Owen Hargreaves

Raligt

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joking aside, i'd love him to come to rangers, really i would.

he is some player, and taking a gamble on his fitness is well worth the risk

amazing player who still has a lot to give, and personally i think he's determined to prove something

but, i hope he wouldnt' turn into our freddie looneyburger

What do those videos really show?

Could someone with a bit of a medical background or knowledge about injuries please enlighten me?

All it shows to me is him doing a few minutes workout in tight shorts.

How does that relate to the intensity of playing Pro football in say the EPL or the SPL against players who are fully committed and don't give a fuck about hurting him again?

What do those videos really show?

Could someone with a bit of a medical background or knowledge about injuries please enlighten me?

All it shows to me is him doing a few minutes workout in tight shorts.

How does that relate to the intensity of playing Pro football in say the EPL or the SPL against players who are fully committed and don't give a fuck about hurting him again?

the contraption he is using is a core x fitness band

it's designed to put extra strain on the whole body whatever you do, with the sole purpose of increasing core strength and overall fitness

i dont know enough about owen hargrieves or his injuries to hazard a guess as to why he's using it

but generally it's there to improve core strength, what he is doing in those vids is ver light excercises, no vids showing him lifting weights and inproving muscle mass or increasing his strength

this all seems to be cardio vascular and general atheltic fitness

going by this, i think he might be a bit lightweight for the spl, still love him to come to rangers though, perhaps this routine is just an overall fitness workout, focusing on knee and ankle strength (when he balances on the board and slides on the mat)

bouncing the swiss ball off the wall??

i have no idea lol

the contraption he is using is a core x fitness band

it's designed to put extra strain on the whole body whatever you do, with the sole purpose of increasing core strength and overall fitness

i dont know enough about owen hargrieves or his injuries to hazard a guess as to why he's using it

but generally it's there to improve core strength, what he is doing in those vids is ver light excercises, no vids showing him lifting weights and inproving muscle mass or increasing his strength

this all seems to be cardio vascular and general atheltic fitness

going by this, i think he might be a bit lightweight for the spl, still love him to come to rangers though, perhaps this routine is just an overall fitness workout, focusing on knee and ankle strength (when he balances on the board and slides on the mat)

bouncing the swiss ball off the wall??

i have no idea lol

Cheers mate. (tu)

I just don't see how this shows his real fitness.

A 90 minute video of him playing a match for a pub team would be much more use than bouncing a ball off a wall or runnning round cones.

Cheers mate. (tu)

I just don't see how this shows his real fitness.

A 90 minute video of him playing a match for a pub team would be much more use than bouncing a ball off a wall or runnning round cones.

you're right it doesn't

i think anyone with a reasonable fitness could easily do the things he's doing in those videos

i think it is more to prove his determination more than anything

i'm actually surprised this thread isn't more alive, this is the most exciting player we've been linked with for a long time, even the ondokor thread seemed to be creating more of a stir than this one. if the guy is fit, and captures some form it is the one way we could sign a truly world class player with so much reputation for relatively small funds.

lot's of IFs though

I work quite heavily within strength and conditioning and although the YouTube videos are impressive as far as his conditioning is involved, I would have preferred to see him do some actual skills work with a ball. You can train and train and train but there is no replacement for on field skills training.

I'm sure he is in fantastic shape but nothing can beat the chaotic and random circumstances that the events of a game can exert on the body. I think the videos were a "look at me" exercise to put him in the minds of a few clubs. The proof will be in the actual technical training and games he will soon play.