Wesley Verhoek

Broxi1872

Verhoek can't talk about us as we haven't had a bid accepted

If and it's a big if , Forrest have had a bid accepted then of course he can say " yes , Forrest are my destination "

Now the Dutch journalist that a poster on here has been speaking to has said in many an occasion that he is saying rangers / Forrest and chopping and changing his mind every day

If we bid what they want tmrw then he could then say rangers is my destination

All this crap from twitter and that clueless dickhead 4th official is pure speculation

Sky sports this summer have been a shambles too so I wouldn't even trust those cunts now

Pig headed stubborness will get you nowhere in the transfer market, its one thing negotiating to pay a fair price but bidding silly low does you no favours at all, if the difference between getting the guy and not is 200-300k its lunacy not to go the extra mile to secure a quality player.

Was shocked to find out he was 31.

When I first watched the video I was like that striker is good, wonder how much he would cost. Does not look that old!

WV and NJ would have been a fantastic foil. :disappointment:

Exactly what I thought !! The run were he goes right through the middle of the defence in that video he looks rapid as fuck for a guy of his size (and age seeing as he's 31) ! 6.45 minutes in.

I am assuming this twitter stuff about him signing for Forest was nonsense?

nope, he's not 100% signing for them but I wouldn't say nonsense. It's not just twitter either, a few dutch articles have said so as well

nope, he's not 100% signing for them but I wouldn't say nonsense. It's not just twitter either, a few dutch articles have said so as well

Cheers. I would be gutted if we missed out on him, particularly by failing to make an acceptable bid. Fair enough if Forest simply offer him better wages, but we should at least bid enough to be in a position to talk to the player.

Losing out on this guy would be just as farcical as Goodwillie. We've courted him for a sizable amount of time, the price has been set by ADO Den Haag hasn't it? 2 Million Euros? Seems like a small amount of money for a guy as highly rated as Verhoek.

Losing out on this guy would be just as farcical as Goodwillie. We've courted him for a sizable amount of time, the price has been set by ADO Den Haag hasn't it? 2 Million Euros? Seems like a small amount of money for a guy as highly rated as Verhoek.

Exactly. Not as if we are chasing some risky youngster. He has been playing in the Eredivisie for a few years, with last season being his real breakthrough, he has been tipped to break into the Dutch national set-up in the next few months. He is exactly the kind of player we should be looking at, and everything considered 2million euros or even pounds doesn't seem to be an unreasonable request.