Mccoist Interview

dave7867

Ally sounded completely downbeat. McCulloch is totally gash and Edu is at least trying again but its still not enough. WHY OH WHY wont Ally put on subs when the team are clearly not cutting in certain positions?

Because, unfortunately, he learned the lessons exactly the way they were taught.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope your not suggesting Mccoist lacks desire and passion . the quality part ? too early to tell for me

Obviously not but can you honestly say that you see it any of the players?

"We stood off them. We let them play. We weren't protecting the defence nearly enough. The number of times their midfield was coming onto us and having free shots at goal was there for everyone to see."

That was McCoist's comments afterwards. Every time the camera turned to Ally he was sitting on the bench looking lost! Why wasn't he trying to give instructions to the midfielders to change the situation or make use of his subs to turn it around?

"We stood off them. We let them play. We weren't protecting the defence nearly enough. The number of times their midfield was coming onto us and having free shots at goal was there for everyone to see."

That was McCoist's comments afterwards. Every time the camera turned to Ally he was sitting on the bench looking lost! Why wasn't he trying to give instructions to the midfielders to change the situation or make use of his subs to turn it around?

A mystery right enough

Seems to see it all....the faults and deficiencies I mean, but he appears incapable of doing anything about it.

We are a poor team with no heart or fire! Major - and I do mean major - surgery is required. Several players must be shown the door without further delay....no sentiment...get them out!

Clubfoot; Whittaker, McCulloch, Edu and ( I say reluctantly) Ortiz. I have major doubts about Naismith and Lafferty as well.

Rangers boss Ally McCoist was "shocked" after watching his side surrender a lead to lose the first leg of their Europa League tie with Maribor.

Juanma Ortiz's tap-in put the Ibrox side in command, but second-half goals from Agim Ibraimi and Etien Velikonja gave the Slovenians the advantage.

"We created our own downfall," said McCoist. "We weren't protecting Allan McGregor or our defence nearly enough.

"It's a poor, poor result for us, but I still believe we'll go through."

The away goal gives Rangers hope for next Thursday's return leg at Ibrox, but Maribor will fancy their chances of scoring in Glasgow after enjoying several periods of pressure at the Ljudski vrt stadium.

We certainly created enough chances to score goals and I think we'll do that at Ibrox

"We weren't good enough in the middle of the park," McCoist told BBC Radio Scotland.

"The number of times that their midfield were having free shots at goal was there for everybody to see.

"We stood off them, we let them play, we let them come back into it in the second half and we effectively got what we deserved.

"It's crazy. I would've been disappointed with 1-1. I'm actually a little bit shocked. I couldn't see us losing that game at all.

"We have to learn from the result, learn from the defeat and come back and win the second leg and I believe we will do that.

"I honestly believe we've got the firepower and we certainly created enough chances to score goals and I think we'll do that at Ibrox."

McCoist replaced the booked Steven Naismith at the break with fit-again Kyle Lafferty and admitted the change disrupted Rangers' rhythm.

"We just felt that he had been doing very well towards the end of last season playing in that area just off Nikica, so we thought we'd do that and just match up in the middle of the park and go straight four against them and give our boys something to do," he added.

"But, to be quite frank, it didn't work."

midfield was crap, at least ally could see that. However why the hell didnt he change it? I can see the reasons for taking naismith off as he likely to be sent off. However why bring on a player whos only back from injury? Why not bring on wylde and bring ortiz to the right side of midfield? Why not take a clearly struggling and unfit mcculloch off and bring fleck on. I know flecks not great but he couldnt have been any worse than mcculloch. At least make a change and make an effort. We can still win this tie. Whether we will or not depends a lot on mccoist. He needs to make changes in that midfield. If we start the next game with ortiz edu mcculloch davis naismith then we might as well give up now

Went into a darkened room after the game to calm down. I have emerged..... calm and collected.

That was brutal...simply brutal. We cannot string two worthwhile passes together - simply 'hoof' the ball up the park and hope big Jela gets on the end and does something spectacular.

This is dismal, amateur stuff. We simply pass the ball across the back OR pass it back OR hoof it up field. No organisation, no thought; no creativity; no skill; no ability no quality and no leadership anywhere ON or OFF the pitch!

Fire power...is Ally really serious or is he delusional?

IN HIS LAST TWO INTERVIEWS HE INSISTED WE WERE MAKING PROGRESS....what games is he watching? We are going backwards at an alarming rate of knots!!! WE ARE TRULY AWFUL!

Theres problems behind the scenes the players are not giving there all for Ally, that performance tonight was a fucking shambles Davis is NOT a Rangers Captain there was no leadership from him tonight fuck all, the players looked like they were going through the motions no urgency or creativity some players need dropped and certain ones need to get tae fuck out of ibrox.

Went into a darkened room after the game to calm down. I have emerged..... calm and collected.

That was brutal...simply brutal. We cannot string two worthwhile passes together - simply 'hoof' the ball up the park and hope big Jela gets on the end and does something spectacular.

This is dismal, amateur stuff. We simply pass the ball across the back OR pass it back OR hoof it up field. No organisation, no thought; no creativity; no skill; no ability no quality and no leadership anywhere ON or OFF the pitch!

Fire power...is Ally really serious or is he delusional?

IN HIS LAST TWO INTERVIEWS HE INSISTED WE WERE MAKING PROGRESS....what games is he watching? We are going backwards at an alarming rate of knots!!! WE ARE TRULY AWFUL!

i think this sums up my feeling pretty well.

I'm so annoyed at the state of our team right now; i've managed to not swear on here yet, but it's almost impossible to keep it up when i'm so fucking pissed off.

If Ally keeps producing this I can see visions of an empty stadium and I don't want to go back to the days of John Greig.

I couldn't take that it was horrible, and I am very concerned about the brand of Football we are churning out .

Our Midfield players have no Ball control and we have no one to take free kicks outside the box and we have no midfielders willing to shoot outside the Box.

Some of our players passing is woeful, and we continually insist in giving the Ball away.

I'm worried now

He is to close to the players,they don't fear or respect him, as they should. If he is to remain as manager, he better change that quickly, or he will get buried by those same players.

i said something similar last season. I dont like assistants getting the top job full time. Ally would have been very pally with most these boys the last 3 years and will have players he's more loyal to out of friendship and would find hard to drop. Also, if a couple of plamyers he's good friends with arent getting picked, they will think ' i thought he was my m8, whys he no geein me a chance' potentially a recipe for disaster due to natural human behaviour. It must be hard to let ur m8's down, but he's in a job that it shouldnt be a factor. He HAS to be ruthless. Does he have the bottle? Time will tell.