Mccoist Interview

dave7867

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their is no-one else able to come in to that midfield and make it better, fuck changing it for the sake of it! If ness was fit I doubt jig would of played tbh

I think Lee was always going to be played and this is the biggest problem we have; players are not being selected on ability or form,some contracts have been extended and/or improved which were obviously not based on ability or form.My fear that Ally was too close to certain playes and would not be able to distance himself or get the level of authority and respect needed as a manager is possibly justified.Having the "wisdom" of Durrant close to his ears is another factor which does him no favours.

I think Lee was always going to be played and this is the biggest problem we have; players are not being selected on ability or form,some contracts have been extended and/or improved which were obviously not based on ability or form.My fear that Ally was too close to certain playes and would not be able to distance himself or get the level of authority and respect needed as a manager is possibly justified.Having the "wisdom" of Durrant close to his ears is another factor which does him no favours.

We can only hope that McKay and Bedoya are a step up in class from this present midfield. If they turn out to be no better than Ortiz, then we are in big trouble as we have no quality midfielders except Davis now and then and Ness once every 12 weeks for 45-60 minutes.

We lack pace and width and creativity. we badly need a quality striker and winger. Only play Ortiz on the right too. Give Naismith a good talking to and tell him to calm down and concentrate.

It really is like the old pals act.

This was my big fear when they announced Ally as new Manager.And his team.

I think a lot of people new this but time will tell .He needs to make his own Team and quick.

We can only hope that McKay and Bedoya are a step up in class from this present midfield. If they turn out to be no better than Ortiz, then we are in big trouble as we have no quality midfielders except Davis now and then and Ness once every 12 weeks for 45-60 minutes.

We lack pace and width and creativity. we badly need a quality striker and winger. Only play Ortiz on the right too. Give Naismith a good talking to and tell him to calm down and concentrate.

Said exactly the same thing in another thread.

Good post. (tu)

Lafferty shouldn't have been brought on. Mccoist is not playing Wylde as he won't sign a contract which is bullshit, he has the balls to drop a young boy and bully him but not drop his fucking best mate Lee mcculloch (who was absolutely shocking and couldn't get anywhere near Maribor!)

I honestly can't even listen to the shite coming from mccoist, it's his team! It's his selections and tactics and yet again we Are beaten off of a total shit team. It's time for him to grow a set but tbh I've been saying that since the malmo home game!

Things are looking extremely grim.

We need a bumper crowed to get behind our team in the return leg. We cannot afford to go out. Could see us losing Jelavic next transfer window if we get put out of Europe and keep playing utter shit

im one who will digest the game b4, tin hat on but IMO, im gonna say what exactly is jelavic giving to the team, on numerous occasions he handballs or fouls in good situations and one on one on the goalie or in other parts of the pitch he loses it more than most, last night through on goal wide, malmo away, left foot swinger when through on goal, granted,he scored a cracker in malmo but a player people rate at £10 million should be tucking them away granted we may have never given him the service consistently but for me im not getting the hype at the moment

This has been way over exagerrated. We lost 2 stupid goals last night. We missed a few sitters. We will pump this mob at Ibrox.

Our only concern is our midfield layout. A few tweaks and its sorted (drop Lee etc)

Calm down dears.

2-1 away is still a not bad result. Away goal anyone?

I personally see a lot of encouraging signs. if the drama queens can settle down for a few weeks and Mr whyte keeps his promises. I see the dawn of an exciting new era.

GS can you share what these signs are? Seriously, I reckon if Ness was fit he would have still went with Edu and Jig.

Could he not have put Wylde on and moved Ortiz to the right and took McCulloch off?

Could he not have had a firm word with Naismith at half time and told him in no uncertain terms to grow up and start acting and playing like a man instead of a petulant little boy?

Could he not have bawled from the touchline at Jelavic and told him to stay in the middle and stop drifting out wide all the time....nah scrap that he was drifting out wide as a result of our tactics and lack of playmaking and link up play.

Could he not have ditchethe Edu/McCullochj pairing sooner and moved Davis in to the middle.

Could he not have went to the touchline and demanded the players up the tempo and stop treating it like a fucking pre season training session.

Could he ...just be way out his depth and doesn't have the bottle to drop the guys he has been close to for the last 3 years.

GS can you share what these signs are? Seriously, I reckon if Ness was fit he would have still went with Edu and Jig.

I don't but who knows.

I see a change to our style. no more zonal marking when we don't have the ball a change in formation to a continental style. we need a player or two to get it right and some time but given a little time and support I think things will go well.

Could he not have put Wylde on and moved Ortiz to the right and took McCulloch off?

Could he not have had a firm word with Naismith at half time and told him in no uncertain terms to grow up and start acting and playing like a man instead of a petulant little boy?

