players who are either always injured or not good enough

Agree a weak area of our team i still want a couple of midfielders in.

I dont think he is better than what we have but i think he is a different type of player a bit more attacking than what he have got. Has potential and adds some depth aswell

He's better than McCulloch and Hutton.

It is mental that we can sign an experienced centre half from Italy, who has played for his country for £500k, but should we want to buy a player who plays for a mid-lower table SPL side we have to stump up almost as much to sign him.

Wouldn't go past about 350k for Davidson, even though i think he is a decent player.

if we want to buy Verhoek and Goodwillie then Davidson is all we're going to get if at all. Goodwillie and Verhoek would be about £4.5m between them, with Cuellar still on at £2m also and the purchases we've already made, I doubt we have enough for a proper, expensive CM

if we want to buy Verhoek and Goodwillie then Davidson is all we're going to get if at all. Goodwillie and Verhoek would be about £4.5m between them, with Cuellar still on at £2m also and the purchases we've already made, I doubt we have enough for a proper, expensive CM

Remember we might get Bedoya nearer the end of the window as well mate :)

On topic though, would love to see him in a Rangers jersey, can only improve, great player, pay the money!

Someone made a thread outlining our current bids and outlay so far. Adding that 4.5 million would take it to 14/15 million.

Like you said it doesnt look likely they're will be anymore big money signings after that.

We need a classy centre mid to compliemnt Davo, is Davidson that man? Is he any better than Edu or Mcculloch, indeed is he better than Hutton or Ness? <cr>If he wasnt Scottish, i doubt we would be after him tbh.

Ive not see enough of Davidson to make a proper opinion but when the likes of McCarthy, McArthur, Snodgrass and especially Dorrans went to England we would all have probably been on here saying the same things, there not good enough for Rangers, we should be looking elswhere etc and we would all love Dorrans at Ibrox now. It is a risk worth taking IMO as when they go down south they never come back to Scotland.