Murray Davidson

Broxi1872

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muff you know Aly's not going to punt Lee.

I agree with the other posters, I'd rather Aly let Hutton or Ness play instead of signing Davidson.

Problem is that Ness would have to be fit to play and that seems to happen pretty infrequently. Not really convinced that Hutton is ready to be be Davis' regular partner. We really need add someone ready to fill the role. Wouldn't be against bringing in Davidson for potential but we still need someone else.

Mclachan

Spot on . I just don't understand why he is looking at this guy , we have 4-5 youngsters who are better than him now .........

Who and based on what?

Davidson was a stand out for Livingston in the First Division and has been good for St Johnstone as well, has played over 100 1st team games as well!

Im not saying thats a reason we should sign him, we need a defensive CM to dictate the play and allow Davis to roam, i just dont know how you can say we have 4-5 youngsters who are better than him...

Davidson - like Wallace, expensive squad filler - I find it amazing we rate these guys over and above our youth aswell as the fact we don't seem to think there's people out there on free's and smaller fee's that can't do a better job than them.

I'll trust Ally has good reasons - but until the quality comes in, it's had not to critisise the quantity.

Aye its amazing!

Harder when you dont have a search filter or that like you do when playing Football Manager though...

If there are so many players out there on free's and smaller fee's then why are other teams not signing them? Where are they all?

Who and based on what?

Davidson was a stand out for Livingston in the First Division and has been good for St Johnstone as well, has played over 100 1st team games as well!

Im not saying thats a reason we should sign him, we need a defensive CM to dictate the play and allow Davis to roam, i just dont know how you can say we have 4-5 youngsters who are better than him...

Again before signing anyone. Hutton should be goiven a run to show his qaulities at being the defensive midfield player. I hapen to think he would be a success for the team in that position.

I knwo the Manu U game was just one game, but, what a game to come and play in and play well.

Other teams are signing them?!?!

Hemed - Free

Danns - Free

Conway - Free

vaughan - Free

There's 4 we could have got and failed to do so. (if you come back with , they wages were too high, I'll point out that wallaces fee would have paid any of those players wages for 2 years.

Youy say there's no such thing as a search filter - like I was refering to Football Manager? - There is infact lists produced by each league of Bosmans/Free-Agents. There is also lists from Agents. Daily faxes of players offered.

So i fail to see why it's so difficult to find cheaper players when first of all you have a team to check these out and also when it's your job.

There's thousands of free's every year and if you're argueing there's none better than Wallace or Davidson you're kidding yourself on mate.

Plenty of time to go in the Transfer window and I trust Ally - but when I look at Wallace and Davidson - it's not for value nor ability that i see them being signed for, I can only assume Ally thinks they're good guys and they'll work well for him, a couple of comfort-blanket signings because neither of them are good enough to nor should be playing for Rangers 1st 11.

If that's our idea of pushing for the title, it won't be going our way.

I.A.W.T

When i said where are they i was saying it in regards to signing free agents or cheap players...all you done is list players that at some stage we were trying to sign...

If Lee Wallace was too exepensive then who should we have signed...for years people have posted on here, we should do this and we should do that...there cheaper players available blah blah blah...

If it was that easy then why is there not teams full of Romanians, Scandinavians, Bulgarians, Serbians etc running around?

Conway got 15k a week at Cardiff, Danns is getting the same at Leicester, Vaughan is getting 20-30k a week at West Brom and Hemed wanted to go to La Liga...Lee Wallace's fee wouldnt have paid any of those wages for 2yrs but dont let that put you off posting nonsense as fact!

I think McCoist possibly sees Murray Davidson as the long term replacement to Lee McCulloch.

Planning for the future a bit like lee wallace eventually replacing papac when he goes

Is Davidson not an attacking midfielder. Once again I would like Hutton to be given a chance to claim that position.

With McInnes and McCoist having a pretty close relationship/friendship I assume McCoist has been tracking this boy and getting reviews about him for a long, long time.

Davidson is a bit older and a lot more experienced than Hutton is and with that in mind I wouldn't be against a like for like swap which would see Hutton going there for a season so he can get a good run of games under his belt while Davidson comes in to our squad and adds a bit more experience and versatility.

With McInnes and McCoist having a pretty close relationship/friendship I assume McCoist has been tracking this boy and getting reviews about him for a long, long time.

Davidson is a bit older and a lot more experienced than Hutton is and with that in mind I wouldn'ty be against a like for like swap which would see Hutton going there for a season so he can get a good run of games under his belt while Davidson comes in to our squad and adds a bit more experience and versatility.

Fair shout

Davidson is a bit older and a lot more experienced than Hutton is and with that in mind I wouldn't be against a like for like swap which would see Hutton going there for a season so he can get a good run of games under his belt while Davidson comes in to our squad and adds a bit more experience and versatility.

agreed, good idea

better tackler than edu and can time them better than mcculloch

that really is what were missing in the middle of the park. a player who will tacle hard and just make the simple passes to keep posession.