Could he not have bawled from the touchline at Jelavic and told him to stay in the middle and stop drifting out wide all the time....nah scrap that he was drifting out wide as a result of our tactics and lack of playmaking and link up play.

Could he not have ditchethe Edu/McCullochj pairing sooner and moved Davis in to the middle.

Could he not have went to the touchline and demanded the players up the tempo and stop treating it like a fucking pre season training session.

Could he ...just be way out his depth and doesn't have the bottle to drop the guys he has been close to for the last 3 years.

That , for me, was his biggest mistake of all last night and cost us the game.

Maribor were so poor even that rangers team should have beaten them comfortably last night

jela was doing well going wide. outing laffs more central and jela wide was the right decision. as was taking of naisy.

what wasn't was our change to sitting in and not pressing them.

even in hindsight your making tactical mistakes which shows how much harder it is for super.

naisy needs to calm down but you can't sort that out at half time.

This has been way over exagerrated. We lost 2 stupid goals last night. We missed a few sitters. We will pump this mob at Ibrox.

Our only concern is our midfield layout. A few tweaks and its sorted (drop Lee etc)

Calm down dears.

2-1 away is still a not bad result. Away goal anyone?

Are you for fucking real? A loss to a shite outfit like Maribor is not a bad result? Even if we stuff them at Ibrox...and I'm not at all confident this bunch of wasters is capable of that, it will still be yet another embarrassment while playing in a proper competition. Not a bad result my arse.

jela was doing well going wide. outing laffs more central and jela wide was the right decision. as was taking of naisy.

what wasn't was our change to sitting in and not pressing them.

even in hindsight your making tactical mistakes which shows how much harder it is for super.

naisy needs to calm down but you can't sort that out at half time.

And what tactical mistake is that....by demanding your main centre forward stops going out wide all the time and stays in the centre. The reason he was going wide all the time was because that was the only place he could get the ball. There was no support for him and no one to link up play with him.

If he had made the changes sooner and not taken off the petulant Naismith then Jelavic would have been in the danger zone more often because his team mates would have been doing the work in the wider areas and creating chances for him and Lafferty in the centre.

i firmly believe he wants a hard working pressing midfield who press the game and break quickly. he wont get it with jig in the team and when we get the new players i do not think we will see much of mculloch.

i can see what ally wants to achieve and i like it but he needs some time and some players.

Agree with all this.

I still think if Jelavic had finished his easy chance after a good ball from Edu we would have steamrolled them as well.

The real crux of the matter for me is this.

Are Malmo and Maribor any better than St Johnstone or St Mirren or Hibs or Dunfermline or indeed the majority of the SPL teams we face week in week out?

My answer is no they are not and would struggle to make the top 6 of the SPL.

So answer me this...why are we so fucking over cautious when playing teams like this and treating them as if they are Barcelona or Real Madrid.

These teams are openly slagging us such is the ridicule and contempt they have for us. We are seen as an easy tie and a team they do not fear or respect.

That is UNACCEPTABLE to me as a Rangers fan of over 40 years.

And what tactical mistake is that....by demanding your main centre forward stops going out wide all the time and stays in the centre. The reason he was going wide all the time was because that was the only place he could get the ball. There was no support for him and no one to link up play with him.

If he had made the changes sooner and not taken off the petulant Naismith then Jelavic would have been in the danger zone more often because his team mates would have been doing the work in the wider areas and creating chances for him and Lafferty in the centre.

he put lafferty alongside him to help.

as for naisy if he stays on and is red carded then everyone would be saying why wasn't he taken off.

hindsights great but its not constructive.

going forward we need someone with pace and goals to help jela and we need to drop jig. if we don't get that then super and whyte deserve criticism.

The real crux of the matter for me is this.

Are Malmo and Maribor any better than St Johnstone or St Mirren or Hibs or Dunfermline or indeed the majority of the SPL teams we face week in week out?

My answer is no they are not and would struggle to make the top 6 of the SPL.

So answer me this...why are we so fucking over cautious when playing teams like this and treating them as if they are Barcelona or Real Madrid.

These teams are openly slagging us such is the ridicule and contempt they have for us. We are seen as an easy tie and a team they do not fear or respect.

That is UNACCEPTABLE to me as a Rangers fan of over 40 years.

Really well said mate , as someone how has also followed them for well over 40 years I can recall when we went at teams in Europe.

Seems to be that when we venture into Europe it's negative, that team like Malmo should have been disposed of no problems in fact we should not have even been in Slovenia last night.

So some on Ally show us Imagination and flair.

There's no guarantee that anything you suggested would have made any difference.

Those players have a massive responsibility when they step onto the pitch for The Rangers - McCoist can do a lot, but he cannot impact on individual performance levels. At least not in any meaningful sense until he has competition for places and that is clearly unfolding before our eyes.