Whittaker

NessFTW

This guy is NOT a bad player and it's vital he doesn't become a whipping boy of the fans.

It's not going to help him, us or anyone else by getting on his back.

We need to get behind him and pray he regains his form because like it or not he's ours for a long time.

I have a big problem with him now, he's never been my favorite players but I've always supported him and when he's playing well he's a decent player. Some may think I'm exaggerating but IMO he doesn't give you any more than 5 good/solid performances a season but he thinks he's worthy of 20k+ a week then goes on to do the dumbest thing I've seen from a Rangers player in a while that played a massive part in our elimination from the CL. He needs to prove himself to me again, I don't think his heart is in it, he should've been punted when Bursaspor wanted him but I'll stand by him as long as he's a Ger

Even though I think the wage he's getting is a bit too much, he has been a big player for us over the years, he's having a bad spell right now and being a whipping boy for fans certainly won't help him.

He is like a wee boy. Total confidence player.. If the big bad nasty fans give him stick he shites himself.

As an attacker I like him.

As an actual defender I think his attributes are poor.

He did not deserve a 5 year deal at 20k a week

Whittaker has been instrumental for us and short memories dont mean i forget this, i am in the view we should have gave him a new deal and we certainly should not get on the guys back

Whittaker has been erratic since signing culminating in him being dropped on more that one occasion and bing kept out of the team by Broadfoot, who most will tell you is shit. His improvement in his defensive abilities has been minimal. And he has has long spells of being pretty shit.

He hasn't has a consistant season since signing, last year being his closest to having one.

That said, I don't see the point in getting on his back, its self defeating.

Whittaker has been erratic since signing culminating in him being dropped on more that one occasion and bing kept out of the team by Broadfoot, who most will tell you is shit. His improvement in his defensive abilities has been minimal. And he has has long spells of being pretty shit.

He hasn't has a consistant season since signing, last year being his closest to having one.

That said, I don't see the point in getting on his back, its self defeating.

Cmon, broaders is keeping no one out of the team, other circumstances are aiding that suggestion... i also know what broaders abilities are and what others think off him, whitty could still be a better CB than broaders.

5 yrs maybe it is too long but if he was still in form and hitting that consistancy it wouldnt even be a talking point.

I think its the fact he's signed a new 5 year deal worth a reported £20k a week and since then has not given a fuck and cost us almost every game so far this season and most importantly cost us upwards of £12m due to almost single handedly putting us out of the CL.

He can fuck off out of the team for all I care.

hes getting paid big money, he should be able to take the flak which he is undoubtably due at times.

but hes is a confidence driven player, hopefully with a bit off support and encouragement we can get

the player we know he can be back.

I think its the fact he's signed a new 5 year deal worth a reported £20k a week and since then has not given a fuck and cost us almost every game so far this season and most importantly cost us upwards of £12m due to almost single handedly putting us out of the CL.

He can fuck off out of the team for all I care.

Shite, he never single handedly lose us upwards of 12 mill, what about booghy? its easy to apportion blame on him since he is here but the fact remains he is a rangers player and will play as a regular, hence why we should not bare a grudge and get on his back

I said it before he had even kicked a ball this season and I'll say it again now, Whittaker was our 2nd worse player last season behind Edu, when you only count players that playing regularly.

Should never be on 20k a week and if we weren't so short in numbers elsewhere, RB would be a position where a wanted a new signing in for.

Can't pass, can't defend and didn't really do much going forward last season until the end.

Shite, he never single handedly lose us upwards of 12 mill, what about booghy? its easy to apportion blame on him since he is here but the fact remains he is a rangers player and will play as a regular, hence why we should not bare a grudge and get on his back

What so he didn't give a goal away in the 1st leg? then to make up for it he went and got sent off in the 2nd leg?

He is a clown.

All this confidence player stuff is nonsense as well. Rightbacks shouldn't be "confidence" players. All they need to do is defend. He doesn't need to skin people or score all the time, just defend for crying out loud.

I understand forwards and goalkeepers getting labelled "confidence" players but not bloody RB's. I don't hear people like Fleck or even Charlie Adam when he was here getting called confidence players, no they just get/got labelled as shit.

He should either start doing his job or fuck off.

All about opinions and mine is that Whittaker as a right back is a liability who has carried on where he left off last season.

Sold the goal against Hearts

Sold the goal against Malmo

Got sent off for utter stupidity against Malmo

3 major incidents in only 4 games. Is he that much of a "confidence" player that he has lost it after 1 game.

Now when he plays and the fans are at the game i don't see the point in booing a player or shouting abuse at them as that never helps anyone.

The fact remains though that Whittaker was at fault for a fair share of the goals we lost last season...especially in Europe and if you look at how opposition teams play us is it any co-incidence they almost always concentrate on his area of the park?

What so he didn't give a goal away in the 1st leg? then to make up for it he went and got sent off in the 2nd leg?

He is a clown.

All this confidence player stuff is nonsense as well. Rightbacks shouldn't be "confidence" players. All they need to do is defend. He doesn't need to skin people or score all the time, just defend for crying out loud.

I understand forwards and goalkeepers getting labelled "confidence" players but not bloody RB's. I don't hear people like Fleck or even Charlie Adam when he was here getting called confidence players, no they just get/got labelled as shit.

He should either start doing his job or fuck off.

better hope he starts doing a job as i see him going nowhere anytime soon, confidence player or not he needs to get his finger out, injury aside..

better hope he starts doing a job as i see him going nowhere anytime soon, confidence player or not he needs to get his finger out, injury aside..

I hope he does start doing his job because on his day Whittaker can be very good.

And that is what pisses me off. He is at the age now where he should be performing consistently good or at least above average. He has his last big contract tied up so he should have no fears about the future.

If being handed a 5 year contract on £20k from your club and Manager doesn't give you confidence then I don't know what will.

Sorry but I dont rate the guy, never have and I doubt I ever will, but I wouldn't boo or give him stick I'd never do that to anyone in a Rangers jersey and I hope the rest of our fans dont give him a hard time either (I doubt they would) thats if he does start at the weekend

He's a good player on form. When he's bad, he's pretty woeful but his better performances have always outweighed his poor ones.

I'm confident he'll return to form and continue being a vital part of our squad, his performances this season have been rotten, though.

I was hoping now we have a bit more competition in the squad, Ally would be prepared to drop those out of form, but sadly it looks like his, along with Mccullochs and Edus, place is assured as long as they turn up on Saturday.