Alejandro Bedoya deal agreed

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone posted on twitter that tevez is signing a season long loan with us as man city don't want him going to another epl team. Don't believe it myself but i thought I'd throw that one into the ring. I can't fucking find the post now either.

Someone posted on twitter that tevez is signing a season long loan with us as man city don't want him going to another epl team. Don't believe it myself but i thought I'd throw that one into the ring. I can't fucking find the post now either.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

@AleBedoya17

Alejandro Bedoya

In Glasgow n just agreed to terms w/ Rangers! Crossing fingers Work Permit goes through! Thanks for the support! #Blessed

This tweet is genuine, unlike some others.

Orebro midfielder Alejandro Bedoya has agreed to sign for Rangers on a pre-contract basis, STV has learned.

The American was subject to an offer earlier this week from the SPL side, which was rejected by the Swedish club. But Bedoya travelled to Scotland for talks and has agreed to join the club from January 1.

Bedoya's representatives and Rangers haven't ruled out making a second offer to bring the midfielder in immediately but are yet to table another bid to Orebro.

Speaking on Thursday, Rangers' director of football Gordon Smith confirmed their talks with the player. "We are hoping to get him on a pre-contract," Smith told STV. "We are in discussions about that.

"It would be to start in January but if we were to sign him now, we would have to agree a fee with his club. That's under discussion as well."

At international level, Bedoya got his big break at this summer’s Gold Cup when he was drafted in late to the USA team. The New Jersey born player has scored nine goals in 62 appearances for Orebro since signing in 2009.

The midfielder was a member of the United States' squad for the Gold Cup in June, making five appearances as Bob Bradley's side reached the final before losing 4-2 to Mexico.

The creative midfielder was also in the preliminary 30-man US squad for the 2010 World Cup but was cut from the final 23-man selection.

Bedoya, who has been in Sweden since 2009, has 13 caps for the United States’ national team and is out of contract at the end of the Swedish season in December.

Patrick Mork, the player’s agent, said he believed Bedoya would fit in well in Scotland. “Alejandro Bedoya plays with lots of guts and character," he told STV. "When you see him play you think British football.

“He is a very hard working player, an up and down the midfield player. He can play central or right midfield and also on the right wing.”